Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayfield Off-Season in Cleveland

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Mayfield Off-Season in Cleveland

    Rumors are - and I do stress rumors - that Baker Mayfield has ”ok’d” a deal to move him this off season. Browns looking to “upgrade” although some think they can win with Baker at QB. Reportedly, Mayfield’s bride sent out a “cryptic message” recently indicating she and Baker are looking for a new house. I haven't found any mention of it on this board so....

    Atlanta’s Matt Ryan reportedly might be the object of Cleveland’s eye at the moment…and a couple of other “upgrades.” It will be an interesting pre-draft in Cleveland.

    Anyone heard any of this?

    #2
    Anyone heard any of this?
    for me, that would be an adamant and angry "no."



    Comment


      #3
      Sickens me how Mayfield is consistently not given his due as an NFL QB by so-called experts...Sure, he didn't have the greatest season this year although injuries and other circumstances played a huge role...Like Sam Bradford, give him adequate protection with time to set his feet and he's as accurate as most any QB in the league.

      Comment


        #4
        Mayfield needs to play in a tempo offense. He's not a ball control QB. He depends on being in a rhythm to make throws.

        Comment


          #5
          OBJ's being successful and a no-nonsense WR with the Rams after being a bust in Cleveland has made Baker look bad.
          Last edited by Balko; 02-20-2022, 07:09 PM.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Cyclonesooner View Post
            Sickens me how Mayfield is consistently not given his due
            Cleveland fans are the worst. They don't deserve success. Browns were 1-31 before Baker arrived. Since he took over at QB in game three of the 2018 season, they're 32-30-1, with a nice playoff showing in 2020.

            I hope they trade Baker and revert to what that franchise is best at — being hapless losers. They don't deserve him.


            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Mile40Saskatchewan View Post
              Rumors are - and I do stress rumors - that Baker Mayfield has ”ok’d” a deal to move him this off season. Browns looking to “upgrade” although some think they can win with Baker at QB. Reportedly, Mayfield’s bride sent out a “cryptic message” recently indicating she and Baker are looking for a new house. I haven't found any mention of it on this board so....

              Atlanta’s Matt Ryan reportedly might be the object of Cleveland’s eye at the moment…and a couple of other “upgrades.” It will be an interesting pre-draft in Cleveland.

              Anyone heard any of this?
              From whence come these "rumors?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Trip View Post

                Cleveland fans are the worst.
                pittsburgh fan?

                SPOILERfuck you!

                SPOILER

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Balko View Post
                  OBJ's bing successful and a no-nonsense WR with the Rams after being a bust in Cleveland has made Baker look bad.
                  I don't really agree. Weren't the rams good before OBJ got there? I do know they had a game winning drive in the Super Bowl without him. Having another superstar receiver can make all the difference. Way different to play for an already established team where the opposing defense can't afford to double-team very much. I think it reflects worse on the O-line and coaching than Baker.

                  That said, he obviously didn't play great this year. Have to respect the fight in that kid but in hindsight he should have just sat and had the surgery.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Rumors from dudes with fewer than 50 posts ARE EXACTLY WHAT LANTDHI*VES THRIVES UPON. Baker throws too many picks and only plays well with a chip on his shoulder. So he and Cleveland are perfect fits for one another.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by SoonerForLife View Post

                      I don't really agree. Weren't the rams good before OBJ got there? I do know they had a game winning drive in the Super Bowl without him. Having another superstar receiver can make all the difference. Way different to play for an already established team where the opposing defense can't afford to double-team very much. I think it reflects worse on the O-line and coaching than Baker.

                      That said, he obviously didn't play great this year. Have to respect the fight in that kid but in hindsight he should have just sat and had the surgery.
                      Rams would have been just fine with Robert Woods until he tore an ACL.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Mile40Saskatchewan View Post
                        Reportedly, Mayfield’s bride sent out a “cryptic message” recently indicating she and Baker are looking for a new house.
                        She got tired of living inside the stadium?
                        Live Free or Die!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Sooner5030 View Post
                          Mayfield needs to play in a tempo offense. He's not a ball control QB. He depends on being in a rhythm to make throws.
                          This. He was never going to be one of the best QB's in the league, but he can be a good starting QB with the right system.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Juicy scenario:

                            Kyler leaves Phoenix in free agency.
                            Browns trade Baker to the Cards.
                            Baker plays for Kliff once again.
                            Heads explode.

                            Full circle, baby.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              He should have had the surgery rather than play injured . Hope he does well

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Consistency has been a problem with both him and the browns. His best scenario is getting out of Cleveland. I have no clue what place fits him best, but Cleveland has not been the right answer for anybody since they were revived.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  I'd be perfectly content to have him traded to the Packers. Every year we never know what's gonna happen on the Aaron Rodgers comedy tour.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by Mile40Saskatchewan View Post
                                    Rumors are - and I do stress rumors - that Baker Mayfield has ”ok’d” a deal to move him this off season. Browns looking to “upgrade” although some think they can win with Baker at QB. Reportedly, Mayfield’s bride sent out a “cryptic message” recently indicating she and Baker are looking for a new house. I haven't found any mention of it on this board so....

                                    Atlanta’s Matt Ryan reportedly might be the object of Cleveland’s eye at the moment…and a couple of other “upgrades.” It will be an interesting pre-draft in Cleveland.

                                    Anyone heard any of this?
                                    Please send Matt Ryan to Cleveland for Baker and Matt Stafford trade type draft picks package.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                                      I'd be perfectly content to have him traded to the Packers. Every year we never know what's gonna happen on the Aaron Rodgers comedy tour.
                                      The Packers would be a good place for him to go.

                                      Also, the Dallas sport talk radio guys have been saying the need an upgrade for Dak. Maybe a swap could be arranged, and he could be reunited with Cee Dee.
                                      Live Free or Die!

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by SoonerForLife View Post

                                        I don't really agree. Weren't the rams good before OBJ got there? I do know they had a game winning drive in the Super Bowl without him. Having another superstar receiver can make all the difference. Way different to play for an already established team where the opposing defense can't afford to double-team very much. I think it reflects worse on the O-line and coaching than Baker.

                                        That said, he obviously didn't play great this year. Have to respect the fight in that kid but in hindsight he should have just sat and had the surgery.
                                        With the Rams he was 2/3 receiver playing with a Super Bowl MVP. A lot different than trying to carry the load as a number 1 in Cleveland.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

                                          The Packers would be a good place for him to go.

                                          Also, the Dallas sport talk radio guys have been saying the need an upgrade for Dak. Maybe a swap could be arranged, and he could be reunited with Cee Dee.
                                          He'd be a star in Green Bay. His personality fits the team perfectly.

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                            He'd be a star in Green Bay. His personality fits the team perfectly.
                                            I would love to see him in Green Bay. I think he’d fit perfectly there and be a star.

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

                                              I would love to see him in Green Bay. I think he’d fit perfectly there and be a star.

                                              .

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

                                                Also, the Dallas sport talk radio guys have been saying the need an upgrade for Dak. Maybe a swap could be arranged, and he could be reunited with Cee Dee.
                                                I would love to see Longhorn fans heads explode if this came to pass.

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  for Cleveland's coach trying to change a quarter horse into a plow horse just doesn't work and as far as I can tell most of the fans seems to like him in Cleveland its the media that hates him for some unknown reason

                                                  Comment


                                                    #26
                                                    I think butt-hurt Ohio State fans will/would always be a problem for Baker in Cleveland.

                                                    Comment


                                                      #27
                                                      You better hope he doesn't get traded to "Da Bears". and I believe the "Aints" are looking for someone to replace Breese. Dallas is just bad luck for QB's if their name isn't Aikman

                                                      Comment


                                                        #28
                                                        All the deals surrounding speculation about a Mayfield trade seem to have problems. It would be good for Mayfield to end up in the NFC but most of the potential landing spots sure aren't very appealing. Also the number of top flight QB's wanting to go to the Browns might be limited as well.

                                                        Comment


                                                          #29
                                                          Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post

                                                          pittsburgh fan?

                                                          SPOILERfuck you!

                                                          SPOILER
                                                          No, I'm not. I loathe the Stoolers.

                                                          Comment


                                                            #30
                                                            He needs something similar to when the Chargers ditched Brees, and Brees ended up with Sean Payton. Perfect fit.

                                                            Comment


                                                              #31
                                                              Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                              He'd be a star in Green Bay. His personality fits the team perfectly.
                                                              That and the star child heir apparent they drafted to replace Rodgers looked woefully awful when I watched him play. Maybe he’ll do better eventually but he didn’t have the look of even a competent QB from what I’ve seen. Meanwhile, Baker has elevated the worst franchise in the NFL to a team knocking on the door of the playoffs if not being IN the playoffs during his time. When healthy, Mayfield is a pretty good QB. Hard to be too critical of him in Cleveland because, well… Cleveland.

                                                              Comment


                                                                #32
                                                                Get him out of that dipshit Stefanski's offense. It's honestly the most painful offense I've seen in awhile, way too slow for Baker

                                                                Comment


                                                                  #33
                                                                  I'll be really disappointed if the browns bungle baker further. My wife and I went all in since we don't have an NFL team, and it's been a lot of fun watching them come up from the sewer. Reminds me a bit of the sooners with Bob in the late '90s. The only difference is that sooner fans and the media for the most part understood and appreciated what was happening. From what I can tell, the Cleveland media is so help it on hot takes that they almost overlooked the fact that Baker got them one play arguably from the Super Bowl 2 years ago.

                                                                  If they trade him now, I guess all this brown stuff would go to Goodwill. Sucks too I really like this neon sign, but I'm not going to be on board a team that has no direction with the first round draft pick.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    #34
                                                                    Originally posted by JudgeInjury View Post
                                                                    I'll be really disappointed if the browns bungle baker further. My wife and I went all in since we don't have an NFL team, and it's been a lot of fun watching them come up from the sewer. Reminds me a bit of the sooners with Bob in the late '90s. The only difference is that sooner fans and the media for the most part understood and appreciated what was happening. From what I can tell, the Cleveland media is so help it on hot takes that they almost overlooked the fact that Baker got them one play arguably from the Super Bowl 2 years ago.

                                                                    If they trade him now, I guess all this brown stuff would go to Goodwill. Sucks too I really like this neon sign, but I'm not going to be on board a team that has no direction with the first round draft pick.
                                                                    How does one spend their entire life until (however old you are now) without having a favorite team? I have been a Packer fan since birth. I have been a St. Louis Cardinals fan since 2nd grade. I have been an OU fan since 4th grade. No other teams bear my allegiance. I just don't get people who either don't have a team, or change teams based on who plays for them or how good they are. I totally get following Baker, Kyler, Jalen and other players, but becoming a fan of a team they're on? No way. I support those players wholeheartedly (and I'll admit a special love for Baker), but when they're playing my team? Fuck em'. They're the enemy. I want Baker to do really well, but I want my team to win. It became really hard when Switzer went to Dallas. I hate the Cowboys with a passion...but I wanted Barry to do well.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      #35
                                                                      I don't have a favorite NFL team or MLS team. NCAA, yes. NBA, yes. MLB, yes. NHL, yes. But not MLS or NFL. I used to like the Cowboys, but then Jerry Jones...

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        #36
                                                                        I'm sorry to say this but Baker aint it.

                                                                        He was "good for a rookie" in 2018 and he was good for half a season in 2020. Otherwise, he's been below average.

                                                                        In his rookie season he was great at getting rid of the ball fast. Now he holds the ball way too long and takes sacks or runs out of plays without seeing the field. He's lost his mojo despite the fact that he has a great offensive line who gives him more time on average than other teams.

                                                                        Joe Burrow's offensive line is garbage compared to Baker's yet he outshines Baker every single time.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          #37
                                                                          Originally posted by platon20 View Post

                                                                          Joe Burrow's offensive line is garbage compared to Baker's yet he outshines Baker every single time.
                                                                          Since Burrow's been in Cincinnati:
                                                                          Browns - 4
                                                                          Bengals - 0

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            #38
                                                                            Originally posted by platon20 View Post
                                                                            I'm sorry to say this but Baker aint it.

                                                                            He was "good for a rookie" in 2018 and he was good for half a season in 2020. Otherwise, he's been below average.

                                                                            In his rookie season he was great at getting rid of the ball fast. Now he holds the ball way too long and takes sacks or runs out of plays without seeing the field. He's lost his mojo despite the fact that he has a great offensive line who gives him more time on average than other teams.

                                                                            Joe Burrow's offensive line is garbage compared to Baker's yet he outshines Baker every single time.
                                                                            Joe Burrow is an anomaly. Not only can stand in pocket but can escape and deliver. He’s going to be a great QB. Like Stafford, so to speak.

                                                                            Baker is better on the run and I’ve never really been a Baker fan but he has talent. IMO, he needs to be in the right system and can hold his own. Stand in the pocket and be elite? No. But he can excel in a system catered to him and make defenses pay, better than the Manziels of the world or even some of the Murray’s and Mahomes IMO.

                                                                            He’s a great competitor and needs to be in the right system or will not do good.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              #39
                                                                              Originally posted by 5thWave View Post

                                                                              Since Burrow's been in Cincinnati:
                                                                              Browns - 4
                                                                              Bengals - 0
                                                                              Looks pretty outshiney to me.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                #40
                                                                                Originally posted by 5thWave View Post

                                                                                Since Burrow's been in Cincinnati:
                                                                                Browns - 4
                                                                                Bengals - 0
                                                                                Great stats. Reflective to the point at hand. I guess.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Cbsooner View Post
                                                                                  Get him out of that dipshit Stefanski's offense. It's honestly the most painful offense I've seen in awhile, way too slow for Baker
                                                                                  I don't disagree, but how many QBs have not met their potential because they were in the wrong offense? Is it better/easier to go get a player who fits your system than it is to get a coach to change his system or change the coach? My guess is that the better approach is you dump the coach and get one who runs a system that meets your QB strengths, but that doesn't seem to be the norm. My guess is also that there are a lot of QBs who would have had much better careers if the GMs/Owners had worked to fit a plan around them rather than dumping them. But it's just my guess. Cleveland's ownership has shown themselves to be pretty stupid about the game over the years, so there is that.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by 5thWave View Post

                                                                                    Since Burrow's been in Cincinnati:
                                                                                    Browns - 4
                                                                                    Bengals - 0
                                                                                    How's this for stats; Every single NFL GM, all 32 of them, would choose Burrow over Baker.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                                                                      How does one spend their entire life until (however old you are now) without having a favorite team? I have been a Packer fan since birth. I have been a St. Louis Cardinals fan since 2nd grade. I have been an OU fan since 4th grade. No other teams bear my allegiance. I just don't get people who either don't have a team, or change teams based on who plays for them or how good they are. I totally get following Baker, Kyler, Jalen and other players, but becoming a fan of a team they're on? No way. I support those players wholeheartedly (and I'll admit a special love for Baker), but when they're playing my team? Fuck em'. They're the enemy. I want Baker to do really well, but I want my team to win. It became really hard when Switzer went to Dallas. I hate the Cowboys with a passion...but I wanted Barry to do well.
                                                                                      I'm 44 and while I supported the Barry era cowboys and played the hell out of Tecmo Bowl on the NES and owned multiple years of Madden from the SNES onward growing up, living in Oklahoma I never felt a real connection to any pro team in any sport since they were all so far away.

                                                                                      I really love sports and have attended most of our minors (Yardawgz, 89ers, Redhawks, Blazers, Barons, Drillers, wrasslin at the flea market, dirt track racing at the fair grounds) and supported the Thunder until they and the NBA disrespected the flag. I just never was able to get into a team that wasn't local.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by platon20 View Post

                                                                                        How's this for stats; Every single NFL GM, all 32 of them, would choose Burrow over Baker.
                                                                                        I think they are both very similar actually. Both bringing teams back, both lost a season to injury, both suffered from a lack of pieces around them. Burrow may get the nod this year due to injury, but Baker would have been the choice two years when Burrow was hurt.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          #45
                                                                                          I like Baker. He was phenomenal for OU. But some of the defenses of him among OU fans are pretty out there. The media has a vendetta against him? He's basically Burrow's equal? Jesus, enough. He's been okay in the NFL, nothing more. He has a prove-it year coming up. I hope like hell he proves it.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by JudgeInjury View Post

                                                                                            I think they are both very similar actually. Both bringing teams back, both lost a season to injury, both suffered from a lack of pieces around them. Burrow may get the nod this year due to injury, but Baker would have been the choice two years when Burrow was hurt.
                                                                                            Disagree on the comparison.

                                                                                            Burrow is a absolute great pocket passer. May become one of the best all time. But with escape and deliver ability, probably less in that scale than Baker. Baker seems to be great on the run and deliver. Really good at that.

                                                                                            I know duel threat and deliver on the run is the flavor right now but the best, IMO, will always be strong pocket passers that can stay in there and deliver under intense pressure and actually feel and see before abandoning the pocket…then perhaps escape and deliver.

                                                                                            Burrow can do this better than most in our day and time, like some greats in the past. Not abandon immediately and try and make something happen.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by novasooner View Post
                                                                                              I like Baker. He was phenomenal for OU. But some of the defenses of him among OU fans are pretty out there. The media has a vendetta against him? He's basically Burrow's equal? Jesus, enough. He's been okay in the NFL, nothing more. He has a prove-it year coming up. I hope like hell he proves it.
                                                                                              You should read the stuff Mary Cabot writes and asks him, it's Traber-esque in it's quality. The national media openly ripped him from the draft onward, including that contentious interview to his face with Herd. For whatever reason, they really seem to dislike Baker. They branded him Manziel 2.0 so I think that qualifies as a vendetta.

                                                                                              And I don't know what to tell you, Baker beat Burrow three times (4th game he was injured) including a 4th quarter dime in the back of the end zone. They both have no weapons and play beyond their experience.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by JudgeInjury View Post

                                                                                                You should read the stuff Mary Cabot writes and asks him, it's Traber-esque in it's quality. The national media openly ripped him from the draft onward, including that contentious interview to his face with Herd. For whatever reason, they really seem to dislike Baker. They branded him Manziel 2.0 so I think that qualifies as a vendetta.

                                                                                                And I don't know what to tell you, Baker beat Burrow three times (4th game he was injured) including a 4th quarter dime in the back of the end zone. They both have no weapons and play beyond their experience.
                                                                                                He proved them wrong. First by being drafted #1 when they all said he was undraftable. Then by lighting it up as a rookie. The fact he's been average since then means nothing. Sports media people are sanctimonious, petty bitches.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Darth Fazande View Post

                                                                                                  He proved them wrong. First by being drafted #1 when they all said he was undraftable. Then by lighting it up as a rookie. The fact he's been average since then means nothing. Sports media people are sanctimonious, petty bitches.
                                                                                                  You could remove the word sports from your post and still be accurate. Simply noting that.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    #50
                                                                                                    Baker sighting!

                                                                                                    already preparing for his next gig as a ... soccer coach?



                                                                                                    SPOILER

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Go To Top

                                                                                                    Collapse

                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1