First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soonergrad View Post
    Pay me $19 million per year guaranteed and you can sit in my office and boo me all day long every day if you want to.
    We all boo you all day every day and we don’t pay you anything.

Comment

Originally posted by soonergrad View Post
      Pay me $19 million per year guaranteed and you can sit in my office and boo me all day long every day if you want to.
      Absolutely. They could have woke activists follow me into the john, and I wouldn't care. Depending on what I'd eaten, they might, but I wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post
        We all boo you all day every day and we don’t pay you anything.
        Heyooooooooo!!!!!!

Comment

Im not sure going to a place that might move on from Rhule after this year is a good idea. But...it's a business.

Comment

He'll have one of the best RBs in the league with him. Receivers are mediocre in Carolina. Defense has talent. But this is pretty much a make or break year for Rhule too. If they have a losing year he's probably toast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. X View Post
              Or for everyone, everywhere.

Social media is cancer.
              You're reading and posting on social media right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner5030 View Post
                Im not sure going to a place that might move on from Rhule after this year is a good idea. But...it's a business.

He only has to play one year, then he’s a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Balko View Post

Not the same thing.

Comment

I agree. It’s NOT the same thing. Almost every one of us DB posters is very antisocial.

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

Not the same thing.
                      Yeah, right

Comment

This place is pretty cancerous. Not like butt cancer, or lung cancer, but more of a skin cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner5030 View Post

Fate is just hell bent on giving Mayfield the Bradford treatment.

Comment

He would better off going somewhere and being a backup than playing for Carolina but no one will sign him unless the Browns are willing to eat a significant part of his contract. I am afraid Baker is doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
                              He'll have one of the best RBs in the league with him. Receivers are mediocre in Carolina. Defense has talent. But this is pretty much a make or break year for Rhule too. If they have a losing year he's probably toast.
                              Rhule will be alright, after Sark goes 6-6 or 7-5, Texass will can him and hire Rhule. then we get to listen to that whole "We're baaaaaccckk" shit for another year. Sark will go to Seattle, Stinky Joe says he and Pete=.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post
                                I agree. It’s NOT the same thing. Almost every one of us DB posters is very antisocial.
                                I'm not antisocial, I just don't like people.

Comment

Cleveland is about have a lot of QB depth if they can’t make a trade. Baker will have to show up for minicamp after the draft, then attend training camp and pre-season to keep all his guarantee money. He’ll be working and taking reps with the other 3 QBs.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/202...outputType=amp

Comment

Originally posted by BobStoopsReal View Post
                                    Cleveland is about have a lot of QB depth if they can’t make a trade. Baker will have to show up for minicamp after the draft, then attend training camp and pre-season to keep all his guarantee money. He’ll be working and taking reps with the other 3 QBs.

I could see an errant throw off Watson's head.

Comment

So he goes to all the meetings and takes his share of reps in practice. What happens if it is apparent that he is actually better than Watson? Awkward for sure

Comment

Originally posted by BobStoopsReal View Post

Mary Kay Cabot is a cunt

Comment

Originally posted by TheRainKing View Post

This place is pretty cancerous. Not like butt cancer, or lung cancer, but more of a skin cancer.
                                          It can still kill ya.

Comment

Yeah, right
                                            I get it. Logic has never been your thing. I’m sure you think the national cornhole championship is at the same level as the super bowl. Just exactly the same.

Comment

This would be a great fit:

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/

Report: Steelers Would Sign Baker Mayfield ’Next Day’ If Browns Cut Him

Editors’ note: This story contains accounts of sexual assault. If you or someone you know is a survivor of sexual assault, contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or at https://www.rainn.org

If the Browns release veteran quarterback Baker Mayfield, they may have to face him twice a year. During ESPN’s Get Up this morning, Jeff Darlington said that the Steelers would sign the AFC North rival quarterback “the very next day” if he’s cut, per The Plain Dealer.

The Mayfield-Steelers rumors have been prevalent since the fallout between the quarterback and his current Cleveland team. Mayfield has sought to be moved since the franchise set its sights on Deshaun Watson, for whom it eventually traded and signed to a record deal. Mayfield said he felt “disrespected” by the Browns for their lack of open communication as they sought to acquire Watson.

In March, Browns beat reporter Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer/Cleveland.com said that the Steelers would “pounce” at the chance to sign Mayfield. The team is seeking a replacement to Ben Roethlisberger after his retirement following the 2021 season.

The Steelers signed one high-upside reclamation project in former Bears starter Mitchell Trubisky. The team also has Mason Rudolph, who has started in place of an injured Roethlisberger in spots over the last few years. Tragically, another prominent member of the team’s quarterback room, Dwayne Haskins, was hit by a dump truck and killed in Florida earlier this month. He had been in the area attending workouts with Trubisky and other Steelers players.

In-depth analysis, unrivaled access. Get SPORTS ILLUSTRATED's best stories every weekday. Sign up now.

Mayfield is coming off of a disappointing, injury-addled season that saw him miss three of the team’s games. After leading the Browns to an 11–5 record and a playoff berth in 2020, he threw for 3,010 yards, 17 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in ’21. His 7.2 yards per attempt were tied for the worst mark of his career, and he had an astronomical sack rate of 9.3%, by far the worst of his NFL career.

The Browns were aggressive in seeking an upgrade in Watson, albeit one with significant baggage. While two grand juries in Texas declined to chargeWatson on 10 total criminal complaints stemming from many allegations of sexual misconduct and assault during massage therapy sessions, he still faces 22 active civil lawsuits. They describe accounts ranging from the quarterback refusing to cover his genitals during sessions to “touching [a plaintiff] with his penis and trying to force her to perform oral sex on him.”

After the deal, Watson received a five-year, $230 million contract. The deal is structured so that the quarterback would only lose $55,556 for every game he’s suspended if he serves one in 2022, per Sports Illustrated‘s Albert Breer.

During his introductory Browns press conference, Watson denied the allegations levied against him.

Comment

I would love to see him join the Steelers just to piss off Jim Traber.

Comment

He says he wants stability That would indeed be the Steelers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Wagon View Post
                                                    He says he wants stability That would indeed be the Steelers.
                                                    A team steadily in decline. IOW, the Bradford treatment.

Comment

Statue is going to be the flag plant.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
                                                        As good as that would be, and also the whirly bird arm celebration as he ran to the sideline after yet another TD, imagine how cool it would be for posterity if Baker's statue was the Heisman stiff arm of the oSu defender with that ugly helmet being driven into the ground, immortalized in bronze for the ages.....
                                                        Every time a Poke wandered by Heisman Park, he could see one of his brethren failing once again to beat the Sooners.
                                                        90 - 19 - 7, even after the "mail it in" game from last fall. Thanks a lot, TBOW.

Boomer.

Comment

If true, Ohio State heads will explode.
                                                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by bakerjrb View Post

As good as that would be, and also the whirly bird arm celebration as he ran to the sideline after yet another TD, imagine how cool it would be for posterity if Baker's statue was the Heisman stiff arm of the oSu defender with that ugly helmet being driven into the ground, immortalized in bronze for the ages.....
                                                            Every time a Poke wandered by Heisman Park, he could see one of his brethren failing once again to beat the Sooners.
                                                            90 - 19 - 7, even after the "mail it in" game from last fall. Thanks a lot, TBOW.

Boomer.
                                                            I had a running bet with a friend who said oSu wouldn’t hit 20 wins before OU hit 100. It was one of those where I don’t want to be right. But it looks like they’re reaching toward getting that coveted 20. Program on the rise, I tell ya.
                                                            I really thought when we made that bet that oSu would’ve put up more of a fight with how well they’ve done becoming more competitive. As it stands, the only times they’ve won since we made that bet were when OU had issues, too many injuries and/or mass exodus of coaches were on the way.
                                                            Strange how many times badly overrated or just flat out bad Texas and KSU teams have managed to win but oSu has so many poke chokes.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/...an-park-statue

Comment

WOW.
                                                                  Love the statue.

Comment

Nope.

That statue is beastly.

Comment

Comment

The statue looks like that time he stiff armed the osu defender on his way to the EZ in Stillwater. Good times.

Comment

Why would you choose to depict one of the most prolific passers in the history of college football in a running pose?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip View Post
                                                                            Why would you choose to depict one of the most prolific passers in the history of college football in a running pose?
                                                                            The pose. And he scored on that play.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
                                                                              Where the heck is Billy? Boomer!

Comment

When did he ever run without a helmet? Isn't a play immediately over if the helmet comes off? Sheesh.

Comment

Is this supposed to be artistic? I just don't get it. Here we are in 2023 and anyone can digitally scan objects and images and yet year after year we look at horrific renditions of unrecognizable caricatures. The giant head is so large on this, the whole thing looks like an angry midget hibachi chef making off with your noodles. Just embarrassing. 100 years from now some kid will walk by this statue and think the OU quarterback this year had severe encephalitis.

Comment

Originally posted by Thulsa Doom View Post
                                                                                    Is this supposed to be artistic? I just don't get it. Here we are in 2023 and anyone can digitally scan objects and images and yet year after year we look at horrific renditions of unrecognizable caricatures. The giant head is so large on this, the whole thing looks like an angry midget hibachi chef making off with your noodles. Just embarrassing. 100 years from now some kid will walk by this statue and think the OU quarterback this year had severe encephalitis.

That gangsta necklace on the alien dude makes it ok. Perhaps someone can put one of those on the Baker statue.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
                                                                                      When did he ever run without a helmet? Isn't a play immediately over if the helmet comes off? Sheesh.
                                                                                      Billy Sims never ran with his afro either. The only player wearing his helmet with a statue right now is Billy Vessels. And Bradford's looks nothing like Sam Bradford.

Comment

Here ... fixed it to be more realistic

Comment

The pose. And he scored on that play.
                                                                                          Viciously

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                                                                            The statue looks like that time he stiff armed the osu defender on his way to the EZ in Stillwater. Good times.

Comment

Statue looks like Baker was a member of the 1917 Sooners not 2017.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	210
Size:	871.0 KB
ID:	993723

James Dean giving posthumous thanks for his Heisman statue.

Comment

Originally posted by Thulsa Doom View Post
                                                                                                  Here ... fixed it to be more realistic

Wow. That really fixed it. It's so lifelike. What we really need now is the art department to do regular sized wax figures. That would draw football fans to the other side of campus.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post

Wow. That really fixed it. It's so lifelike. What we really need now is the art department to do regular sized wax figures. That would draw football fans to the other side of campus.
                                                                                                    I would be very interested in a wax figure of your mother

Comment

So what I'm getting is that the statues aren't exactly the work of Michelangelo? I don't know. That statue pretty much looks like RoboCop to me. If the one they did of Mayfield looks anything like the one above of Peter Weller as Murphy, heck it ought to awesome.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1