First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thulsa Doom View Post
    Is this supposed to be artistic? I just don't get it. Here we are in 2023 and anyone can digitally scan objects and images and yet year after year we look at horrific renditions of unrecognizable caricatures. The giant head is so large on this, the whole thing looks like an angry midget hibachi chef making off with your noodles. Just embarrassing. 100 years from now some kid will walk by this statue and think the OU quarterback this year had severe encephalitis.

Christopher Pike's buddy FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by CalSOONER View Post

Christopher Pike's buddy FTW!
      “Buddy” seems like a bit of an exaggeration.

Comment

Originally posted by Okieflyer View Post

Where the heck is Billy? Boomer!
        Probably overcharging someone for that shitty bbq.

Comment

I find it so hard to believe that the school didn’t ask you humps before making the statue.

Comment

Still can’t get over how shitty that statue is. It hasn’t been a good few months for Baker. Honestly I hope they get their money back from the statue maker/ and /or get a new one. I don’t see how they could fuck up this bad

Comment

OK, seeing that the headband is on representation explains why his "forehead" looks so gigantic. Wish he had his fu manchu.

Comment

But still looking forward to Kyler Murray being made to look like the Predator for the next statue.

Comment

Originally posted by Thulsa Doom View Post
                  Here ... fixed it to be more realistic

ACK ACK ACK!!!

Comment

heard Baker on the news saying how he was presented several options and he chose the "stiff arm to little brother"

Comment

seeing Sam reminds just how good the old contracts were for rookie QBs. That dude's $78 million is still bigger than either of Baker's or Kyler's first contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner5030 View Post
                        seeing Sam reminds just how good the old contracts were for rookie QBs. That dude's $78 million is still bigger than either of Baker's or Kyler's first contract.
                        Sam did OK with the contracts and earnings over his time in the league. 130 Million or so.

The rams were just a horrific roster.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
                          Hard to believe that Jason White has the smallest net worth of anyone in that picture. But he's still one of the best QB's OU ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Longcrawler View Post

Hard to believe that Jason White has the smallest net worth of anyone in that picture. But he's still one of the best QB's OU ever had.
                            I think he was there working on the air conditioning and they asked him over to get in the picture.

Comment

This seems legit.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerBAS View Post
                                heard Baker on the news saying how he was presented several options and he chose the "stiff arm to little brother"
                                Yup. Full quote:

"Joe Castiglione’s going to keep it pretty appropriate, so the flag plant was never going to happen,” Mayfield said, referring to him planting the Oklahoma flag at midfield of Ohio State’s stadium in 2017. “They gave me a couple of options and I thought no better way to keep a statue in the state of Oklahoma than for it to be a stiff-arm of your little brother. Forever, they have to deal with that one.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner in SoCal View Post

Sam did OK with the contracts and earnings over his time in the league. 130 Million or so.

The rams were just a horrific roster.
                                  And I don't think having Jeff Fisher as his coach did him any favors either. The Philadelphia roster was WR deficient, plus Chip Kelly couldn't adapt to the pro game. Minnesota could have been a good place, but ultimately his knees just gave out.

Sam was instrumental in the rise of Danny Amendola while in St. Louis.
                                  Last edited by 5thWave; 04-26-2022, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Say what you will about the statue, at least they didn't give glowing eyes like the demon horse statue

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricSooner View Post
                                      Say what you will about the statue, at least they didn't give glowing eyes like the demon horse statue
                                      Although that would be appropriate for a Baker statue.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricSooner View Post
                                        Hmm, I gotta admit, I don't hate this:

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. X View Post

It looks like he's burning his hand Superman style.

Comment

I'll be watching tonight's draft with great interest to see if Baker gets snapped up in a trade. A small part of me thinks the NY Giants might come out of nowhere. They could view Baker as a cheap bridge QB with greater ability than Daniel Jones, while they get Malik Willis for development.

Comment

Originally posted by 5thWave View Post
                                              I'll be watching tonight's draft with great interest to see if Baker gets snapped up in a trade. A small part of me thinks the NY Giants might come out of nowhere. They could view Baker as a cheap bridge QB with greater ability than Daniel Jones, while they get Malik Willis for development.
                                              My bet is day 2 or after when all the top QBs have been taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post

My bet is day 2 or after when all the top QBs have been taken.
                                                The trade value for Mayfield is too low for this year. Plus teams won't pay that salary for this year. I don't see Mayfield being traded.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. X View Post

ok...if it had these types of glowing eyes, that could perhaps vaporize enemy fans, then I retract my previous comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post

The trade value for Mayfield is too low for this year. Plus teams won't pay that salary for this year. I don't see Mayfield being traded.
                                                    The Browns will end up taking anything and there will be interest. The price will be determined at the level where more than 1 team is in play (FOMO). I'm guessing some team will agree to pick up a few mil of he contact and maybe a very late rounder. Very cheap for a back-up QB or competition for lessor current starter. The perfect scenario from a Baker POV would be a team that does pick a QB in the draft that is not projected to start in year 1. He could be the mentor while preparing to be a free agent next year. Not predicting that will happen.

Comment

Giants declined the option for Jones. Could mean they draft a QB or are looking for a QB in the market.

Comment

Mayfield in New York would be crazy.

Comment

Giants declined the option for Jones. Could mean they draft a QB or are looking for a QB in the market.
                                                          Originally posted by Balko View Post
                                                          Mayfield in New York would be crazy.
                                                          The Giants had picks 5 and 7 in the first round and did not take a QB. Does that bode well for Baker?
                                                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

The Cleveland Browns failed to trade QB Baker Mayfield during the first round of the NFL Draft, but one team is now the clear favorite to deal for him. 
                                                            Live Free or Die!

Comment

If Carolina gets Baker, I wonder what that means for Darnold. How weird would that be to have Baker and Darnold in the same QB room?

Comment

I would guess that Pittsburgh is now out of the picture.

Comment

I guess it's Seattle for Baker.

Comment

I guess it's Seattle for Baker.
                                                                    Not a bad situation— Seattle has drafted 2 highly rated OTs and a really good RB to help the offense— now they need a QB

Comment

not sure Seattle needs Bake. Geno Smith looked really good in limited action last season.

Comment

Chances of a trade have got to be zero at this point. We'll see him released at some point.

Comment

I want to see him be able to play, but also will enjoy watching Cleveland have to eat a whole bunch of money for him not to play for them. I don't think that other teams are not wanting him, they just don't want to have to pay for him if they don't have to, and because Cleveland is Cleveland, they don't have to.

Comment

Cleveland couldn't have played this worse. Now they have just about no bargaining power. About all they have is playing Seattle against the rest of a field that consists of teams that would be willing to pick of Baker for minimum. How exactly did the Browns envision this working out?

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerBurglar View Post
                                                                              Cleveland couldn't have played this worse. Now they have just about no bargaining power. About all they have is playing Seattle against the rest of a field that consists of teams that would be willing to pick of Baker for minimum. How exactly did the Browns envision this working out?
                                                                              It's almost as if the Browns don't envision at all.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post
                                                                                Geno Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Balko View Post
                                                                                  It's almost as if the Browns don't envision at all.
                                                                                  In my opinion Baker is a better QB than 2/3 of the current NFL starters and for him to not be on a team right now tells me its either a money issue or character issue (maybe both). I think he would be a great fit at Detroit. They have a tough minded coach and I think Baker could thrive there. He is light years better than Goff.

Comment

Cleveland is a graveyard for football players and coaches. So many deep seated problems there. Baker should have just refused ala Eli Manning and gone anywhere else when they drafted him.

Instead he sacrificed everything for a bunch of dicks who were willing to cut his throat for an (alleged) serial sexual assaulter. Trade him if you want, but to screw him over for that piece of sh*t and make him the highest paid player of all time shows you that Haslam and the rest have no clue at all what they are doing.

While I am hopeful he will get another shot, (preferably in Pittsburgh so he can get his revenge) this hurt his career in a sport and a spot where you don't get many chances unless you are named Fitzpatrick.

​I absolutely hate the Browns and hope they fail in every endeavor from now until the team folds again.

Comment

Is this how it ends for Mayfield? The royally fucked him over. Whatever Carolina was offering them they should’ve taken it because that was the best they were going to get. Such a shitbag organization. It’ll make this year’s NFL season fun as I have never wanted a team to fail so bad as I do now, outside of Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Cbsooner View Post
                                                                                        Is this how it ends for Mayfield? The royally fucked him over. Whatever Carolina was offering them they should’ve taken it because that was the best they were going to get. Such a shitbag organization. It’ll make this year’s NFL season fun as I have never wanted a team to fail so bad as I do now, outside of Texas
                                                                                        Cleveland is going to cut him and pay off the final year. He'll probably sign with whoever wants him for probably real cheap after that since he's getting 18 mil anyway. Seattle would be my guess but could be a few others teams.

Comment

did you see his games last year? did you see they signed him to a one-year deal

Comment

Originally posted by Cbsooner View Post
                                                                                            Is this how it ends for Mayfield?
                                                                                            of course not. unless he wants it to end. he's too good.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post

did you see his games last year? did you see they signed him to a one-year deal
                                                                                              Actually, yes, since we have the Sunday Ticket package. And 702 yards in four games, with a 1-2 record as a starter, doesn't exactly make me think he's the answer. If Seattle is stupid enough to reward that, then that's on them.

Comment

Actually, yes, since we have the Sunday Ticket package. And 702 yards in four games, with a 1-2 record as a starter, doesn't exactly make me think he's the answer. If Seattle is stupid enough to reward that, then that's on them.
                                                                                                I am happy you can provide your boyfriend with Sunday Ticket package. He is lucky guy.

Comment

I doubt a one-year deal means he's "the answer."

in very limited action, I thought he played great. better than any other backup I've seen in a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by BobStoopsReal View Post

I am happy you can provide your boyfriend with Sunday Ticket package. He is lucky guy.
                                                                                                    Well, don't be jealous, you big savage!

Comment

he'll get a 2 year deal on top of the free money CLE owes him.....there are a handful of teams that will reach out to him when he's unencumbered from his current situation

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1