Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grambling State set to hire ex-Baylor head coach Art Briles as offensive coordinator

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Art wasn't a self-serving piece of shit who believes he did nothing wrong in the face of all evidence to the contrary, he'd get an off the field analyst job at Nick Saban's School-For-Coaches-Who-Aren't-Coaches-Anymore-And-Wanna-Learn-To-Do-Other-Stuff-Good-Too for a couple of seasons and he might be able to finesse another job after showing the proper contrition (or any at all) and learning from the master how to do cover-ups the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by Clayboy View Post
      If Art wasn't a self-serving piece of shit who believes he did nothing wrong in the face of all evidence to the contrary, he'd get an off the field analyst job at Nick Saban's School-For-Coaches-Who-Aren't-Coaches-Anymore-And-Wanna-Learn-To-Do-Other-Stuff-Good-Too for a couple of seasons and he might be able to finesse another job after showing the proper contrition (or any at all) and learning from the master how to do cover-ups the right way.
      The term “self-serving piece of shit” doesn’t seem adequate for the HC who let the football team rape count reach 52….without doing anything to address it AND covered it up AND continue to let the rapist play.

Being realistic, Briles was the tip of the iceberg. 52 is systematic.

It takes a concerted effort by a large group of individuals across multiple organizations to get to 52 rapes. One individual acting alone cannot make 52 disappear. The entire Baylor system and Waco jurisdiction were involved.

Oh and….Anyone that thinks the Baylor culture has changed is kidding themselves. They’re just more disciplined in deciding what they can and cannot sweep under the rug. And likely employing the Bama method of cash payoffs to keep people quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

He had a good run.
        Never lost a game as a Grambling OC. How many coaches can say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Clayboy View Post
          If Art wasn't a self-serving piece of shit...
          *weren't

Comment

Originally posted by keef View Post

you know i'm only here to entertain myself...
            I’m only here for the quality insight, I use other sites to entertain myself…

I think at least one of us is doing the internet wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by tenaciOUs b View Post

I’m only here for the quality insight, I use other sites to entertain myself…

I think at least one of us is doing the internet wrong.
              What you do with Bert Vertables mom's facebook page is your own business.

Comment

siap ...

Gambling state?

Comment

Whitlock had a good take on this Tuesday. I tend to agree with him.
                  Last edited by KCRuf/Nek; 03-02-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

It seems like once the NCAA has declined to do anything and there are no civil or criminal cases, there should be a point where enough is enough. And yet I’d be grossed out if OU or a school my kid was attending hired him, so I guess I can’t expect anyone else’s fan base/students/parents to accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
                      Whitlock had a good take on this Tuesday. I tend to agree with him.

He also talks about Kyler Murray.
                      Live Free or Die!

Comment

Jason Whitlock. Pfft.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

His entire show Thursday was interviewing Briles. Great interview.

Last edited by KCRuf/Nek; 03-05-2022, 01:57 AM.

Comment

His entire show Thursday was interviewing Briles. Great interview.

Did Whitlock have a falling out with Clay Travis? I know they were friends and partners for a while.
                            Live Free or Die!

Comment

Did Whitlock have a falling out with Clay Travis? I know they were friends and partners for a while.
                              Supposedly it was over some financial things regarding a third partner in the business according to Fatlock. Travis denies that. Sometimes guys with huge egos just don't get along after a while despite having the same basic agenda.

Travis was masterful in becoming the Rush Limbaugh of sports to the point where he actually became Rush Limbaugh. Fatlock is kind of playing the role of Candice Owens in the grand scheme of things.

I can tolerate Fatlock's schtick and his angle but he like so many writers has taken unnecessary pot shots at OU.

Comment

Originally posted by StroudSooner View Post
                                Get your daughters off that campus!
                                I’m pretty confident none of my daughters would be anywhere near grambling. Well if I had any daughters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

Supposedly it was over some financial things regarding a third partner in the business according to Fatlock. Travis denies that. Sometimes guys with huge egos just don't get along after a while despite having the same basic agenda.

Travis was masterful in becoming the Rush Limbaugh of sports to the point where he actually became Rush Limbaugh. Fatlock is kind of playing the role of Candice Owens in the grand scheme of things.

I can tolerate Fatlock's schtick and his angle but he like so many writers has taken unnecessary pot shots at OU.
                                  I don’t see those comparisons. Travis is no Rush and Whitlock is far superior than Owens. I find that she’s a black wonan that doesn’t tie the line. Too often it sounds like parroting. I call her the black Hannity. At times I’m surprised this is the same Whitlock I used to read and listen to 20 years ago. I enjoy his takes and the fact that he still goes against the norm and isn’t afraid to speak out. Just as good is the group of guests he has on his show. Athletes. Entertainers. And of course people of faith. His show is driven by his faith but it’s not in your face. As always all of this is just my opinion and can be totally different from anyone else’s.

Comment

Used to love Whitlock when he was on Speak for Yourself schooling that worthless Cowherd... And back then he wasn't political at all. Talked about how he didn't follow it and didn't even vote. But it was amazing how often I agreed with him.

And fwiw, there's something I can't stand about Travis. So I'm not that surprised that partnership didn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoLab View Post
                                      Used to love Whitlock when he was on Speak for Yourself schooling that worthless Cowherd... And back then he wasn't political at all. Talked about how he didn't follow it and didn't even vote. But it was amazing how often I agreed with him.

And fwiw, there's something I can't stand about Travis. So I'm not that surprised that partnership didn't work out.
                                      He has still not voted. When he was on the radio here he was always starting the first. When he was writing for the Star he often was the race guy. TBH he was often right. He was also the guy that always threatened the bombshell truth/dirt that no one else would. He would proudly be the rebel and that usually got him in trouble. I can see him getting along better with Beck than Travis.

I’m one that doesn’t exactly get Travis either. Good for him building his “empire” and all but although he’s good to listen to it’s not anything that knicks me over. Does he still do sports?

Comment

Calling it a double standard would be like saying a human trafficker and a prostitute are doing the same thing….not exactly apples and oranges.

Comment

He has still not voted. When he was on the radio here he was always starting the first. When he was writing for the Star he often was the race guy. TBH he was often right. He was also the guy that always threatened the bombshell truth/dirt that no one else would. He would proudly be the rebel and that usually got him in trouble. I can see him getting along better with Beck than Travis.

I’m one that doesn’t exactly get Travis either. Good for him building his “empire” and all but although he’s good to listen to it’s not anything that knicks me over. Does he still do sports?
                                          Yes. Travis appears on Fox Sports frequently.
                                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

Yes. Travis appears on Fox Sports frequently.
                                            I know he has his own podcast but I’ve never listened to it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                            X
                                            UA-124223861-1