TBOW is moving on Up

Not bad... but Hell-Ay is still Hell-Ay

https://www.dirt.com/gallery/athlete...es-1203462291/

Buyer Lincoln & Caitlin Riley
    Location Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.
    Price$17.2 million
    Specs13,032 square feet, 7 bedrooms, 12 bathrooms
    Lot Size3.17 acres

Lincoln Riley has traded in his Stetson for a surfboard! The former Oklahoma football coach — now coldly referred to by many seemingly cast-aside fans as “TBOW,” or “That B—- Out West” — has officially decamped the Sooner State for the Golden State, having recently assumed the helm as the newest head football coach for the USC Trojans.

Riley, 38, led the Sooners for five seasons, from 2017-2021. During his tenure, the Texas native snagged four Big 12 titles and three appearances in the College Football Playoffs, and was named “Big 12 Coach of the Year” in 2018.

Now he’s not only switching up conferences, moving to the Pac-12, but Riley is also in the process of selling not one but two Oklahoma houses; and he’s already used some of the funds from what’s been widely reported as a hefty $110 million contract to scoop up a snazzy West Coast outpost south of Los Angeles, along the Palos Verdes Peninsula.

Property records show Riley — projected to be the highest-paid college football coach of the 2022 season, topping Alabama’s Nick Saban — doled out nearly $17.2 million for his newly acquired mansion, knocking a notable $2.4 million off the original $19.5 million asking price. Regarding his two former homes in the college town of Norman, Okla., one has already been sold and another is currently listed for just under $2 million.

As for the coach’s new L.A.-area home, the historic Spanish Revival-style residence is known as the “Roessler Estate,” and was the onetime home of Fred Roessler, the first mayor of Palos Verdes Estates. Built in the 1920s for Donald Lawyer, sales manager of the Palos Verdes Project, the original John Byers-designed property underwent an extensive reconstruction and expansion over three years, from 2003-2006, by its most recent owners, businessman Jose Colloza and his wife Brigitte, who worked with architect George Shaw of Edward Carson Beall & Associates to retain its classic style while incorporating modern luxuries.

Chris Adlam of Vista Sotheby’s International Realty served as the listing agent; Allie Joel Riley of Compass repped Riley.

Photo : Redfin

Nestled on gated, 3.17-acre bluff overlooking the ocean, in the affluent Palos Verdes Estates enclave, the stucco and terracotta-roof structure is fronted by a circular motorcourt, and then double Old World-style doors open to an enclosed courtyard crowned by a tiered fountain.

Once inside, seven bedrooms and 12 baths are spread across over 13,000 square feet of living space on two levels punctuated throughout with rich hardwood floors, wood-beam ceilings, custom murals, vintage light fixtures and seamless indoor-outdoor environs.

In addition to a 790-square-foot, one-bedroom detached guesthouse and five-car garage, other glitzy amenities include an elevator, seven fireplaces, a movie theater, tennis court, putting green, sauna and steam rooms, a 600-bottle wine room and a generator, plus picturesque ocean and coastline views from almost every vantage point.

Especially standing out are the home’s original dining room, living room and sunroom.

A sleekly-updated gourmet kitchen is outfitted with two islands, high-end stainless appliances and an adjacent breakfast nook that connects to a casual family room.

A winding wrought-iron staircase heads upstairs, where a sumptuous master retreat is decked out with a fireside seating area and custom showroom-style closet. A luxe spa-inspired bath boasts dual vanities, a soaking tub and glass-encased shower.

Scoring the go-ahead touchdown? The lush resort-like grounds, which feature an expansive terrace, a large grassy lawn, secret gardens, a pool and spa, several al fresco dining areas and an outdoor kitchen sporting a built-in barbecue.

See Our Take on Bohemian Style
    Sponsored By West Elm
    Design your space with an eye towards simple, understated, high-comfort elegance.
    See More

Comment

Can’t buy class

Comment

Not too shabby. Californ-y is a beautiful place, no doubt about it.

Comment

It’s what I called months ago. He will have a place in RPV close
          to a heliport and there’s a heliport on the usc campus.

Comment

Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post
            Exceptional, love the optics of that.

Comment

Nice mid-century dungeon interior.

Comment

Could you get him the number for Kobe's service?

Comment

Plenty of places to hide a mistress or two.

SPOILERor pool boy

Comment

Someone needs to explain to me why the fuck anyone needs a fireplace in So. Ca.. I spent 75% of my 24 years in the military in Ca. and not once did I feel the need to have a fire place in any of my homes. Must be one of those I gots to have it even if I don't need it features.

Comment

Nice place to go cry when Oregon whips his ass.

Comment

That is a stunning place. No question about it. It is probably even worth the $17 million, but holy hell that's a lot of money. That's more than 1 1/2 years of salary and a long term property tax thorn in his side. His $2m house in Norman was, what, a third of his yearly salary?

Comment

Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
                          That is a stunning place. No question about it. It is probably even worth the $17 million, but holy hell that's a lot of money. That's more than 1 1/2 years of salary and a long term property tax thorn in his side. His $2m house in Norman was, what, a third of his yearly salary?
                          It's all relative I guess. How many x our annual salary are our homes? He probably needs a small loan to re-do some of that interior though, woof.

Comment

College football has gone insane: $17 million palaces; $100 million contracts; helicopter commutes. On the bright side, it looks like "TBOW" has officially entered the lexicon.

Comment

Super nice house. The comparisons are funny though. Yeah, his Norman house didn’t look like that because he spent like 8x as much out there. Would’ve thought the old Muleshoe boy would like the ranch that $17M would buy you in Oklahoma, but some would say he’s changed a little.

45 minute commute to USC in the middle of the day. I’d check it at rush hour, but he better be working 16-hour days if he wants to go to a bowl with that team.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post
                                That’s still a $700k house in Cali, lol

Comment

He can just take the 110 to campus. Should only take about 45. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCer2e0t8r8

Comment

Riley’s net worth somewhere around $20-30MM. That’s a lot damn money but not buying a $17MM money. Even if he pockets the full $110MM (50ish after tax) I don’t see any reasonable finance team saying that’s a good Riley, unless some rich donors for a private college agree to buy it for you.

Comment

For all those that remember Rockford Files, with Norman's own, his office was in Palos Verdes. Also, where Marineland was located. Tiger Woods' car wreck occurred driving down the hill from PVE,RPV, and Rolling Hills. I think it was on Crenshaw?

Comment

Which room does he do his spin class!!!!

Comment

Newbie got taken. I bought in that neighborhood and even looked at that house. I found something bigger and nicer with better views for a several $M less.

Comment

As I recall USC was going "to buy him a house". Question is, does USC own the house or TBOW?

Come and listen to my story about a man named Jed
                                            A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,
                                            And then one day he was shootin at some food,
                                            And up through the ground come a bubblin crude.

Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

Well the first thing you know ol Jed's a millionaire,
                                            The kinfolk said "Jed move away from there"
                                            Said "Californy is the place you ought to be"
                                            So they loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverly

Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars.

The Beverly Hillbillies

[Closing Theme:]

Well now it's time to say good bye to Jed and all his kin.
                                            And they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin in.
                                            You're all invited back next week to this locality
                                            To have a heapin helpin of their hospitality

Hillbilly that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

[Full version:]

(contains an extra verse before the last)

Come and listen to my story about a man named Jed
                                            A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,
                                            And then one day he was shootin at some food,
                                            And up through the ground come a bubblin crude.

Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

Well the first thing you know ol Jed's a millionaire,
                                            The kinfolk said "Jed move away from there"
                                            Said "Californy is the place you ought to be"
                                            So they loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverly

Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars.

Old Jed bought a mansion, lordy it was swank
                                            Next door neighbor's the president of the bank.
                                            Lotta folks complaining but the banker found no fault
                                            'Cause all Jed's millions, was a-sitting in the vault!

Redemption funds. Stocks and bonds.

Well now it's time to say good bye to Jed and all his kin.
                                            And they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin in.
                                            You're all invited back next week to this locality
                                            To have a heapin helpin of their hospitality

Hillbilly that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

source: https://lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/...ieslyrics.html

Comment

I hope he gets locked in the sauna.

Comment

I can totally see why his little family would need 13,000 square feet of living space and 7 bedrooms. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Plano78 View Post
                                                  As I recall USC was going "to buy him a house". Question is, does USC own the house or TBOW?

Pretty sure they named a $ amount - something like $6MM?? I saw that somewhere on the innerwebs...
                                                  https://www.heartlandcollegesports.c...t%20Hefner%20V.

So he's paying $11MM.

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post
                                                    I can totally see why his little family would need 13,000 square feet of living space and 7 bedrooms. LOL.
                                                    He's gotta put his money somewhere. It's his to spend, so I don't begrudge him (or anyone else) who buys something like that. Now, should he be making enough money to buy it? That's a whole nother topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post
                                                      I don't think fans of St Bob should be throwing such stones. His little place is 17K sq ft!

Comment

Originally posted by sooneron View Post

Pretty sure they named a $ amount - something like $6MM?? I saw that somewhere on the innerwebs...
                                                        https://www.heartlandcollegesports.c...t%20Hefner%20V.

So he's paying $11MM.
                                                        None of the info about his houses was accurate. He bought this with his money and USC didn’t buy either of his homes in Norman. They had both houses sold to the same person but it fell through. Have the big one sold and getting close on the smaller one.

Comment

Did anyone else see that sweet outdoor cooking set up and feel sorry for the meat that will be tortured there ?
                                                          Stan

Comment

It's hard to believe any sane grown up would leave Norman for a place like that..Definitely a step down in status. His parents are probably ashamed to let anyone know he's their son.

Comment

The interior décor is atrocious, and yes I typed this with my pinky finger up.

Comment

The outdoor spaces are really nice. Everything else looks like it came from 1975. He could have done a lot better in that price range.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

Could you get him the number for Kobe's service?
                                                                  Harsh... even for this douche...

Comment

Originally posted by echo101 View Post
                                                                    It's hard to believe any sane grown up would leave Norman for a place like that..Definitely a step down in status. His parents are probably ashamed to let anyone know he's their son.
                                                                    maybe so...it's a very nice place but there are a lot of nicer placers (in my mind) vs california...

Comment

Thank God. The other 85 Riley pants pissing threads were getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post

He's gotta put his money somewhere. It's his to spend, so I don't begrudge him (or anyone else) who buys something like that. Now, should he be making enough money to buy it? That's a whole nother topic.
                                                                        I'm not begrudging him anything. everyone should feel free to buy whatever they want, no matter how ridiculous other people might view it. I hope to be rich someday. But if that happens, I hope I don't spend that much money on a house that could provide living space for 15 people when it's just me and my wife. I'd rather have a really nice smaller house with a yacht. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by DoDSooner View Post

Harsh... even for this douche...
                                                                          I'm an acquired taste.

Comment

seems like he owes Bob and the state of Oklahoma a kickback.

Comment

#39

Comment

#40
                                                                                He needs to name the west wing after Baker and the east after Kyler and Jalen.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  He bought the house because he fell in love with the "primary" bedroom and "primary bathroom." Not the SLAVEMASTER bedroom and SLAVEMASTER bathroom.

It is unbelievable that the real estate industry (fueled by the dipshits at HGTV) have started literally dumping the long-held term, "master bedroom," for "primary" or "main" bedroom. That's actually a thing now. What kind of dingaling actually thought "master" was offensive? Goodness gracious.

On a lighter note, the house will have a stand-up shower. He will no longer have to lay down to take a shower. Plus, an eat-in kitchen. Previously, you could not actually eat in your kitchen.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Fun fact: Palos Verdes Estates was a sundown town until 1968. I mean, I didn't expect TBOW to live anywhere near campus, but he managed to find the least diverse place in all of LA County.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Im sure he was thinking about his kids when he bought it. Its all about them. He probably saw it on a Sunday and bought it 2 hours later.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Palos Verdes is beautiful, no doubt about it.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Dr. X View Post
                                                                                          The interior décor is atrocious, and yes I typed this with my pinky finger up.

Originally posted by auto View Post

This reminds me of stuff I've seen on "My Lottery Dream Home."

Comment

#46
                                                                                            The Palos Verdes peninsula is one of the most seismically active areas in Southern California.

With a little bit of luck . . .

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post
                                                                                              seems like he owes Bob and the state of Oklahoma a kickback.
                                                                                              Bob and the state of Oklahoma owes him a asskick.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by novasooner View Post
                                                                                                Fun fact: Palos Verdes Estates was a sundown town until 1968. I mean, I didn't expect TBOW to live anywhere near campus, but he managed to find the least diverse place in all of LA County.
                                                                                                Where would you live - South Central?

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  12 bathrooms…because he’s that full of shit.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Trip View Post

This reminds me of stuff I've seen on "My Lottery Dream Home."
                                                                                                    I keep expecting Zorro the Gay Blade to leap out from behind a curtain.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1