First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Players you wanted to have nfl success, but didn't

Seeing some of the trades in the NFL got me thinking about players who I wished to have success, and had a reasonably good chance to do so, but it didn't work out for them for whatever reasons. Some got hurt, some played for terrible teams, and others just didn't have much long term success. Bozworth was the first one to come to mind. Others? OU or not.

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
    Seeing some of the trades in the NFL got me thinking about players who I wished to have success, and had a reasonably good chance to do so, but it didn't work out for them for whatever reasons. Some got hurt, some played for terrible teams, and others just didn't have much long term success. Bozworth was the first one to come to mind. Others? OU or not.
    Speak for GA.

They all have been pretty good.

To the point, glad Stafford, as good as he has been in his career, win a SB this year.

Far as bad? I refer to Bama. Let them reminisce

Comment

Pollack? DJ Shockley?

I'd say for OU Boz, Demond Parker, Bradford, Broyles, and so far Mayfield.

Comment

Billy always comes to mind. Although he excelled when he did play there’s always what could have been. Maybe you could put Bo in that category but his what if may fit better in baseball.

Here we always think of Joe Delaney. Even with those shit teams we had he was such a bright light.

Comment

Macus Dupree

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ern View Post
            Pollack? DJ Shockley?

Pollack>Shockley. But glad that’s only a small sample from GA.

Comment

Originally posted by SEC View Post

Pollack>Shockley. But glad that’s only a small sample from GA.
              Wasn’t the kid that tore up his knee playing beach football from Georgia?

Comment

Every player for the Washington Redskins

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post
                  Redskins

Comment

Comment

Rocky and Teddy

Comment

Just football? Lyman Bostock. Yordano Ventura. Len Bias. Jim Croce.

Comment

Pollack? DJ Shockley?

I thought Broyles would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

I went the the Bucs/Cowboys season opener last season and wore my Redskin gear with pride. I will cease to be a Redskin fan when my gear wears out. I will never pay another dime to Dan "the ass" Synder. You know the killing he made with these last two name changes. He gives Jews a bad name.

Comment

Rodney Anderson.

Comment

I went the the Bucs/Cowboys season opener last season and wore my Redskin gear with pride. I will cease to be a Redskin fan when my gear wears out. I will never pay another dime to Dan "the ass" Synder. You know the killing he made with these last two name changes. He gives Jews a bad name.
                                Sometimes there can be enough winning to offset the poor behavior. In his case there’s only been poor behavior. I don’t have the facts in front of me but some of the allegations sounded criminal. People like Donald Sterling and Marge Schott were run off. Why can’t they get rid of him? That must be a nightmare. We’ve been lucky here with Mr K, Mr Glass, and the Hunts. Even the Kings were run well. They just couldn’t find local money to buy the team.

Comment

Jim Croce.
                                  He couldn't save time in a bottle. So that's on him.

Comment

Justin Blackmon

Comment

Terry Tate

Comment

”Every OU player ever” - SoCaliPhaggot

Comment

Caleb Kelly
                                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

Mike Gaddis
                                            Live Free or Die!

Comment

Ryan Leaf. He was such a model citizen after his career. How could you not want a man of that kind of integrity to have success.

Comment

Just football? Lyman Bostock. Yordano Ventura. Len Bias. Jim Croce.
                                                Len Bias. I had not thought about him in a long time. Another along that line, though no fault of his own, was Hank Gathers.

Comment

Len Bias. I had not thought about him in a long time. Another along that line, though no fault of his own, was Hank Gathers.
                                                  Those teams were fun to watch. Westhead loved playing Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                                                    Mike Gaddis
                                                    Second to Dupree Gaddis will always be remembered as “what could have been” if he doesn’t blow out his knee. Non-contact at that. Against the turds down south at that. What a shame.

Comment

Michigan Towel Boy

Comment

I thought Mark Clayton was going to have a stellar career in the NFL. He played out of position most of his career and then when he ended up with the Rams they put him in the slot and he tore it up but then he got hurt and it was all over. I also thought Dan Cody was going to have a good career but he never even got started.

Comment

Stanley Wilson

Comment

Dupree is a good one, for sure.

Wishing Bradford wouldn't have gotten beaten down so much in those early years in StL.

Also, Dru Samia. Off the beaten path a bit but he couldn't pull off in the NFL anything close to his days at OU...and maybe he was a bit protected by how good the OU line was that Joe Moore year.

Comment

Joe Washington

Comment

Originally posted by Brick View Post
                                                                Dupree is a good one, for sure.

Wishing Bradford wouldn't have gotten beaten down so much in those early years in StL.

Also, Dru Samia. Off the beaten path a bit but he couldn't pull off in the NFL anything close to his days at OU...and maybe he was a bit protected by how good the OU line was that Joe Moore year.
                                                                Didn’t Sam have like a different coordinator a year for a long time? I couldn’t stand Fisher. Every year I’d hope he was happy and healthy and Wendy see the old Sam. I think he also tried making throws that weren’t there and would press.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahSooner83 View Post
                                                                  Joe Washington
                                                                  Like Pruitt, he didn’t have a star studded career but did have a pretty good one. He made his teams better. I loved that catch he made in the SB. His MNF for the Colts was fantastic.

Comment

Only the ones playing for the Eagles.

Comment

Second to Dupree Gaddis will always be remembered as “what could have been” if he doesn’t blow out his knee. Non-contact at that. Against the turds down south at that. What a shame.
                                                                      Was it Texas? I thought it was orange aggy for some reason. Dupree blew his knee against them too didn't he?

Man, fuck Texas.

Comment

Billy always comes to mind. Although he excelled when he did play there’s always what could have been. Maybe you could put Bo in that category but his what if may fit better in baseball.

Here we always think of Joe Delaney. Even with those shit teams we had he was such a bright light.
                                                                        Isn’t Delaney the one who drowned trying to save a kid who was drowning? Or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

Was it Texas? I thought it was orange aggy for some reason. Dupree blew his knee against them too didn't he?

Man, fuck Texas.
                                                                          Texas. He was off to the races and on pace for 300+ yards.

Comment

Perine

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

Man, fuck Texas.
                                                                              It wasn’t a knee with Dupree, it was a helmet to helmet hit (Marcus initiated it).

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Texas. He was off to the races and on pace for 300+ yards.
                                                                                And a 2000 yard season

Comment

#41
                                                                                  And a 2000 yard season
                                                                                  I wonder what he is doing now. For that matter, I wonder what a lot of guys who played are doing now.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post

Isn’t Delaney the one who drowned trying to save a kid who was drowning? Or something like that?

yes

Comment

#43

I wonder what he is doing now. For that matter, I wonder what a lot of guys who played are doing now.
                                                                                      He dead.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Pollack? DJ Shockley?

Demond didn't get a fair shake with the Packers. He started one game, ran for 135 yards and two touchdowns. I actually talked with him by phone while he was in Green Bay. Apparently, he didn't get along with a coach. I don't remember if it was the head coach.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

Demond didn't get a fair shake with the Packers. He started one game, ran for 135 yards and two touchdowns. I actually talked with him by phone while he was in Green Bay. Apparently, he didn't get along with a coach. I don't remember if it was the head coach.
                                                                                          Man he was talented.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

He dead.
                                                                                            What? When? That stinks.

Comment

#47

What? When? That stinks.
                                                                                              50 years young

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...P/ParkDe00.htm

Played in 19 games over 2 seasons. 54 rushes for 5.0 ypc. Seems odd that besides the lions, no one else gave him a chance.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  I’d say Brett Farve. But he did good from lil’o Southern Miss.

However was a total fk up around the hood here.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post

Two kids. Despite not knowing how to swim. He was a reason to go out and watch that sorry ass team.

I think there’s a 30/30 about him.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1