Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cale Gundy said Jayden Gibson has been a surprise during spring ball. He's going to be a star.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post
      Cale Gundy said Jayden Gibson has been a surprise during spring ball. He's going to be a star.
      Imagine Mims with other outstanding WRs. Wease is due to come into his own and Darby was coming on strong before the injury and what hasn’t been said positive about Farooq Bowl Game. Caleb Williams is going to regret his decision.

Comment

I am most excited about a Lawrence / Bowman Safety duo. As much as I liked DYT and Fields as people, Lawrence and Bowman have a much higher ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post

Imagine Mims with other outstanding WRs. Wease is due to come into his own and Darby was coming on strong before the injury and what hasn’t been said positive about Farooq Bowl Game. Caleb Williams is going to regret his decision.
          regret..maybe or maybe not

Comment

It will no be because of the receivers, it will be because of the shitty OLine at SUC.

Comment

Originally posted by auto View Post

It will no be because of the receivers, it will be because of the shitty OLine at SUC.
              I'm not exactly sure why this narrative is out there that their O line sucks. They led the PAC in passing last year, they were third in total offense and they have pretty much the first team O line coming back intact.

They didn't win because their defense wasn't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

I'm not exactly sure why this narrative is out there that their O line sucks. They led the PAC in passing last year, they were third in total offense and they have pretty much the first team O line coming back intact.

I thought they were losing 3 starters...off of a 4-8 team who lost their last 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

Because it’s true. They weren’t very good. They were bad in 2020 and better in 2021 but still not very good. They are replacing 2-3 OL as well.

That said, riley will have their offense playing well and scoring points in the PAC. It’s the defense and ST that will hold them back.

Of course, we know when or if USC ever plays a tough, well coached defense, the offense will disappoint.

Comment

I thought this was the OU spring practice thread, not the USC O-line/QB/defense thread.

Y'all really need to get over USC. It's fucking pathetic.

Comment

Yep, just let it go ........ buy some tickets to the spring game and focus on the Sooners.

And I know its not easy .............. but hey, let it go

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                        I thought this was the OU spring practice thread, not the USC O-line/QB/defense thread.

Y'all really need to get over USC. It's fucking pathetic.
                        It is pretty bad lol I got sucked into it. I counted 1/3 posts the other day on the front page were USC/Riley posts. That is pretty lame.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5sr View Post

It is pretty bad lol I got sucked into it. I counted 1/3 posts the other day on the front page were USC/Riley posts. That is pretty lame.
                          Close the threads and move them to the trash heap. That’s what SF used to do with the obsessive Texas-everything posts in 2005. It’s almost like some of these battered fans are going to go full orange aggy— watching all of USC’s games this year hoping to see them lose whilst casually checking in on and hoping OU does well.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5sr View Post

I think they have four out of five starters back from last year. Ford, Vorhees, Neilin, and Monhiem.

And I only posted this to further aggravate Slyther and the Hermit.

Comment

Originally posted by really View Post

regret..maybe or maybe not
                              $7M is the belief

Comment

Saw an article that said Justin Harrington was spotted at practice.

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/...ahoma-practice

Comment

Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post
                                  Saw an article that said Justin Harrington was spotted at practice.

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/...ahoma-practice
                                  I said it when he signed. He just looked stiff and average on his juco film to me. Who knows

Comment

Originally posted by Section31 View Post

I said it when he signed. He just looked stiff and average on his juco film to me. Who knows
                                    Why were you checking out his junk on film?

While no DB poster is average, is there really anything wrong with being average.

Comment

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...-april-1st-3rd

Sourced Practice Notes | March 29th
                                      – Charlie S – Posted on: March 29, 2022

Picked up a few sourced notes from Monday’s practice…

***Secondary got their hands on a lot of balls. Eaton and Walker had picks off Evers and source believes Bowen

***Jovantae Barnes gets skinny in a hurry and broke some arm tackles also. ‘Kid is explosive and he’s a sponge…don’t have to tell him twice’.

***Ran some situational scrimmage stuff and trenches were pretty much a draw. Ethan Downs and Reggie Grimes had some moments over the right side of the OL

***McKade Mettauer put a few guys on their backs at guard. He’s gonna be the starter there and from the early returns, it sounds like OU may have upgraded.

***Gabriel was on target and in control but you can see the other guys behind him have work to do adjusting to the system. The rest of spring ball, summer, and fall camp will be vital for the backups.

***Intensity was high, there was some pushing and shoving after a couple plays. Players fighting for recognition and to stand out leads to high intensity, you have to love that.

***Key Lawrence was very vocal. Sounds like more leadership happening organically.

***Billy Bowman looked very comfortable, like he was made for safety in this new scheme. Bowman also looks ‘dangerous’ as a return man.

***Players not participating: C Andrew Raym, TE Carsten Groos, LS Kasey Kelleher, K Gavin Marshall

If you would like to read additional sourced notes, please check the Donor Board.

Comment

https://twitter.com/CareyAMurdock/status/

Comment

https://twitter.com/showw_3/status/

Comment

https://twitter.com/OU_Football/status/

Comment

https://twitter.com/BPrzybylo/status/

Comment

https://twitter.com/BPrzybylo/status/

Comment

It's amazing that a clean-living Christian guy like BV can seem coked up all the time. The energy truly is infectious.

Comment

Originally posted by novasooner View Post
                                                    It's amazing that a clean-living Christian guy like BV can seem coked up all the time. The energy truly is infectious.

Comment

Yeah, the USC/TBOW fascination seems like it should be a thing of the past. It's April, spring ball time, and BV is eradicating the Tech from this team. Can't imagine how a fan can't be excited about seeing a physical football team again.

Comment

How many years does Harrington have?-

Comment

Originally posted by REDREX View Post
                                                          How many years does Harrington have?-
                                                          I believe he’s on number 20. So based on the life expectancy tables, I’d say about 60 more.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoLab View Post
                                                            Yeah, the USC/TBOW fascination seems like it should be a thing of the past. It's April, spring ball time, and BV is eradicating the Tech from this team. Can't imagine how a fan can't be excited about seeing a physical football team again.
                                                            There is a Hot Fat Girl thread floating around here that needs to die a horrible death. I'm thinking putting the USC/TBOW discussion there should kill off both discussions nicely.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post
                                                                Anyone else have a feeling we have a LOT of untapped talent on this roster and that this staff might be just what they need? I'm starting to get excited that might just be the case. Looks like a lot of long, athletic dudes with size...

Comment

Originally posted by Section31 View Post

Anyone else have a feeling we have a LOT of untapped talent on this roster and that this staff might be just what they need? I'm starting to get excited that might just be the case. Looks like a lot of long, athletic dudes with size...
                                                                  John Blake had a lot of untapped talent on his rosters. Just couldn't get it to work. Bob came in, installed discipline, put people in the right places, and BOOM: We're playing Oklahoma Football again.
                                                                  We haven't been at the Blake years level, thankfully, but it seems like a similar work is being done now. Hopefully the results will be even better.

Comment

I dunno about regret his decision, but he will NEVER in his college career have a moment like he had against Texas. That game, the next 2 weeks ater it, that energy will never be duplicated for him at usc

He will also probably never have a mass crowd chanting his name again.

But he has a bunch of money. He could've made some at OU but probably not as much

Comment

Kids dont regret decisions...aloud. No one will ever know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasooner View Post

I dunno about regret his decision, but he will NEVER in his college career have a moment like he had against Texas. That game, the next 2 weeks ater it, that energy will never be duplicated for him at usc

But he has a bunch of money. He could've made some at OU but probably not as much
                                                                        I get the feeling CW has already reached his peak and will end up like Trevor Knight.. a lot of hype but the production won’t match it
                                                                        BOOMER!

Comment

Coach Valai looks shredded.
                                                                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

Where can I buy that top he’s wearing?

Comment

That “top”????

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

I was thinking the same. Put a helmet and pads on that dude and let him hit

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

That “top”????
                                                                                  You know, the blouse.

Comment

Yes about the money— $7M is the word— probably no regrets hitting the lottery but may not have the success he would have had here

Comment

Well to be honest, due to the rule changes, most kicks now go into the endzone. So if ur starting 5 yards back, you gotta go 25yds to make it to the 20.

And how many returns are ever for 25yds or more? Not a ton.

So really it's better to fair catch more often than not.
                                                                                      You're absolutely right. I love how most average football fans and OU beat writers just miss this point. They even said as much last year - they did a statistical analysis on our average starting position and you have to factor in injuries as well. In addition to this, you have to look at how good we are at blocking and how well the defense is playing. You combine these variables and fair catching (unless we were behind) was the right strategy for last years team (and probably this years team).

Comment

Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                                                                                        https://twitter.com/showw_3/status/
                                                                                        Well, I hope he gets a good English tutor.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

Meh. He's got a 6 pack, but I got a fucking keg.

Comment

Plant Fitness

Comment

Originally posted by soonerquest View Post

Yes about the money— $7M is the word— probably no regrets hitting the lottery but may not have the success he would have had here
                                                                                              Well, take the money and go with the coach you are familiar with.

Or don't get the money and play for an all new staff

I agree with you that he may not have the success, but I can understand the decision basedd on those dynamics

Comment

I was at the TCU game when he was announced as the starter and the crowd reaction was up there with some big moments in actual games. No, he’s never getting that again. A shame that the guy he followed was already checked out and kept him from going to NYC on half of a true freshman season.

Comment

Originally posted by OUspin View Post

You're absolutely right. I love how most average football fans and OU beat writers just miss this point. They even said as much last year - they did a statistical analysis on our average starting position and you have to factor in injuries as well. In addition to this, you have to look at how good we are at blocking and how well the defense is playing. You combine these variables and fair catching (unless we were behind) was the right strategy for last years team (and probably this years team).
                                                                                                  When you have the talent advantage OU has in 11 games a season, you can block KRs well enough to come out pretty far ahead, if you care to. Riley didn’t care to. Practice hours are limited and not everything can be a priority, so that’s fine if you make that call—but then you can’t let guys get blown up at the 10 and go back out to do it again in the same game. Make the strategy clear to the players and demand some discipline.

Comment

Can we please discuss usc/riley/caleb shit somewhere else? Preferably on a usc board? WTF is wrong with you guys anyhow? Complete obsession. Bunch of fucking aggy going on in here.

Comment

I just tried to buy tickets to the spring game. Can anyone direct an old man to a link ?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1