First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 NFL Draft

The 2022 NFL Draft is a couple of weeks away and PFF has about the best mock simulator IMO.

Ran a few and the consensus is:

51. Nik Bonitto - Eagles
    70. Brian Asamoah - Panthers
    78. Perrion Winfrey - Browns (boo)
    123. Marquis Hayes - Chargers
    159. Isiah Thomas - Colts (Great team for him to develop as he should have)
    242. Tyrese Robinson - Panthers
    245. Kennedy Brooks - Texans
    254. Erik Swenson - Chargers

Other Notables:

1. 1st overall Kyle Hamilton - S - ND - Jacksonville
    32. 1st QB is Sam Howell at Recruiting to Lions
    34. Dax Hill to Lions
    145. Charlie Kolar - Denver (That kid continues to haunt me)
    168. Grant Calcaterra - Bills (Hope for him to stay healthy)
    217. Charleston Rambo - Lions (yikes!)
    237. TJ Pledger - Saints

1st overall pick is a safety? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
      The 2022 NFL Draft is a couple of weeks away and PFF has about the best mock simulator IMO.

51. Nik Bonitto - Eagles

Other Notables:

34. Dax Hill to Lions
      237. TJ Pledger - Saints

No QB taken until 32?

I don't see Jeremiah Hall on your list. Free agent?
      Live Free or Die!

Comment

Would be shocked if any team used a draft pick for Swenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangejello Jones View Post
          1st overall pick is a safety? No way.
          Projected 4 players on our defense. Talent was not the reason Tulane walked all over our asses. So glad dumb and dumber are gone out west.

Comment

51. Nik Bonitto - Eagles

Other Notables:

34. Dax Hill to Lions
            237. TJ Pledger - Saints

I don’t see Erik Swenson being drafted if they watched any game film at all.

First QB will not be at 32, and will not be Sam Howell… although 32 is probably about where Howell will go.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW View Post
              Would be shocked if any team used a draft pick for Swenson.
              254 is getting close to Mr Irrelevant - that would be cool

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

I don’t see Erik Swenson being drafted if they watched any game film at all.

First QB will not be at 32, and will not be Sam Howell… although 32 is probably about where Howell will go.
                It's a weird year.

I saw some other draft where there were like 4 QB's in the first round and the kid from Liberty was Uncategorized Groups

Comment

Swenson - no. Signed to a practice squad is a stretch IMO.
                  KB might be out too, but he's got a shot at making a team.

We're probably looking at getting 5 drafted.

Comment

Comment

In Vegas currently for the draft. It’s gonna be a fun one / shit show. It’s absolutely packed.

Comment

Apparently Travon Walker is gonna be the first pick.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
                          Apparently Travon Walker is gonna be the first pick.
                          I know it’s a “weak” draft but I never saw that coming. We were in this spot when we had the one one. You want to make sure you get something solid cuz no one will trade. We got 8 seasons out of Eric Fisher. Good player. Good guy. Teammate. Took care of Alex and Pat. Pro bowls. Super Bowl. When he got hurt that started the crazy OL issues that cost us another. I didn’t even think Walker was the best guy on his own team.

I’d probably take the kid from Michigan. He kind of has that Bosa/Watt thing going. Both Bosas have spent enough time in our backfield they need numbers in the 20’s.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

I know it’s a “weak” draft but I never saw that coming. We were in this spot when we had the one one. You want to make sure you get something solid cuz no one will trade. We got 8 seasons out of Eric Fisher. Good player. Good guy. Teammate. Took care of Alex and Pat. Pro bowls. Super Bowl. When he got hurt that started the crazy OL issues that cost us another. I didn’t even think Walker was the best guy on his own team.

I’d probably take the kid from Michigan. He kind of has that Bosa/Watt thing going. Both Bosas have spent enough time in our backfield they need numbers in the 20’s.
                            There are so many factors, such as not having to pay a lineman like Fisher hundreds of millions over the years like a skill player.

and yea, didn't see that one coming either.

Most OU guys look like they will be sliding down into the 3 and 4

Comment

The draft really snuck up on me this year. At least around here, it seems like the least amount of hype for a draft that I can remember. Let's see if the Cowboys can find a way not to screw it up.

Most people assume they'll go OL or WR in the first round. Kenyon Green from A&M, Zion Johnson OL from Boston College and Treylon Burks, WR from Arkansas are some of the names you're hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post
                                The draft really snuck up on me this year. At least around here, it seems like the least amount of hype for a draft that I can remember. Let's see if the Cowboys can find a way not to screw it up.

Most people assume they'll go OL or WR in the first round. Kenyon Green from A&M, Zion Johnson OL from Boston College and Treylon Burks, WR from Arkansas are some of the names you're hearing.
                                Twitter is afraid they'll take the Tulsa OT.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

Twitter is afraid they'll take the Tulsa OT.
                                  Yeah, that's another possibility, especially if those other two OL are gone. I don't know much about him, other than just reading a few things that say he can play both G and T, and is a bit raw but has plenty of upside. And he supposedly has a nasty streak. But fans are saying they don't want him?

Comment

Yeah, that's another possibility, especially if those other two OL are gone. I don't know much about him, other than just reading a few things that say he can play both G and T, and is a bit raw but has plenty of upside. And he supposedly has a nasty streak. But fans are saying they don't want him?

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

Hmm. It does sound like he's more of a project than some of the other OL. And the Cowboys need someone who can come in and play now. The more I hear about Burks, the WR from Arkansas, the more I like him. People are comparing him to a young Deebo Samuel. Similar size and physical play. Of course it'd be nice if they actually got Deebo Samuel who may be dealt tonight. Or it'd be nice if Jameson Williams fell to them, although that's unlikely.

And they definitely need a WR since now it sounds like Gallup is going to miss more time than originally thought. I still wish they could have brought back Cedrick Wilson.

Comment

I’m about to head down there, mainly because Weezer is the concert tonight, and should be fantastic people watching.

Comment

Which rounds are we expecting to hear some Sooners names called?

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post
                                            Which rounds are we expecting to hear some Sooners names called?
                                            Yikes.

Winfrey helped himself quite a bit at Senior Bowl but is still considered inconsistent.

None really seperated themslves when they had a chance.

Mid 2nd round for Perrion?

Nik "might" go in 2nd late.

Asamoah likeky 3rd mid and maybe 4th because of his undersized and doesn't have the speed to make up for it.

Hayes and Robinson solid 5th or 6th rounders

The rest late or UDFA

Comment

Yikes.

Winfrey helped himself quite a bit at Senior Bowl but is still considered inconsistent.

None really seperated themslves when they had a chance.

Mid 2nd round for Perrion?

Nik "might" go in 2nd late.

Asamoah likeky 3rd mid and maybe 4th because of his undersized and doesn't have the speed to make up for it.

Hayes and Robinson solid 5th or 6th rounders

The rest late or UDFA
                                              So then the question comes: How many of the early departees would've been better off staying one more year?

Comment

PFF has always absolutely loved Bonitto. Look at the names they've got him ranked among..

Comment

PFF has always absolutely loved Bonitto. Look at the names they've got him ranked among..

Also, I'll spare everyone another Alex Grinch rant, but seriously, WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. X View Post

So then the question comes: How many of the early departees would've been better off staying one more year?
                                                    I don’t know where Bonitto fits in another system or what more he could show. Winfrey might’ve been a top 15-20 pick if he had stayed, but from what local beat guys imply, maybe his strengths don’t include keeping his head down and staying eligible. In that case (and with this staff) he has to take the money and run. Asamoah could’ve benefited enormously but then I think Ugwoegbu or White or both would have to portal out.

The OL desperately needed a year of Schmitty and a ton of zone run blocking.

Comment

Originally posted by AppySooner View Post

I don’t know where Bonitto fits in another system or what more he could show. Winfrey might’ve been a top 15-20 pick if he had stayed, but from what local beat guys imply, maybe his strengths don’t include keeping his head down and staying eligible. In that case (and with this staff) he has to take the money and run. Asamoah could’ve benefited enormously but then I think Ugwoegbu or White or both would have to portal out.

The OL desperately needed a year of Schmitty and a ton of zone run blocking.
                                                      A lot of those guys were in college for 4 or 5 years too. They had the covid option to stay another year but at the age for 21-22-23 you spent enough time in college.

Comment

I CAN WAIT TILL THIS SHITSHOW STARTS!!!

Comment

Is it me or is this the most underwhelming draft class ever? I don't know any one of these people except our guys.

Comment

Only 2 Longhorns projected to be drafted. Dicker the kicker and a DB who MIGHT go in the 6th or 7th round. It’s amazing the lack of draft picks they’ve put out in the last decade. And hilarious.

A couple of other guys could go late but likely UDFAs.

Comment

it kills me these teams that have the number one pick in the draft and yet they take almost the full time limit to make their "fooking" pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Free Electron View Post
                                                                Is it me or is this the most underwhelming draft class ever? I don't know any one of these people except our guys.
                                                                It's a bad year for QB, RB, WR. But OL, DL, DB seems pretty deep.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerdad53 View Post
                                                                  it kills me these teams that have the number one pick in the draft and yet they take almost the full time limit to make their "fooking" pick.
                                                                  Probably using the time to see if some other team will make them some fantastic offer.

Comment

The first pick of the draft was a guy that had 37 tackles last year and only 6 sacks. He did show some promise but he probably wasn't even the best player on that line for Georgia.

Comment

Top 5 picks all on defense.

Comment

Remember when early mock drafts were torn between Thibadeaux and Rattler at 1 and 2. Lol. I thought it was ridiculous then.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerBurglar View Post

Probably using the time to see if some other team will make them some fantastic offer.
                                                                          Probably, but the fact is if you don't have a fantastic offer for it by now then you aren't going to get one. just make your pick and get this show on the road.

Comment

As much time and agonizing as teams do over these draft evaluations, this should be a lot more of an exact science.

Comment

#39
                                                                              This shit is unwatchable. Back to baseball.

Comment

#40
                                                                                I don't keep up with this shit anymore but in a bar and the draft is on the TV. Is Thibodaux related to ours? If so, did we recruit him?

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Landburglar View Post
                                                                                  I don't keep up with this shit anymore but in a bar and the draft is on the TV. Is Thibodaux related to ours? If so, did we recruit him?
                                                                                  No relation. At least not that I know of.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Huge L for the Falcons. What an awful pick.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Damn. I don’t like seeing the Eagles get Jordan Davis.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        I'm just not use to watching a draft where Tampa Bay picks so damn late.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          This draft sucks

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Wow, Hollywood traded to the Cardinals. Back with Murray.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Kyler to Hollywood will be fun.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                At least it's fast

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  The Cards replace Kirk with Brown. That's an upgrade.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    AJ Brown to the Eagles. They are trying to help Jalen Hurts as much as they can.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1