• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asamoah to the Vikings.

Winfrey is about to go any pick now.

Comment

Originally posted by LongarLongar View Post
      1. The draft in person, in Vegas, is awesome.

b. Weezer is a damn fun show.

Tomorrow night is Ice Cube…should be even more fun.
      Good to hear!

Comment

Titans get Malik Willis. That could be a great pick for them.

Comment

Panthers take Matt Corral. Not sure what the means for the Baker stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
            Not good very bad

Comment

Looking back towards Seattle, Drew Lock sucks. I've watched more Broncos games than I've led on, rooting against them. Seattle doesn't have a starting QB. Baker is a starting QB before the labrum injury, and he'll be 100%. Davis Mills is also worse than Baker in Houston, and this is STILL not a QB-rich league.
              Last edited by SoonerMagick; 04-29-2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

What did Winfrey do in the last three days to get all the GMs against him?

saw some mocks that said he’d slip into the first, now Asamoah is going before him

Comment

Originally posted by TheBorenSupremacy View Post
                  What did Winfrey do in the last three days to get all the GMs against him?

saw some mocks that said he’d slip into the first, now Asamoah is going before him
                  Teddy hit on this often, pad level and taken plays off, getting tossed around.

Ball out at senior bowl, but, there is still tape of last season that gets disected to the nth degree

Comment

Originally posted by DFWSooner View Post
                    Only 2 Longhorns projected to be drafted. Dicker the kicker and a DB who MIGHT go in the 6th or 7th round. It’s amazing the lack of draft picks they’ve put out in the last decade. And hilarious.

A couple of other guys could go late but likely UDFAs.
                    They haven't had a player drafted in the first round since Vince "Radio" Young.

Comment

Winfrey's tape is just so inconsistent. Asamoah and Nik Bonitto were pretty consistent.

Comment

Winfrey costs himself some coin by leaving early.

Comment

Also, Grinch wore Winfrey out by running him on and off the field for no damn reason.

Comment

the draft shows that lincoln recruiting was also lacking especially on defense .

Comment

Originally posted by Basel90 View Post
                              the draft shows that lincoln recruiting was also lacking especially on defense .
                              I think we will end up seeing just how bad he is as a coach and leader. All flash, smoke, and mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by bushmaster06 View Post

They haven't had a player drafted in the first round since Vince "Radio" Young.
                                I think Malcom Brown was drafted highly...

Comment

The more I listen about this pick the less I like it. Sounds like they could have taken Jermaine Johnson and then got an OL graded just as high as Smith in the 2nd round.

I just don’t like taking projects in the 1st round and he’s definitely a project. Who’ll need to start immediately.
                                  Exactly. Brian Broadus(?) is a former scout i follow on Twitter who follows Dallas....he had a 3rd round grade in him. He could be wrong of course and it sounds like other teams wanted him too but it speaks to the fact the guy is a flyer or a project, as you said.

Comment

Dallas drafting Bonitto would be amazing. He's basically a lighter version of Parsons.
                                    Bonito is not in Parsons' zip code.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post
                                      Winfrey costs himself some coin by leaving early.
                                      While true, at least Winfrey was a four year player who chose not to use his COVID year. There were some people who were saying he should/would come out after the '20 season.

But you are right. He is probably a for sure second rounder or better with another year at OU.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner in SoCal View Post

Ball out at senior bowl, but, there is still tape of last season that gets disected to the nth degree
                                        The only thing consistent about him is taking plays off.

And you are right. He tried to make up for it at the Senior Bowl, but too little too late.

If he was consistent, he would be a mirror of Jeffrey Simmons.

Comment

Originally posted by Basel90 View Post
                                          reading a Pittsburg forum about Riley's tampering with their wide receiver and this quote from one of their fans "Lincoln Riley obviously can not develop his own players. Once he had his own recruits Oklahoma wasn't as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner in SoCal View Post

I never noticed him taking plays off, but Teddy is the expert, in fact I was always impressed by his motor.

NFL teams pick bodies with poor form all the time, and if Winfrey has one thing, it's a body. Must've bombed interviews.

Comment

some of Winfrey's comments about the former coaches were less than favorable, when NFL teams went to talk to those coaches they probably didn't give him glowing reviews either

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

Bonito is not in Parsons' zip code.
                                                No he's not. But then again people were not thinking much of that pick a year ago. I'm not so sure about the pass rusher they took. He seemed to have some legal issues.

Comment

I never noticed him taking plays off, but Teddy is the expert, in fact I was always impressed by his motor.

NFL teams pick bodies with poor form all the time, and if Winfrey has one thing, it's a body. Must've bombed interviews.
                                                  I don't recall for sure but think it was the Tulane game, I saw him get lifted off his feet and put flat on his back..Other than that I thought he played okay

Comment

Originally posted by soonerBAS View Post
                                                    some of Winfrey's comments about the former coaches were less than favorable, when NFL teams went to talk to those coaches they probably didn't give him glowing reviews either
                                                    This is what I'm thinking. If the NFL people interviewed Riley, Grinch and / or his position coach, they may not have had good things to say.
                                                    Live Free or Die!

Comment

Meh, I expected Winfrey to go mid 3rd round to early 4th round. It’s not like he’s slipped…yet.

I expected Asamoah and Bonitto to go about the (same mid 3rd to mid 4th round)..so those two went a little Sooner than I expected.

I figure Isaiah Thomas for an 4th rounder.

Brooks’ lack of speed will have him late round if at all. I think he’ll do well with the right team, but his patience might hinder him in the super fast NFL.

Marquise Hayes, I think will be a late round if at all.

As much as I like Jeremiah Hall, probably won’t be drafted unless it’s super late. The rest, I expect to be UDFA.

Brkic…no idea. He’s a kicker..crapshoot, doesn’t matter, he’ll be an NFL kicker.

Overall…kind of like I expected so far.

Comment

No he's not. But then again people were not thinking much of that pick a year ago. I'm not so sure about the pass rusher they took. He seemed to have some legal issues.
                                                        What? I don't know that I heard anyone say Parsons was a bad choice.

Comment

I'm curious as to why QB Malik Willis didn't go until round 3. I heard that he was the last player taken that had a draft score of 90 or above. There must have been something that the teams didn't like that the draft experts missed or were not enough on the inside to know. Maybe it was the way he interviewed. He had to be a god at a school like Liberty (god, religious school, get it? nevermind), so I can't imagine bad feedback from coaches.

The other thing that could have happened was deliberate misinformation from the team's personnel staff. I know these media experts talk to those guys all the time trying to get the inside scoop and they could have hyped the guy to try to mislead other teams that they really wanted him when they really didn't. Pittsburgh comes to mind as every expert said they coveted Willis, but they chose Pickett instead.

Comment

Winfrey to the browns…

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post
                                                              Meh, I expected Winfrey to go mid 3rd round to early 4th round. It’s not like he’s slipped…yet.

I expected Asamoah and Bonitto to go about the (same mid 3rd to mid 4th round)..so those two went a little Sooner than I expected.

Brooks’ lack of speed will have him late round if at all. I think he’ll do well with the right team, but his patience might hinder him in the super fast NFL.

As much as I like Jeremiah Hall, probably won’t be drafted unless it’s super late. The rest, I expect to be UDFA.

Brkic…no idea. He’s a kicker..crapshoot, doesn’t matter, he’ll be an NFL kicker.

I'll quibble a bit here.

2nd round - even late - and 2nd player in 3rd round is a far cry from mid 4th round.

Every single place up the chain is leverage for the agent to get max contracts especially incentive laden ones.

Comment

The two biggest knocks on Winfrey is playing with a high pad level so he gives up leverage that could be used to be even more disruptive.

The second is that he loses track of the ball too often putting himself out of position to make a play and once he sees that, kind of shutting down. It looks like taking plays off but could just be his style.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

The two biggest knocks on Winfrey is playing with a high pad level so he gives up leverage that could be used to be even more disruptive.

The second is that he loses track of the ball too often putting himself out of position to make a play and once he sees that, kind of shutting down. It looks like taking plays off but could just be his style.
                                                                  The latter of the two is my biggest concern…feels like he massively underachieved because he often didn’t see the play until it was too,late. Not sure that’s fixable going to a league where things happen even faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

So…yea, early 4th round. Kind of where I expected he’d go. Hope he produces better in the NFL than he did in OU’s scheme.

Comment

Charlie Kolar drafted middle of the 4th round….glad we don’t have to defend that guy anymore.

Comment

Man, I can’t help but think all the defenders we’ve had drafted so far should’ve come back to school. I know injury is always a risk, but a year with good defensive coaching and a real strength program probably would’ve helped their stock. Also, the guys on the offensive side DEFINITELY needed to come back. Not sure what prompted Hayes, Robinson, and KB to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Balko View Post
                                                                          Also, Grinch wore Winfrey out by running him on and off the field for no damn reason.
                                                                          How do you wear out a 20 year old kid?

Comment

Turner-Yell to Denver

Comment

DTY rumored to Denver. Wondered if someone would take the chance. He’s not flashy but the defense was just way, way worse the moment he came off the field.

Comment

It's the middle of the 5th round and Texas hasn't had one player drafted yet. I'm just saying

Comment

Turner-Yell to Denver
                                                                                  That surprised me a bit. But, happy for him. Hope he does well…

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

That way.

Comment

As if he’s your normal 20 year old kid

Comment

Get that 20 year old hooked up with a chubby 35 year old mother of four

Comment

I'd select the blonde.

Comment

Hayes and Robinson are still on the board in the 6th. Those two made a mistake. They needed to play under the new scheme and participate in some legit strength and conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by RIP CLAYBOURNE View Post
                                                                                              It's the middle of the 5th round and Texas hasn't had one player drafted yet. I'm just saying
                                                                                              If they don’t have anyone picked, it’ll be the 2nd time in 9 years that will have happened. That’s unbelievable. Surely somebody will take Dicker. I believe he’s the top rated kicker in the draft. Or near the top.

Comment

Calcaterra to the sorry ass Eagles.

Comment

Mike Woods to Cleveland.

Comment

Wow, didn't see Woods getting drafted. Good for him.

Comment

Looks like Kennedy Brooks ain't getting drafted.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1