Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spencer Rattler article on ESPN about Lincoln Riley.

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

You gotta understand 31 has a daughter who played softball. That kind of makes him an expert on everything?
    Hahaha. I never said anyone was completely wrong or stupid...I just always wondered why I never remembered tiring AND, more importantly, how the offensive linemen who RARELY ever sub, aren't tired, but the 4-6 dudes rushing them - who get rotated, are tired.

As far as softball, I've forgotten more than you'll ever know about that game...I'm not sure why that hurts your feelings so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermit View Post
      I totally reject the idea that Riley was " distracted ' this past season.
      I don’t. I’ve never seen anybody with even a two week’s notice give it their all. This dude was planning on leaving OU high and dry. I’ll bet he planned on trying to steal a lot more recruits and existing players just based on how I’ve seen everything play out.

He hit the reset button on his career. Anything short of a National Title in 2021 was going to reflect poorly on him given the roster talent and experience. Instead of being the goat, he got to go be the hero again.

Guy mailed it in all year long. Best thing he did all year long was to cover his tracks. Nobody to a single man knew he would go to USC. Nobody outside of his cronies who left with him, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomerBilly View Post
        Rattler hasn’t shown the ability to read defenses and make quick decisions. He does throw accurate passes and has a very strong arm, but he doesn’t show much ability to escape pressure and move around the pockets.

I think he will be a good backup or low tier starting NFL QB. He can be a very good college QB, but not elite.

He was over rated coming out of high school.
        Hurts couldn’t make the reads either and we laughed when he got drafted. Everyone who didn’t impress under the old regime gets a clean slate as far as I’m concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Section31 View Post

Hahaha. I never said anyone was completely wrong or stupid...I just always wondered why I never remembered tiring AND, more importantly, how the offensive linemen who RARELY ever sub, aren't tired, but the 4-6 dudes rushing them - who get rotated, are tired.

As far as softball, I've forgotten more than you'll ever know about that game...I'm not sure why that hurts your feelings so much.
          Hurt my feelings? Heh. You’re funny.

Comment

Hurt my feelings? Heh. You’re funny.
            You brought it up in a football thread, so it MUST have triggered you. I'm shocked you haven't brought up some sort of correlation between me understanding how to process an array in .NET as indication I "know everything".

Anyway, carry on...

Comment

You brought it up in a football thread, so it MUST have triggered you. I'm shocked you haven't brought up some sort of correlation between me understanding how to process an array in .NET as indication I "know everything".

Anyway, carry on...
              Remind Me again who’s triggered?

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post
                Best thing he did all year long was to cover his tracks. Nobody to a single man knew he would go to USC. Nobody outside of his cronies who left with him, that is.
                Credit where it's due: he's rather adept at being a lying double-dealing cocksucker. Mad props.

Comment

Remind Me again who’s triggered?
                  I mean, you brought up a discussion you were out of your league in several weeks back in a thread that didn't have anything to do with said ownage...you tell me? I'd forgotten about how silly you were back then until you brought it up. If you NEED me to remind you, you're acting out the definition of "triggered". You're welcome.

Comment

I mean, you brought up a discussion you were out of your league in several weeks back in a thread that didn't have anything to do with said ownage...you tell me? I'd forgotten about how silly you were back then until you brought it up. If you NEED me to remind you, you're acting out the definition of "triggered". You're welcome.
                    If you say so. I don't have any daughters...and certainly none that played D-3 softball. Hell, my best athlete passed on an offer to kick at East Central.

You take yourself far too seriously friend. 20 years from now you'll still be living vicariously through your daughter's exploits on the softball field. You ooze it with every post on pretty much every topic. It's cool though. I mean I get it. Your daughter played at a level higher than about 98.9% of kids play to. I ain't bagging on you, just fucking with you and trying to get you to lighten up with the "I'm the motherfucking end all expert on softball/life/etc." That's all.

Who loves you? I do.

Comment

And let me predict...your next post will be correcting me on the league/level of your daughter's softball exploits. That's how you roll.

Comment

Adding to the OP:

https://sports.yahoo.com/sooners-dl-...fQ4HRAX4Ots1b9

Sooners DL Isaiah Thomas sounds off on Lincoln Riley’s departure for USC

Much has been said since Lincoln Riley left the Oklahoma Sooners to take the head coaching job at USC. Several former and current Sooners have voiced their feelings on the move, with many of them doubting that Riley, according to him, made the decision in the span of 12 hours.

Now in South Carolina, Austin Stogner and Spencer Rattler have made it clear that they don’t look back on the 2021 season fondly with Rattler calling it “toxic” and Stogner doubting the truthfulness of Riley’s words.

Future NFL draft pick and former Sooners defensive lineman Isaiah Thomas recently gave his perspective on the Riley departure on Fox Sports Analyst RJ Young’s “The Number One Ranked Show.”

You can find the entire interview linked above, but here is what Thomas said on Lincoln Riley’s exit:

https://twitter.com/RJ_Young/status/

Thomas says that the football team was called in for a 2 p.m. meeting, which was odd because they typically didn’t have team meetings after a game. While in the parking lot prior to going inside for the meeting, Thomas got a phone call from a “reliable source.” That source told Thomas that his coach would be leaving for USC.

Much like every Sooners fan on the planet, he didn’t believe it when he first heard it. Then Riley came in to talk to the team.

Thomas says in the interview that he’s not mad at Lincoln Riley for leaving. He understands the reality that college football is a business and that the opening at USC was a good opportunity.

The thing that Thomas has a problem with is how Riley left the Sooners. Thomas felt like the way Riley left just wasn’t “him.”

“It’s just how he left, not because he left. Riley always stood on the table for me. Always had my back,” Thomas told Young. “I specifically remember many team meetings where he’d point me out specifically… He’d always use me as an example in a positive way. So it was just mind-boggling how he left knowing the type of guy he was.”

It sounds like Thomas didn’t buy the “phone call after the game and slept on it” story that Riley gave the team in a five-minute speech. Yes, five minutes. Lincoln Riley gave his players nothing more than a five-minute talk and then left the room.

Comment

If you say so. I don't have any daughters...and certainly none that played D-3 softball. Hell, my best athlete passed on an offer to kick at East Central.

You take yourself far too seriously friend. 20 years from now you'll still be living vicariously through your daughter's exploits on the softball field. You ooze it with every post on pretty much every topic. It's cool though. I mean I get it. Your daughter played at a level higher than about 98.9% of kids play to. I ain't bagging on you, just fucking with you and trying to get you to lighten up with the "I'm the motherfucking end all expert on softball/life/etc." That's all.

Who loves you? I do.
                          Uh huh...THAT'S what you're doing. I give my opinion on subjects here and there, for sure. It's ironic that you'd describe MY posts that way...

Comment

Uh huh...THAT'S what you're doing. I give my opinion on subjects here and there, for sure. It's ironic that you'd describe MY posts that way...
                            I think the proper way to do this is to talk about what a bunch of idiots and boneheads the rest of us are and do descriptive takes on how stupid our threads and posts are.

You do that and you are golden.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

I think the proper way to do this is to talk about what a bunch of idiots and boneheads the rest of us are and do descriptive takes on how stupid our threads and posts are.

You do that and you are golden.
                              If that’s what you’re taking away, you’re doing it all wrong.

Have you ever said “dog” and someone hears “cat?” That’s you. Your take on me is so wrong I simply can’t help you get it.

Comment

Originally posted by WFSooner View Post

How hard is it to post the damn article?

Comment

NFL Draft: Spencer Rattler Makes his South Carolina Debut in Spring Game

In his first action as a Gamecock, Spencer Rattler showed why he is such an intriguing prospect, see more on his debut below.
                                  Spencer Rattler was widely believed to be the top quarterback selected in the 2022 NFL Draft coming into the 2021 season. After a disappointing season with the Sooners, Rattler opted to stay in college and enter the transfer portal. He found his home early in the process, deciding on the SEC East and South Carolina.

Fast forward to the Spring, and Rattler was in control of the starting position, building continuity with his teammates that would climax in the Spring Game. Although he only played in the first half, Rattler provided some positive moments and reminded everyone of his arm talent.

Rattler looked loose and athletic, rolling out on play-action and stretching the field with his arm and legs. One of Rattlers' biggest issues at Oklahoma was his decision-making and a lapse in throwing mechanics. Both looked much better, with Rattler posting an impressive 80% completion percentage on 8/10 of passing for 79 yards.

While it may have just been a spring game, Rattler looked the part and seemed comfortable in the new situation. It makes sense considering his sit-down interview with ESPN that debuted the day before the game. He stated, "It just feels good to be out of a toxic situation." While that may be Rattler stoking the fire, it reiterates his feelings about South Carolina. Rattler will be a must-watch in the fall, with his draft positioning hanging in the balance.
                                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                                    While it may have just been a spring game, Rattler looked the part and seemed comfortable in the new situation. It makes sense considering his sit-down interview with ESPN that debuted the day before the game. He stated, "It just feels good to be out of a toxic situation." While that may be Rattler stoking the fire, it reiterates his feelings about South Carolina. Rattler will be a must-watch in the fall, with his draft positioning hanging in the balance.
                                    I didn't watch the whole thing but I caught some highlights... Rattler looked pretty good, I thought the playcalling set him up to be successful. Quick passes with options out into the flat. He was never stuck back there in an eight-stop drop waiting for someone to break free at 30+ yards. I think he can be successful there. I wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                                      It sounds like Thomas didn’t buy the “phone call after the game and slept on it” story that Riley gave the team in a five-minute speech. Yes, five minutes. Lincoln Riley gave his players nothing more than a five-minute talk and then left the room.
                                      Wow... I once broke up with an ex that I didn't even like, and I stood there for at least 45 minutes until she stopped crying.

Not sure if Riley is a sociopath or just a piece of shit. Maybe... maybe both?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. X View Post
                                        Wow... I once broke up with an ex that I didn't even like, and I stood there for at least 45 minutes until she stopped crying.

Coward? He wasn't even going to talk to them until Stoops basically pushed him in there.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Coward? He wasn't even going to talk to them until Stoops basically pushed him in there.
                                          It's the kind of thing you do when you KNOW you're in the wrong for everyone but yourself...it's called embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Yeah, that's a pretty ultimate chickenshit move right there.

Credit to Bob for... well, basically being Bob.

Comment

So I wasn’t in the he meeting but I’m guessing his five minute farewell speech went something like this:
                                              ”Uhhhh, I decided this morning, cough, cough, I’m gonna move on to USC. Anyone here want follow me, well, you’re more than welcome to tag along. (four and a half minutes of silence as no one shows any interest in “tagging along”). Well.. bye.

Comment

Saying you didn’t learn from a coach that has recently produced 2 number 1 draft picks makes Rattler look stupid.

Riley wanted to leave Oklahoma for some reason and didn’t give his best effort in his final year. Prior to that his results were very good as offensive coordinator and head coach. Rattler should have learned something from him, but he can’t except responsibility for his own failures.
                                                Not stupid. Rather, it makes him appear to be complacent. Thinking hard work isn't required. Because you are already All-Everything Stud, all you hafta to is suit up and throw deep balls.
                                                Last edited by MichSooner; 04-19-2022, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Sorry but that's a dumb take. Pretty sure no one here cried over losing TBOW. The problem was not the length of his goodbye party, it was how he spent 2021 before he officially bailed out, and I emphasize officially because practically he was gone long before. IDGAF about his final speech, my issue is that he spent 2021 recruiting for USC and screwing around on OU payroll.

Comment

This article was about the departures of Riley and Rattler. In both cases, we see examples of addition by subtraction.

Comment

Should have just sent a text message and you would have missed the crying

Comment

Should have just sent a text message and you would have missed the crying
                                                        Lol, we didn't have texting back then.

Comment

I didn’t read any of this, however I will say -

I don’t care if The Rat ever succeeds (or does, I really don’t care). He was always a me first guy, regardless of revisionist history.

also, some of you morons bought Rattler logo gear - DONT THINK WE FORGOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Basel90 View Post
                                                            I think the booing was very unfortunate should never happen to an OU student athlete by sooner fans.
                                                            Lincoln's offense was the main issue and exposed Spencer a lot. The fact remains Spencer was not the best QB on the field as evidenced by CW play . Which was very strange for a Hiesman candidate and a Big12 winning QB like Spencer. Wish him the best and hope he realizes Lincoln's offense was the main issue.
                                                            If this was 1987 I would agree, but College Football Players are making A LOT of money in many cases now, and since they are getting paid, I have no issue with fans booing consistently poor performances. They are not "amateurs" anymore. With high dollars, come high stakes.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                            X
                                                            UA-124223861-1