First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predict the spring game attendance.

With BV running the show, the excitement is ramping up. I'm saying 50k are there for the spring game. September can't get here fast enough. BOOMER!

I am hoping for 75,000+ but I’m thinking closer to 55,000

Comment

Comment

A lot more than usc will have
        BOOMER!

Comment

Comment

55k. And bring your ponchos, boys

Comment

Live Free or Die!

Comment

The weather will impact attendance's, one way or another.
                The rumor is that OU is only selling 55,000 tickets in the lower areas and suites.

Comment

I believe the fan base will respond to the new head coach's request and rise to the challenge of filling the entire stadium. That and Baker, a Sooner legend and all time fan favorite, is getting his statue.

Comment

Comment

I know of at least 6 going!

The weather isn't looking great. 20+mph wind all day plus rain more and more likely as the day goes on... what's the likelihood that they move the game up an hour or two to avoid the rain (if it helps)?

Comment

Comment

I thought I heard they would open the upper decks up, but I think I'm wrong. I did see a tweet that 52,000 of 55,000 available seats were sold as of Tuesday.

Comment

242K.... Wish the game was at 1900. Trigger OU48A

Comment

Just talked to Sooner Club. So far, "sales in the low 40,000s. Sales have slowed to a crawl this week due to the weather reports."

Comment

> 6 < 199,999

Comment

My pop tarts predict 49,000.

Comment

Our attendance will be better than most, but we're close, it's all due to the uncommon fans but it AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

Remember, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose... sometimes it rains.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. X View Post
                                      Our attendance will be better than most, but we're close, it's all due to the uncommon fans but it AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

Remember, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose... sometimes it rains.
                                      .... and sometimes life throws you a curve ball

total --- 59,363.

Comment

46,500, will be near empty by end of third quarter.

Comment

41,685 weather limited

Comment

2022 Spring Football Game Attendance Tracker

For a number of years, I took up an interest in monitoring spring football game attendance. Knowing how much pride some schools put into their spring game crowds and comparing it with schools that don’t give it a second thought was always intriguing to me. Spring football has always been a signature event for a number of schools, most notably in the south where the weather tends to be warmer, but it wasn’t until I took on the mission to track every FBS school’s spring game attendance that I realized just how much more spring football games seem to be a part of the fan experience for schools in the SEC and Big Ten than other conferences.

I tracked spring game attendance figures for a string of years while working as a contributor to College Football Talk on NBC Sports, and I even had a handful of spreadsheets that kept annual records of these figures. Sadly, College Football Talk is no more and those detailed records have been lost for good. Fortunately, my coverage and unofficial crowning of spring game attendance champions for 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 still exist. And I’m honored that my coverage of such information was viewed and shared by multiple schools over the years, including UCF and Virginia Tech in 2016.

So, now that college football’s calendar appears to be back to business as usual after two years of pandemic issues canceling spring football entirely or reducing the number of fans who would be able to attend a spring game, I figured now is as good a time as any to get back to monitoring the spring game crowds.

April is the busy month for spring game attendances as the weekends will soon be full of spring games across the major conferences, with the middle of April hitting its stride for a couple of weeks that will include the traditional heavy hitters when it comes to spring football game attendance (Alabama, Georgia, Penn State, Nebraska, and Ohio State are all big draws, historically).

This list will keep track of and rank the spring game attendance across the nation this season.

This list was last updated on April 18, 2022.

No attendance figures have been made available for Coastal Carolina, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Missouri, and Syracuse.

Georgia

Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports

Date: April 16, 2022

Reported attendance: 68,022 (source)

Nebraska

Date: April 9, 2022

Reported attendance: 54,357 (source)

Ohio State

Joseph Maiorana-USA TODAY Sports

Reported attendance: 50,000 (source)

Clemson

Ken Ruinard-USA TODAY Sports

Date: April 9, 2022

Reported attendance: 35,000 (source)

Alabama

Gary Cosby Jr.-USA TODAY Sports

Reported attendance: 31,077 (source)

Personally, I don’t believe this scource. 30,000 at Bama? May be. Doubt it.

https://nittanylionswire.usatoday.co...dance-tracker/
                                            Last edited by SEC; 04-21-2022, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Don't think we will beat Nebraska or Georgia. May beat Ohio State, but we should definitely be Top 4.

Comment

At this point in their history, I can't see why that many people would be interested in showing up for a glorified scrimmage at Nebraska. Well, other than there not being much else to do in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Comment

Comment

52221 1/2 Do I hear 52221 and 3/4?

Comment

Originally posted by soonergrad View Post
                                                      Don't think we will beat Nebraska or Georgia. May beat Ohio State, but we should definitely be Top 4.
                                                      Alabama didn't beat Ohio State...

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer Sooner View Post

Alabama didn't beat Ohio State...
                                                        Alabama has pretty much established their place at the head of the college football table...

Comment

Originally posted by OUDoc View Post
                                                          Your avatar is my answer. One Million.

Comment

Alabama has pretty much established their place at the head of the college football table...
                                                            Alabama and head fits you quite well

Comment

Comment

Wrestlemania announced a Jerryworld crowd of 77,000, but actually it was 68,000.

We need to be like Vince McMahon. Numbers are for entertainment purposes only.

We already inflate heights and weights lol

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
                                                                      > 6 < 199,999
                                                                      You'd absolutely kill it on The Price is Right.

Comment

I thought i read that roughly 50k tickets had already been sold. Either way, I'm guessing 51,338 I'll be responsible for 3 of those (brother and one son attending w/me)....possibly a buddy too.

Comment

Comment

Which spring game will have the most in-person attendance - OU or USC?

Which spring game will be viewed by more people - OU or USC?
                                                                            Live Free or Die!

Comment

#39

Comment

#40

Totally not the point of my post but okay

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
                                                                                  At this point in their history, I can't see why that many people would be interested in showing up for a glorified scrimmage at Nebraska. Well, other than there not being much else to do in Lincoln, Nebraska.
                                                                                  Guaranteed win.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Who's this "we" you keep talking about?

53K or so.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      75,000+

Comment

#44
                                                                                        It was crazy. Felt like a real game. I've been to a lot of spring games but this was a different animal.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          My postdicktion is 75,320ish

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by MikeLucky View Post
                                                                                            It was crazy. Felt like a real game. I've been to a lot of spring games but this was a different animal.
                                                                                            It was a way better atmosphere than the Tulane and WCU games last year.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              75K plus. Just ballparking it.

If you believe the geniuses online as long as it was more than USC.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by MichSooner View Post
                                                                                                Just talked to Sooner Club. So far, "sales in the low 40,000s. Sales have slowed to a crawl this week due to the weather reports."
                                                                                                You should have talked to them again
                                                                                                BOOMER!

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Great turnout. Highest spring game attendance in the country. Best fans in the country.

Suck on that bitches from the west, east, north, and south.

Comment

#50

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1