First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post
    Did they do anything to honor the women's gymnastics team's natty at the game?
    They did it during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvershoes View Post

You could say that about every single player that doesn't leave early. Money isnt the determining factor for everyone.
      I agree. Yet with years of hindsight, leaving a GF for a year (at most with off season) to make that kind of money would be hard for me to turn down. My girlfriend (now wife) would have understood as she would have been helping me spend it all. Of course, I had no athletic knowledge, skills or abilities, so it's all just a fantasy world for me.

Comment

No, it shouldn't. An NFL career isn't guaranteed and a rookie deal for a punter isn't going to break the bank. Unless you're an early round pick, you should stay and prepare for a future outside of football.
        Hard to say. I would probably take the early money, regardless of draft status, and then go back to finish the education once I am through playing.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
          21-17 Final.
          Did we win? Winning is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post

Did we win? Winning is hard.
            Depends on who we is. If you are a Red fan we win if you were for white we lost.

Comment

Depends on who we is. If you are a Red fan we win if you were for white we lost.
              That could be considered racist.

Comment

That could be considered racist.
                You took my line right out of my mouf.

Comment

So, people that were there; was it a legit attendance figure or was it like a regular game where they say "900th brazillionth sellout" but the entire student section is somewhere else texting each other?

Comment

Originally posted by IKE93 View Post

So you’re judging a true freshman who enrolled early after 15 practices and calling him horrific? Smh
                    BOOMER!
                    He was certainly very bad today. I felt like he was the fifth best QB on the field. Do you disagree?

For the record, I’m not the only one who feels this way. If you listen to Gabe and Teddy on the Oklahoma Breakdown Podcast, they described being a little underwhelmed by Evers given his billing by the services.
                    Last edited by soonerbms; 04-23-2022, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                      So, people that were there; was it a legit attendance figure or was it like a regular game where they say "900th brazillionth sellout" but the entire student section is somewhere else texting each other?
                      It was legit. Lower bowl was 95% full, the west deck was 75% full, and the east deck had a handful as well.

Comment

Looks legit..

Comment

Most important question is where can I get that hat Bake has???
                          Dollar General

Comment

Damn I wish I could have been there today. I love seeing this!

Comment

On offense, I was really impressed with Gabriel, Barnes, Walker, and the OL at times. Will Gabriel be as good as Rattler and Williams will this season? Of course not, but that’s not what we need. We need a guy who can make timely throws to compliment our run game. He appears to fit the billing.

On defense, I thought Redmond, Strip, and Stutsman were absolute terrors. I also thought the whole secondary had a hell of a game.

Comment

Ive gotta admit yall, I didn't think ol Dill is that great but after that, it starts to look worse and worse and I was pretty stoked on the freshman before the spring. That said, our secondary and LBs look soooooooooooooooooo much better that it's kind of staggering in a very positive way.

It's very difficult to tell because everybody is learning new calls and assignments and typically, you want the defense to shut down the offense after months of prep. I do think we're going to have a very good football team next year too though.

Comment

Originally posted by ACoolOkieDude View Post
                                  Ive gotta admit yall, I didn't think ol Dill is that great but after that, it starts to look worse and worse and I was pretty stoked on the freshman before the spring. That said, our secondary and LBs look soooooooooooooooooo much better that it's kind of staggering in a very positive way.

It's very difficult to tell because everybody is learning new calls and assignments and typically, you want the defense to shut down the offense after months of prep. I do think we're going to have a very good football team next year too though.
                                  Gabriel probably has a way better game if the wind weren't a factor. But his numbers were still pretty solid. The INT looked like it hung up on him. A few of his throws were probably ones he puts more air under if the wind weren't blowing like it was early on. He was trying to throw darts on some. He was fine. The defense overall was really solid on both teams. Red had better pass rushers which was probably the difference.

Comment

I can see right now UTEP is gonna find a way to back out of playing these guys. The Mullett is sitting in his recliner drinking Tanqueray and Seven watching this game saying "Oh shit, Oh shit, Oh shit, we need a new plan." Sark is like" can I get a gummy bear with that double fireball? And a fresh tampon to go"

Comment

Originally posted by ACoolOkieDude View Post

You are 100% correct. We need to scour the portal for a backup QB. Hopefully, someone decent enters in the next few days as spring practices end across the nation.

Comment

I just don't see a decent QB transferring in. I have no clue if the commit is any good at all but we've got Gabriel for what, 3 more years if he/the staff wants? I'm not sure I'd suggest my own son transfer in unless he's Baker Mayfield 2.0 in this environment.

Comment

Great day for Oklahoma Football.

Awesome rollout by the fanbase and an excellent jumping off point for the Venables Era.

Comment

Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post
                                            Is it on TV? Looks like usc is on espn
                                            Want to bet which game has more fans in attendance. I will give you a hint: the game in Norman had about 75K. The game in L.A. will have maybe 5K. Maybe.

Hah, I had to edit. I just saw the picture of the USC spring game. LOL. There were maybe 500 people.
                                            Last edited by 1soonerinoregon; 04-23-2022, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1soonerinoregon View Post

Want to bet which game has more fans in attendance. I will give you a hint: the game in Norman had about 75K. The game in L.A. will have maybe 5K. Maybe.

Hah, I had to edit. I just saw the picture of the USC spring game. LOL. There were maybe 500 people.
                                              Maybe usc fans didn’t want to be there

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

Tres Way signed a 4 year $13.65MM contract last year.

Every year Turk waits is one year longer before his rookie contract is up…and he gets a shot at a similar contact.

He’s an NFL punter. I’m glad we have him, but he should have gone pro. He was at the NFL combine…25 reps..record for a punter (not that a lot of punters go to the combine). I’m just shocked that he’s still here.

Heck, when I look at mock drafts, Turk is still listed as a late round draft pick…..
                                                I wonder if one of the reasons Turk decided to stay (besides Grace and Jesus telling him to) is because that guy at San Diego State was higher rated and he also had value because he was the kicker for SDSU and could be back up kicker for an NFL team.

This year Turk will probably be the top punter by far.

Comment

ESPN saying USucks had 33k but looking at their pics i can't see more than 10k at the most. fake news???

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerLB View Post
                                                    Here it is just a few minutes before kickoff of the spring game. Impossible to get the game because I live in KS, but I am currently watching the USC spring game. Thanks Joe!??! Caleb is looking pretty good by the way, and Riley looks happy.
                                                    LR has like zero pressure on him at this point. The fans don't care there. They won't show up to watch him lose. No need to worry about the spring game, as there must have been maybe 1K at most. It will take 3 years or so before they will start railing about how they wasted 10 million per year on an average coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post

Going to games is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by 1soonerinoregon View Post

LR has like zero pressure on him at this point. The fans don't care there. They won't show up to watch him lose. No need to worry about the spring game, as there must have been maybe 1K at most. It will take 3 years or so before they will start railing about how they wasted 10 million per year on an average coach.
                                                        I give it 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricSooner View Post
                                                          ESPN saying USucks had 33k but looking at their pics i can't see more than 10k at the most. fake news???
                                                          Not anywhere close to 33,000. Load of Traveler shit.

Comment

I guessed 65k right before they announced. After taking another look, I believe the 75k number. Hell, at the end of the 1st quarter, momma and I went up to the upper south club level to catch a view and saw people STILL in line to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post

Real quote from Riley's spring game presser.

“I’d be lying if you told I wasn’t starting to think ahead a little bit towards what it would feel like in the fall when that place is packed,” Riley said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

I wonder if one of the reasons Turk decided to stay (besides Grace and Jesus telling him to) is because that guy at San Diego State was higher rated and he also had value because he was the kicker for SDSU and could be back up kicker for an NFL team.

This year Turk will probably be the top punter by far.
                                                                I hear you….but even the top punter may not get drafted….or maybe 4 get drafted. Kind of hard to tell. The money will likely be round 5-7 or UFA money….all of which is minor. IMO as a punter, you make money on your negotiated contract (after your rookie contract expires)….the initial contract is preset and shitty for punters because they’ll never go early.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricSooner View Post
                                                                  Looked like 5k to me.

Comment

Going to games is hard.
                                                                    They’re really close

Comment

Not as bad as it first seemed.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

Real quote from Riley's spring game presser.

“I’d be lying if you told I wasn’t starting to think ahead a little bit towards what it would feel like in the fall when that place is packed,” Riley said.
                                                                        Half full is a packed house for him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Soonerpsycho View Post
                                                                          Not as bad as it first seemed.

Well damn, pretty standard type pose.

I mean, I knew it wouldn’t be the crotch grab, but I hoped it would be the flag planting.

Comment

Half full is a packed house for him now.
                                                                            He's gonna be really sad when his best crowd looks like a Kansas home game. I can hardly wait to see the pictures.

Comment

He's gonna be really sad when his best crowd looks like a Kansas home game. I can hardly wait to see the pictures.
                                                                              “Yeah… like that one time Kansas almost beat OU… that was awesome.”

-Socali… probably.

Comment

I was there. Definitely the largest spring game attendance Ive ever seen. Lower bowl (especially west side) was packed. I’ve always had empty seats in direct proximity to me in the past….but not today. People were coming in late and filling all the small voids…and we were on the north 20 yard line too. I imagine it was even more tightly packed closer to the 50. Super impressive showing.

Comment

Originally posted by CalSOONER View Post

I know I ride you from time to time, but you are Stephen Hawking to bms' Warren "Franks and Beans."
                                                                                  Don’t know if I should be flattered or upset? Either way
                                                                                  BOOMER!

Comment

Originally posted by Just JK View Post

he sure seems to need the troll entertainment.....which puzzles me - with all the trappings and swag he posts - you'd think he'd have "cooler" things to do
                                                                                    I think it’s an average of about 4.5 posts a day, with the majority from the comforts of downtime at a fire station. I guess I’m living wrong…maybe I should have had a few divorces and remarriages like yourself and many others here over these years. Instead, I prefer doing socal things and also seeing people get irrationally worked up over college kids playing a sport

Comment

Originally posted by WFSooner View Post
                                                                                      We could fly our team to LA tomorrow morning and replay the scrimmage and have a better turnout than that shit

Comment

Nothing against Evers, he's a freshman and I am sure he will get better but Bowens looked good to me. He should be backup. With his speed and throws didn't look to bad, had a Kyler feeling about him.

Comment

Each one of those lower sections at the LA colesium for toejam football have about 700-800 seats. Do the math from there if they were packed...

Only way they regularly have capacity is if they are winning the pac and in undefeated fashion or the ND game, bandwagon is the fan du jour in LA.

33000, only if they were dressed up as seats. Picture only needs a billow of cooking smoke in the distance from the dry brisket served after the sc game.
                                                                                          Last edited by Sooner in SoCal; 04-23-2022, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Any serious injuries?

Comment

I heard they had to turn some away, that it would’ve been full but they didn’t expect that pre-game so fire Marshall played it safe and stopped it around 75,000, especially since actual seats weren’t assigned

Comment

So you’re judging a true freshman who enrolled early after 15 practices and calling him horrific? Smh
                                                                                                BOOMER!
                                                                                                It’s the soonerpms way.

Comment

Don’t know if I should be flattered or upset? Either way
                                                                                                  BOOMER!
                                                                                                  It was a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post
                                                                                                    Why is Turk back? He should have gone pro….he’s NFL material. Another year won’t change that.
                                                                                                    Cuz it OU baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post

I think it’s an average of about 4.5 posts a day, with the majority from the comforts of downtime at a fire station. I guess I’m living wrong…maybe I should have had a few divorces and remarriages like yourself and many others here over these years. Instead, I prefer doing socal things and also seeing people get irrationally worked up over college kids playing a sport
                                                                                                      well - i havent had "a few" - but whatever - thanks for keeping up with the details of my/our personal lives over all these years

it means everything

you have this overwhelming need to show everybody how special you think you are.....to an extent a psychologist could spend a year or two unraveling all of it (i.e. - you could use the help!)

troll away - you're special at it.....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1