X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEC
    replied
    Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post

I’m sure he’ll claim autocorrect is to blame…AGAIN! Perhaps his grammer shoulda taken a switch to him for not paying more attention in high English classes.
    Stoopid Fone!

Leave a comment:

• Sooner in SoCal
    replied
    DId you want a grammer of two.

nah, just make it an ate bahl

Leave a comment:

• Widescreen
    replied
    Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post

I like how he misspelled "grammar" every time.
    It's funny that when someone online gets their spelling corrected, they claim it's a grammar nazi situation. Spelling is not grammar. The proper usage would be spelling nazi.

Leave a comment:

• Colonel O’Truth
    replied
    Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post

I’m sure he’ll claim autocorrect is to blame…AGAIN! Perhaps his grammer shoulda taken a switch to him for not paying more attention in high English classes.
    Last edited by Colonel O’Truth; 05-02-2022, 03:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Garbage Poster
    replied
    Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post

This is dumbest thing I have EVER read…borrow none!

Leave a comment:

• Colonel O’Truth
    replied
    Originally posted by SEC View Post

It is funny, the grammer Nazis here, and you are one of the main ones..I can promise you, I can grammer all day and beat you. I know you think that’s FS..good.

Now, we can be all good or stupid(in no way I’m not) and we can send and talk unetumacted all day…
    This is dumbest thing I have EVER read…borrow none!

Leave a comment:

• Stinger_1066
    replied
    The most negative report I have heard yet.

Coach B says he has only 4 interior linemen that are ready to play.

Also, they are concerned about running back depth.

Sports Illustrated Sooners publisher John Hoover, deputy editor Ryan Chapman and multimedia director Josh Callaway give their final thoughts on OU's spring game, react to Cody Jackson entering the transfer portal, preview the NFL Draft, recap the latest action from the diamond sports and a lot more.
    Sports Illustrated Sooners publisher John Hoover, deputy editor Ryan Chapman and multimedia director Josh Callaway give their final thoughts on OU's spring game, react to Cody Jackson entering the transfer portal, preview the NFL Draft, recap the latest action from the diamond sports and a lot more.…

Leave a comment:

• OU48A
    replied
    Originally posted by auto View Post

The only mark you leave is on your Depends. Diaper check time ol' timer.
    I have left a big mark on you and it's really pretty funny.

Leave a comment:

• auto
    replied
    Originally posted by OU48A View Post
    But yet you keep thinking of me. Must be living rent free in your drug induced world. I have left a mark on you...LOL
    The only mark you leave is on your Depends. Diaper check time ol' timer.

Leave a comment:

• Me And My Butt
    replied

ahhh... bless your heart. You are easier to troll than a stripper with free blow. Show me on the Sooner Steve doll where the night games touched you.
    Oh yea, strippers and cocaine….that brings back some good memories.

Leave a comment:

• RockFlagandEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by traxx View Post

I wouldn't say that we're all grammar nazis here. We'd just like you to post something resembling the English language. No one has any idea what you're trying to say.
    Borrow none, this is the best post ever.

Leave a comment:

• traxx
    replied

For sure, Stringbean…don’t think I let this get unnoticed…at least by me..or least I hope you didn’t…

It is funny, the grammer Nazis here, and you are one of the main ones..I can promise you, I can grammer all day and beat you. I know you think that’s FS..good.

Anyway, I’m glad you caught the reference of what I eluded to when I said “careful”…

48 and Balko didn’t catch it… 48 is posting uneducated shit like “bold well”…

OK, I’m not usually one to call him out but I did in this case…because the flack I got…which is why I said, “careful”…

I will continue to do that if we? Are going to be grammer nazzies…

Now, we can be all good or stupid(in no way I’m not) and we can send and talk unetumacted all day…

Must be s southern thing…I think not.

Anyway, “careful”, 48, and the only @warning Balko was to let you r above poster know their quotes and all that, ain’t what it used to be..

TBH, from an SEC standpoint…is what it is.

Course Ispect many will
    drsg our low-hanging nuts across the coals.

just remeber, it never c ever, was GA’s fault..
    I wouldn't say that we're all grammar nazis here. We'd just like you to post something resembling the English language. No one has any idea what you're trying to say.

Leave a comment:

• OU48A
    replied

ahhh... bless your heart. You are easier to troll than a stripper with free blow. Show me on the Sooner Steve doll where the night games touched you.
    But yet you keep thinking of me. Must be living rent free in your drug induced world. I have left a mark on you...LOL

Leave a comment:

• auto
    replied

He also said you have very little in your fragile life.

Leave a comment:

• FS250
    replied

For sure, Stringbean…don’t think I let this get unnoticed…at least by me..or least I hope you didn’t…

Anyway, I’m glad you caught the reference of what I eluded to when I said “careful”…

OK, I’m not usually one to call him out but I did in this case…because the flack I got…which is why I said, “careful”…

Anyway, “careful”, 48, and the only @warning Balko was to let you r above poster know their quotes and all that, ain’t what it used to be..

Course Ispect many will

Leave a comment:

• Me And My Butt
    replied
    Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

It wasn't the quote. It was the dumbass stare he gave the reporter trying to gage her reaction to his highly rehearsed monologue.

I let one rip right after Les Miles said that….he inspired me.

I was in a room with 3 OSU fans.

Needless to say, their football team stunk up the room more than I did that day.

Maybe that’s what Les was trying to say, “we’re gonna stink this joint up today”

Leave a comment:

• Bustarime
    replied

Course Ispect many will

What is Buddy Hackett on meth for 1000 Alex.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprecht
    replied
    Originally posted by Balko View Post
    Do I remember right?--Bud saying in 1961, when OU was 0-5, "If we don't beat Kansas State, we may not win a game this year." OU went 5-0.
    Never heard that ever...

Have always heard that Bud went on his coaches show after the loss Colorado loss put them at 0-5 and said "we won't lose another game this year". And they then proceeded to win five straight.

Leave a comment:

• SEC
    replied
    Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

It went over 48A's head for sure.

Course Ispect many will

Leave a comment:

• Balko
    replied
    Do I remember right?--Bud saying in 1961, when OU was 0-5, "If we don't beat Kansas State, we may not win a game this year." OU went 5-0.

Leave a comment:

• Colonel O’Truth
    replied
    I can’t remember the exact wording, but I remember back in the wishbone days, Switzer said “the defense always knows when we’re throwing a pass because the receivers break the huddle and turn cartwheels all the way to the line of scrimmage.”

Leave a comment:

• Widescreen
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

This one deserves a mention...

Lead up to '87 OU-Nebraska game in Lincoln...

''The flat-out truth is, Oklahoma can`t play with us. They are not good enough. Let me tell you, it might not even be close, and I mean that.''-Steve Taylor, Nebraska quarterback.
    I searched for that quote and found this quote from Nebraska I-Back Keith Jones also during the lead up to the '87 game. I thought the writer's response was pretty funny.

“My impression of the OU defense, with all due respect, is that every team they played has moved the ball on them,” he said.

Oklahoma opponents average 7.5 points a game, apparently moving the ball back and forth just short of the end zones.
    Can you imagine what we would do in the 2020's giving up 7.5 points/game?

Leave a comment:

• RockFlagandEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post
    Let 'er rip.
    - Les Miles

OK, hold my beer.
    - Bob Stoops
    It wasn't the quote. It was the dumbass stare he gave the reporter trying to gage her reaction to his highly rehearsed monologue.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprecht
    replied

This one deserves a mention...

Lead up to '87 OU-Nebraska game in Lincoln...

'
    'The flat-out truth is, Oklahoma can`t play with us. They are not good enough. Let me tell you, it might not even be close, and I mean that.''-Steve Taylor, Nebraska quarterback.

Leave a comment:

• Burglekutt
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. X View Post

Daaaaaamn... that Joe Paterno quote did NOT age well.

Leave a comment:

• Velo Sooner
    replied
    Originally posted by AdonijahAijalon View Post

Nowadays college football is mostly Switzer types and less pedo types.
    Pedos moved over to wrestling and gymnastics.

Leave a comment:

• AdonijahAijalon
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. X View Post

Nowadays college football is mostly Switzer types and less pedo types.

Leave a comment:

• smusooner
    replied

Now this. I will go with the poke president. It sounded like a welfare case.

In terms of most cringey it's easily Paterno's ironic, entirely tone-deaf comment

Leave a comment:

• Colonel O’Truth
    replied
    I mentioned Paterno’s quote last week and Slytherin accused me of revising history.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. X
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Velo Sooner
    replied
    Let 'er rip.
    - Les Miles

OK, hold my beer.
    - Bob Stoops

Leave a comment:

• OU48A
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stinger_1066
    replied
    Spring game review from Sooner Scoop:

Bob gets to speak up on his impressions of the spring game finale and he gets plenty of time as Josh is on vacation in the hell that is Orlando. We also take some time to give the fans their due for an amazing experience this weekend in Norman. Now that Eddie and I have reflected a bit since the postgame pod, it really was incredible. We talk about moving forward into the offseason, the transfer portal and look ahead to what we're seeing and hearing about OU players in the NFL draft. Marquis Hayes is definitely someone we've slept on in this year's draft. We also talk about the upcoming caravan tours and what's happening with men's hoops as usual.

The full rundown follows below:

00:00 - Welcome back!

35:00 - OU fans made an incredible statement

44:00 - NFL Draft Preview

55:00 - Transfer Portal Madness

Bob gets to speak up on his impressions of the spring game finale and he gets plenty of time as Josh is on vacation in the hell that is Orlando. We also take some time to give the fans their due for an amazing experience this weekend in Norman. Now that Eddie and I have reflected a bit since the pos…

Leave a comment:

• smusooner
    replied
    Originally posted by OUspin View Post

Do you think Saban's success would've been the same if Georgia played in SEC west? Whatever your answer is...is what most OU fans are expecting if BV turns OU into what we are expecting.

If you think the OU teams from 2000-2008 would not have won the SEC more than a few times, you haven't been paying attention to OU football. We are expecting BV to bring OU to that level of play. Whether he can achieve that remains to be seen. Clearly sounds like that you'll be more surprised if he does than anyone around here. Btw, I have a degree from OU & a SEC school. I watch plenty of SEC football and I lived in SEC country for 4 years.
    I’ve also lived in SEC country and been to games at the “premier SEC” schools.

OU and Norman are every bit on par with the best of what the SEC offers.

Leave a comment:

• OU48A
    replied
    Football, in its purest form, remains a physical fight. As in any fight, if you don't want to fight, it's impossible to win.

Bud Wilkinson

Leave a comment:

• traxx
    replied
    Mine is...

We're close.

-TBOW

Leave a comment:

• Mazeppa
    replied
    Originally posted by frou View Post
    Did not attend the Spring Game 2022, but THANK YOU for all of you that did and made it the success that it was!! You fans were awesome!!
    Thank you and you're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Widescreen
    replied

Dammit, you've issued warnings and cautions and "don't get your hopes up" signals every day, three times a day, for months. Assume we've heard you--hundreds of times--and either don't give a shit or are going on with being OU fans and don't give a shit. Have an original thought...
    So basically, either way the answer is "we don't give a sh1t". Pretty accurate.

Leave a comment:

• 5thWave
    replied

I’m aware of your thinking. But from my standpoint, everyone here keeps pointing out “Bama”…

I do not think OU has a realistic acceptance of the SEC for those that think that is their mark…BAMA.

That is a total farce. I don’t like Bama but I do not think you all REALLY except what BAMA and Saban goes through to win the SEC, in reality. It is WAY more exceptional, IMO, than what folks here really give Saban and Bama credit for…

Its like, “well, Bama runs the table and have been on a streak, we can do it as well…”

Im here to tell ya, it is Not that easy. Way easier said than done. Mark up a W…get ass beat. We are talking about really good teams, not only in that division, but in the SECCG.

Many folks bring up Mizzu in the east. They stumbled in at the right time and had a good team when the east was down. They will be lucky to EVER win the east again. As well as ATM in the west. No matter their recruiting.

To think OU or TX will win the SEC is cra cra. Will they come close? Perhaps. My only point is, the conference championships OU has won, and enjoyed, to be dominant, will be over. Gonna be a helluva fight now and be disappointing to say the least. No matter wtf Saban does. Too many good teams and players in the south.

OU and TX absolutely had a better chance to WIN and one game, outsmarted and execution wise, being in the BIG 12 for. NCS…Now in the SEC, the gauntlet is real.

Wont be easy…but if can make it through it, will be a the very ToP position to win it all.
    It's "accept" you ignorant fanboy. And no, we don't.

Leave a comment:

• frou
    replied
    Did not attend the Spring Game 2022, but THANK YOU for all of you that did and made it the success that it was!! You fans were awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• Stinger_1066
    replied

Here’s one. Learn to comprehend while reading and reread what I quoted.
    It went over 48A's head for sure.

Leave a comment:

• SEC
    replied

Dammit, you've issued warnings and cautions and "don't get your hopes up" signals every day, three times a day, for months. Assume we've heard you--hundreds of times--and either don't give a shit or are going on with being OU fans and don't give a shit. Have an original thought...
    Here’s one. Learn to comprehend while reading and reread what I quoted.

Leave a comment:

• Balko
    replied

Careful

Leave a comment:

• OU48A
    replied

Careful
    In TURNIPSEED we trust...Saban wanted him back but he wanted to be in Norman.

Leave a comment:

• SEC
    replied
    THAD TURNIPSEED TITLE Executive Director of OU Football Administration who was once Saban's right-hand man. Sabins wife cried when Thad left Alabama.

Thad Turnipseed is on record...He says Brent Venables is the closest thing to Nick Saban that he has ever seen.

That along with the power of the OU brand bolds well for OU and may be why some SEC pundits who have no doubt heard this are now taking shots at OU.

If this ends up anything close to coming true, then it's going to be on the all-time list of quotes
    Careful

Leave a comment:

• OU48A
    replied

I also heard he was a fan of night games and hates morning games.
    He also said you have very little in your fragile life.

Leave a comment:

• auto
    replied
    THAD TURNIPSEED TITLE Executive Director of OU Football Administration who was once Saban's right-hand man. Sabins wife cried when Thad left Alabama.

Thad Turnipseed is on record...He says Brent Venables is the closest thing to Nick Saban that he has ever seen.

That along with the power of the OU brand bolds well for OU and may be why some SEC pundits who have no doubt heard this are now taking shots at OU.

If this ends up anything close to coming true, then it's going to be on the all-time list of quotes

I also heard he was a fan of night games and hates morning games.

Leave a comment:

• OU48A
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Me And My Butt
    replied

I say tie between Torrance Marshal and Bob Stoops.

Leave a comment:

• OUspin
    replied

I’m aware of your thinking. But from my standpoint, everyone here keeps pointing out “Bama”…

I do not think OU has a realistic acceptance of the SEC for those that think that is their mark…BAMA.

That is a total farce. I don’t like Bama but I do not think you all REALLY except what BAMA and Saban goes through to win the SEC, in reality. It is WAY more exceptional, IMO, than what folks here really give Saban and Bama credit for…

Its like, “well, Bama runs the table and have been on a streak, we can do it as well…”

Im here to tell ya, it is Not that easy. Way easier said than done. Mark up a W…get ass beat. We are talking about really good teams, not only in that division, but in the SECCG.

Many folks bring up Mizzu in the east. They stumbled in at the right time and had a good team when the east was down. They will be lucky to EVER win the east again. As well as ATM in the west. No matter their recruiting.

To think OU or TX will win the SEC is cra cra. Will they come close? Perhaps. My only point is, the conference championships OU has won, and enjoyed, to be dominant, will be over. Gonna be a helluva fight now and be disappointing to say the least. No matter wtf Saban does. Too many good teams and players in the south.

OU and TX absolutely had a better chance to WIN and one game, outsmarted and execution wise, being in the BIG 12 for. NCS…Now in the SEC, the gauntlet is real.

Wont be easy…but if can make it through it, will be a the very ToP position to win it all.
    Do you think Saban's success would've been the same if Georgia played in SEC west? Whatever your answer is...is what most OU fans are expecting if BV turns OU into what we are expecting.

If you think the OU teams from 2000-2008 would not have won the SEC more than a few times, you haven't been paying attention to OU football. We are expecting BV to bring OU to that level of play. Whether he can achieve that remains to be seen. Clearly sounds like that you'll be more surprised if he does than anyone around here. Btw, I have a degree from OU & a SEC school. I watch plenty of SEC football and I lived in SEC country for 4 years.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
X
UA-124223861-1