Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which player is most likely to portal out after the spring game?

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sooner Scoop guys said they expect up to 4 players to hit the portal after the spring game, and that Brent has already set aside time for exit interviews on Monday.

My guess is Marcus Major.

Ironically, he is also my guess for which player will stand out the most in the spring game.

One or the other will happen, but not both.

Anyone else care to make a prediction?
    Live Free or Die!

My guess is Lou Donihoo.

Comment

DJ Graham.

Comment

Not sure who but damn certain it will be a pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post
          Not sure who but damn certain it will be a pussy.
          Keef’s not even on the team.

Comment

Probably not Drake Stoops

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
              The Sooner Scoop guys said they expect up to 4 players to hit the portal after the spring game, and that Brent has already set aside time for exit interviews on Monday.

Ironically, he is also my guess for which player will stand out the most in the spring game.

Major still on the team??

Comment

It’ll be a WR

Comment

Originally posted by really View Post

Major still on the team??
                  Practice reports have said he is.
                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

Practice reports have said he is.
                    That’s major news

Comment

They suck and we won't need them anyway.

Comment

I can think of 40,000 - 50,000 reasons that might make everyone stick around.

Comment

I think there are some guys on defense that are totally lost in the shuffle that might move on. They would include Arinze, Wete, Kabonge (probably not all three) and some guys in the DB like Bryson Washington, Kendall Dennis, Offensive line maybe Alexander, Anderson or one of the older guys who can't make the two deep. Maybe one receiver between Jackson, West and Darby might leave.

Still you never know. It might be one of these guys who wins my coveted Estus award today.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokej View Post

Keef’s not even on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post
                              I think there are some guys on defense that are totally lost in the shuffle that might move on. They would include Arinze, Wete, Kabonge (probably not all three) and some guys in the DB like Bryson Washington, Kendall Dennis, Offensive line maybe Alexander, Anderson or one of the older guys who can't make the two deep. Maybe one receiver between Jackson, West and Darby might leave.

Still you never know. It might be one of these guys who wins my coveted Estus award today.
                              *Hickson

Comment

I'm thinking at least one LB/DB/WR/RB/QB each.

Comment

Why would Marcus major transfer? Isn’t he going to start the season as #1?

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

Eric Gray will be, Major most likely Forum

Comment

Major was there in his jersey...no pads...

Comment

Originally posted by Section31 View Post
                                        Major was there in his jersey...no pads...
                                        The announcers said today that Major got hurt early in the spring, but the coaches are expecting a lot from him, this year......I really hope so.

Comment

Major is the best RB on the team. Hope he stays. I’d say 50k a year will help keep a lot of guys around.

Comment

Originally posted by R.D. Mercer View Post
                                            Major is the best RB on the team. Hope he stays. I’d say 50k a year will help keep a lot of guys around.
                                            That's a big statement for a dude who's not showed an inkling of being that. He might end up being that, but there's about zero evidence that is true.

Comment

That's a big statement for a dude who's not showed an inkling of being that. He might end up being that, but there's about zero evidence that is true.
                                              Major downer.

Comment

Seems like he's always injured and never able to play. It would be nice to see him have a healthy year but if he keeps getting hurt in practices I don't know how anyone could feel comfortable he can make it thru the regular season. And if he did go to the portal maybe OU thinks about picking up a portal RB to replace him. IDK...

Comment

Why would Major leave?

Because of Eric Gray? So what...

Gray was the starter last year over Kennedy Brooks, and we see what happened.

No back is 100% starter in this day and age, they will share time.

Comment

As for me, I don't care which players leave. If they don't want to be here then go.

Comment

If any player looked out of place to me it was Ralph Rucker. I don't think the guy stands a fighting chance to be a starter or the backup guy. If he wants to be on the field much he needs to look elsewhere.

Comment

SOONERS need bigger, stronger RBs like Stevenson, Brooks, and hopefully Sawchuck. The smaller scat (who started using that word?) backs go down too easy. They’re great in the open field but are knocked down too easily in a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by rhettSodipop View Post
                                                          SOONERS need bigger, stronger RBs like Stevenson, Brooks, and hopefully Sawchuck. The smaller scat (who started using that word?) backs go down too easy. They’re great in the open field but are knocked down too easily in a crowd.
                                                          Q says hello:

Comment

There’s always an exception. Q had phenomenal balance. And proportionally he was very strong.

Comment

I’m not sure he’s the best RB either but I’ve seen enough of him to know he’s better than Eric gray. If he can stay healthy and keep his head on straight, he should be a big part of the offense.

He’s big, strong, and fast. Way more explosive than gray.

I’m really excited about Barnes and sawchuk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

Q says hello:

One of my grandsons is named after Q.

Comment

I think it’s foolish to get too caught up in measurables, especially at the college level. Talent and work ethic are just as important. Q griffin was a great college back. Darren sproles as well. There have been many smaller backs that were great college RBs.

Comment

Originally posted by echo101 View Post
                                                                    If any player looked out of place to me it was Ralph Rucker. I don't think the guy stands a fighting chance to be a starter or the backup guy. If he wants to be on the field much he needs to look elsewhere.
                                                                    That 50k per year might change his mind. A lot of guys who know that they will never start at most schools would love to have "OU Player" on their resume' when they start looking for GA/coaching jobs.

Joey Halzle is coaching QBs for Heuple at Tennessee. His bio says that he is "a three-time Big 12 Conference champion quarterback at Oklahoma, begins his first season as quarterbacks coach at Tennessee and his 13th alongside Josh Heupel. The two have been instrumental in elite quarterback development for 10 seasons at the collegiate level, and Heupel served as his position coach during his time in Norman.

Halzle attended Golden West (California) Junior College after graduating from Oaks Christian High School in Westlake Village, California.

Halzle graduated from Oklahoma in 2008 with a degree in human relations and went on to earn a master’s degree in administrative leadership from Oklahoma in 2014

He might not have the job he has now if he had not worked with Josh at OU as a player. He most likely knew that he would not be an NFL prospect, so staying at OU and getting a solid footing in the coaching route has served him well.

Comment

I’m not sure he’s the best RB either but I’ve seen enough of him to know he’s better than Eric gray. If he can stay healthy and keep his head on straight, he should be a big part of the offense.

He’s big, strong, and fast. Way more explosive than gray.

I’m really excited about Barnes and sawchuk.
                                                                      You must've watched some private games then. Gray's got worlds of talent and I personally won't hold last year's performance against him. Barnes appears to have more natural talent, speed and size than both. We'll see.

Comment

I don’t think Major is leaving. He was injured yesterday. I think he stands to be a major contributor in our new scheme. As the season progresses, I think Barnes and Major will probably get the lion’s share of the touches. Gray will probably be relegated to a third down role. Tawee Walker definitely warrants some short yardage carries.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasooner View Post
                                                                          Why would Major leave?

Because of Eric Gray? So what...

Gray was the starter last year over Kennedy Brooks, and we see what happened.

No back is 100% starter in this day and age, they will share time.

You must've watched some private games then. Gray's got worlds of talent and I personally won't hold last year's performance against him. Barnes appears to have more natural talent, speed and size than both. We'll see.
                                                                          I want to make it clear that I didn't predict Major would transfer. I said he was the player "most likely" to transfer. If the chance of anyone else transferring is zero, and the chance of Major transferring is 1%, then that makes him the "most likely" while at the same time very remote.

Anyway, the reason I said it is because he seems to always have issues getting on the field, either academics or injury. Reports out of spring practice are that the coaches really love Gray and he has shown out. And it looks like Barnes is solid also.

I hope none of them transfer. We need all 3, plus Sawchuck.
                                                                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

I want to make it clear that I didn't predict Major would transfer. I said he was the player "most likely" to transfer. If the chance of anyone else transferring is zero, and the chance of Major transferring is 1%, then that makes him the "most likely" while at the same time very remote.

Anyway, the reason I said it is because he seems to always have issues getting on the field, either academics or injury. Reports out of spring practice are that the coaches really love Gray and he has shown out. And it looks like Barnes is solid also.

I hope none of them transfer. We need all 3, plus Sawchuck.
                                                                            I was most impressed by Tawee Walker and Barnes. Nobody seems to be talking about Walker? He's not even on the Spring Game roster on SS.com. WTF?

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

I was most impressed by Tawee Walker and Barnes. Nobody seems to be talking about Walker? He's not even on the Spring Game roster on SS.com. WTF?
                                                                              I liked him too, tbh, but again, it's so hard to tell in that setting.

Comment

#40

I liked him too, tbh, but again, it's so hard to tell in that setting.
                                                                                He ran hard. So did Barnes. I'm kind of meh on Gray.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  There’s always an exception. Q had phenomenal balance. And proportionally he was very strong.
                                                                                  But you didn't say there were exceptions in your original statement. So, I gotcha.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by echo101 View Post
                                                                                    Maybe we watched different games?

Rucker is the clear QB2 right now. He got as many snaps as the 3/4/5 QB’s combined. Threw more passes than the other three combined…..he played pretty well IMO.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      'Portal Out'. The state of entering the transfer portal. I like it. We need this added to Urban Dictionary...

Comment

#44
                                                                                        The Sooner Scoop guys made their predictions before the announcement of the $50K per player NIL deal. Since that happened, I'll be surprised if anyone leaves.
                                                                                        Live Free or Die!

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post

That 50k per year might change his mind. A lot of guys who know that they will never start at most schools would love to have "OU Player" on their resume' when they start looking for GA/coaching jobs.

Joey Halzle is coaching QBs for Heuple at Tennessee. His bio says that he is "a three-time Big 12 Conference champion quarterback at Oklahoma, begins his first season as quarterbacks coach at Tennessee and his 13th alongside Josh Heupel. The two have been instrumental in elite quarterback development for 10 seasons at the collegiate level, and Heupel served as his position coach during his time in Norman.

Halzle attended Golden West (California) Junior College after graduating from Oaks Christian High School in Westlake Village, California.

Halzle graduated from Oklahoma in 2008 with a degree in human relations and went on to earn a master’s degree in administrative leadership from Oklahoma in 2014

He might not have the job he has now if he had not worked with Josh at OU as a player. He most likely knew that he would not be an NFL prospect, so staying at OU and getting a solid footing in the coaching route has served him well.
                                                                                          Halzle performed well in place of a concussed Bradford. Wasn’t enough to overcome a big deficit.

You’re right, he very easily could’ve transferred out and been a starter somewhere. But he stayed and probably bettered his life because of it.

I imagine Tanner Schafer (former walk-on QB and texas Hs football legend) had the same plan. Stick around, learn from some elite coaches and future NFL players, pad the resume, then turn into bad ass head coach down the line.
                                                                                          Last edited by Bigpoppa85; 04-24-2022, 06:53 PM.

Comment

#46

That 50k per year might change his mind.
                                                                                            Rucker is still a walk on I believe. They would need to scholarship him to get the 50K... but I can't imagine him transferring anywhere that getting NIL money would even be a remote possibility. So the 50K might be incentive for him to stay around and get on schollie.

Comment

#47

I was thinking Joey was from Huntington Beach.. I went thru there a few years back during the same year he came to OU. I know he had a lot of good write ups in the papers back then. A surfer from Hawaii had a restaurant in Huntington Beach as well as in Waikiki and I've been to both places. I think he's the surfer dude that had 3 missing fingers on 1 of his hands. I got some of that information, while on a flight to California, from a retired head coach from Alabama State. But yeah... I've always been a fan of Joey from the time he arrived at OU. I still believe Joey would have given OU a comeback victory over Ttech with a little more time on the clock (when Sammy B. got injured).

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

Maybe we watched different games?

Rucker is the clear QB2 right now. He got as many snaps as the 3/4/5 QB’s combined. Threw more passes than the other three combined…..he played pretty well IMO.
                                                                                                I guess that's a possiblility.. I didn't like his feet movement. I thought the Bowens yute was better.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

Rucker is still a walk on I believe. They would need to scholarship him to get the 50K... but I can't imagine him transferring anywhere that getting NIL money would even be a remote possibility. So the 50K might be incentive for him to stay around and get on schollie.
                                                                                                  Rucker was probably sticking around to learn coaching. But.. then why not transfer to SUC to stay connected with LR? Or is he wanting to get some learning from Lebby? Or is it none of those and I'm just totally wrong? Idk..

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post
                                                                                                    As for me, I don't care which players leave. If they don't want to be here then go.
                                                                                                    bingo

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1