• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OU NIL deal announcement.

And here we go…

Originally posted by Empire View Post
    And here we go…

Disappointed that it has come to this, but if it is how the game has to be played I am glad we are stepping up and playing at the highest level.

I am curious as to whether they will get one big check, how it will be taxed, etc. I picture some new cars driving around campus and some guys being broke by the end of the first month if it is a one time payout.

Comment

Oh damn. Well done OU. Interesting to see how much this helps in the future.

Comment

When a fiscally conservative OU has to step into the game things have definitely changed. I love that OU won’t be falling behind the times but at the same time this thing is still in its infancy. You start at a base price of 50k it’s just a matter of time until that doubles and then triples. Hell It has for some players already. With no regulation no telling how far this goes.

Comment

Guess those high oil prices are finally starting to trickle down to the program.

Comment

https://www.1oklahoma.com/

Barry Switzer is the front man. They are partnering with six local non-profits. Players will do community work on behalf of non-profit partners, while receiving NIL money.

Good for OU.

Comment

Originally posted by johnintx View Post

Barry Switzer is the front man. They are partnering with six local non-profits. Players will do community work on behalf of non-profit partners, while receiving NIL money.

Good for OU.
              If we're going to play the NIL game, this looks to be a good way to do it.
              And, whenever the King might want to step down, Bob S is waiting in the wings to step in as front man (again).....

BOOMER!

Comment

Barry Switzer is still the GOAT

Comment

How long before lawsuits start flying from other school teams especially women’s? Haven’t we been down this road before?

Comment

BOOMER!!!
                    The most comprehensive and impactful NIL deal in the country right off the bat. Switzer is a god.

Comment

Glad to see them do something but I can see a bidding war in the future...Texas, A&M, Bama, GA, ND, tOSU and like it or not USC will be hard to out bid

Comment

Originally posted by really View Post
                        Glad to see them do something but I can see a bidding war in the future...Texas, A&M, Bama, GA, ND, tOSU and like it or not USC will be hard to out bid
                        I don't like any of this for college football, but if this is the new reality- I'm glad OU's jumping out first with the best. Some of those schools you mentioned have already been doing this, against the rules, for YEARS.

Comment

Knew this Slylikeshairycockgot would still find something negative to post about. What a cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by johnintx View Post

Good for OU.
                            genius

Comment

According to 1Oklahoma's website, these NIL deals through their collective are for football, men's basketball, and softball players.

Football and men's basketball are the two most high profile sports and need this ASAP in order to be competitive. Softball is so dominant that the entire fan base is currently invested. That program has earned it.

Hopefully, NIL deals can be worked out soon for the other sports.

Comment

85 football scholarships X $50K per year is $4,250,000 per year. Men's basketball is limited to 13, and softball is limited to 12. No mention of how much those two sports will give to each athlete. I have no idea, but this might be the first instance of a NIL deal for softball (rightfully so).

Comment

Knew this Slylikeshairycockgot would still find something negative to post about. What a cunt.
                                  And your post is even less surprising to me...what a snowflake

Comment

Would you prefer that OU did nothing and waited to catch up? What the fuck kind of fear is this? If OU wins a natty are you going to be upset because other schools will want to beat us now? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by SoopaSooner View Post
                                      When a fiscally conservative OU has to step into the game things have definitely changed. I love that OU won’t be falling behind the times but at the same time this thing is still in its infancy. You start at a base price of 50k it’s just a matter of time until that doubles and then triples. Hell It has for some players already. With no regulation no telling how far this goes.
                                      Nope, the SOUL Program should adjust for that. Maybe.

Comment

By providing equal NIL benefits to all football scholarship players OU hopes to avoid locker room resentment and morale problems that could exist due to differing NIL deals— for example rumor has it Caleb Williams is getting $7M and TAM is paying differing monies to its phenomenal recruiting class—its easy to see how team problems could come to fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerquest View Post
                                          By providing equal NIL benefits to all football scholarship players OU hopes to avoid locker room resentment and morale problems that could exist due to differing NIL deals— for example rumor has it Caleb Williams is getting $7M and TAM is paying differing monies to its phenomenal recruiting class—its easy to see how team problems could come to fruition.
                                          This is just a baseline to me. Players can still add NIL deals on top of this can't they?

Comment

This is a strong move for the Sooners!

Comment

Originally posted by Silvershoes View Post

This is just a baseline to me. Players can still add NIL deals on top of this can't they?
                                              Yes!

So, Dirt Buglers can still do their NIL deals!

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber View Post

Yes!

So, Dirt Buglers can still do their NIL deals!
                                                Is this the absolute word from THE slobber knocker?

Comment

Originally posted by SEC View Post

Is this the absolute word from THE slobber knocker?
                                                  I drool a lot.

Comment

I drool a lot.
                                                    Being a slobber knocker I wouldn’t expect it to cum from the mouth, but if you say so..

Comment

Is Raising Canes involved in any of this?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRainKing View Post
                                                        Is Raising Canes involved in any of this?
                                                        I hope so

Comment

Being a slobber knocker I wouldn’t expect it to cum from the mouth, but if you say so..
                                                          See, you have that hillbilly attitude, aka, Deliverance. We don't do that shit here!

Comment

See, you have that hillbilly attitude, aka, Deliverance. We don't do that shit here!
                                                            I do. And you have a pretty mouth.

Comment

I do. And you have a pretty mouth.
                                                              I wonder how that works out at Arkansas games? "Squeal like a pig!"

Comment

I wonder how that works out at Arkansas games? "Squeal like a pig!"
                                                                I have a gif to show ya. Will not upload, but I’m working on it bud.

Comment

Slobber

Got it

Im being friendly, @Slobber

But I will will absolutely get to telling OU figs where they stand.

They are entering a world they don’t know or understand

Believe it or not, I’m about to tell em how the cow eat the cabbage without sugarcoating shit, like ?believe or not) I have.

It gets worse from my word, believe that or not. I been trying to be nice. It won’t be just bad….demoralizing is more like it.
                                                                  Last edited by SEC; 04-22-2022, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Slobber

You deleted yer last intro. It was good. Why?

I will be bold.

Comment

Jamelle got that much in the 80s before inflation

Comment

Originally posted by lash View Post
                                                                        Jamelle got that much in the 80s before inflation
                                                                        Who.gif?

Comment

Who.gif?

Oh, good gawd.

Jamelle Holieway -- the first true freshman QB in college football history to win a NC. And the last Wishbone QB to win a NC. Fur coats and pink Caddy's...

Fuckin Millennials don't know shit.

Comment

Slobber

You deleted yer last intro. It was good. Why?

I will be bold.
                                                                            ?

Comment

#39

Oh, good gawd.

Jamelle Holieway -- the first true freshman QB in college football history to win a NC. And the last Wishbone QB to win a NC. Fur coats and pink Caddy's...

Fuckin Millennials don't know shit.
                                                                              Watch it, punk. I’m no millennial and you ain’t talking about folks I know like Archie…

Comment

#40

?
                                                                                I thought I saw a good post by you and then I didn’t see it, like you deleted it.

No worries. In any way, I will explain my thoughts. Sorry if I misconstrued yer post. Yes, I said, Yer… that fks up many here to include my pod, Stinger_1066 …if it’s not absolutely abstract or positive English correct, he’s confused and lost as
                                                                                a mtfkr…
                                                                                Last edited by SEC; 04-23-2022, 12:51 AM.

Comment

#41

I thought I saw a good post by you and then I didn’t see it, like you deleted it.
                                                                                  You are right! I don't see that post!

Comment

#42

Watch it, punk. I’m no millennial and you ain’t talking about folks I know like Archie…

You're a Southern Millennial troll that's seen Youtube highlights of Archie and couldn't describe a Wishbone formation without help from Daddy Google.

Fuck off.

Comment

#43

You're a Southern Millennial troll that's seen Youtube highlights of Archie and couldn't describe a Wishbone formation without help from Daddy Google.

Fuck off.
                                                                                      You a funny fk. Don’t push yer little bit of luck, hamburger.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by MikeLucky View Post

Would you prefer that OU did nothing and waited to catch up? What the fuck kind of fear is this? If OU wins a natty are you going to be upset because other schools will want to beat us now? Lol
                                                                                        Not at all, I said I was glad , also made some post saying OU better get with the program $$$ wise

Comment

#45

Are we sure this isn’t a kopp0e sock? The word usage is very similar.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            great teams aren't just built around 2 or 3 superstars who make a lot of money, you need second and third team guys for depth, you need someone to snap to the punter, you need a holder on field goals, a program like this insures that you have the depth you need which should in turn lure in the superstar qb and running back that can still draw the big money but knowing he has the people around him to make him look good.

Comment

#47

I can always tell when the sec fanboi has been drinking all night. Momma always said nothing good ever happens after midnight.

Comment

#48

any reason you always reduce yourself to name-calling on here?

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by gratefulRed View Post

any reason you always reduce yourself to name-calling on here?
                                                                                                  I could tell you why, but we'd have to go to the politics forum.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    It’s great to have Venable’s in charge of the football program. He can’t be directly involved with NIL, but the direction he is pushing the program allows Oklahoma to do things that would not have happened if we kept the same coach. He didn’t have the knowledge, background or energy to be the CEO of a big program, but Venables does.

Venables learned from Snyder, Stoops and Swinney.
                                                                                                    Venables can connect with younger players, but also old donors. Riley could connect with players during recruiting, but my perception is he didn’t know how to connect to everyone else.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1