First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have the next Emmitt Smith

Haven't been able to read the spring game thread just yet.

Football RB Jovantae Barnes, true freshman, is going to be the next Emmitt Smith.

//end thread

Sorry, I butchered this. Tawee Walker is who I'm talking about. Wore jersey number 29 in the spring game.

Comment

He'll be a great walk-on IF he doesn't have fumble-itis.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

This thread did not get much play for a drunken Sunday night post misidentifying the next Emmitt Smith on our roster.

Comment

Walker stood out to me too. I didn't see no Emmit Smith though. I saw more Q mixed with Jacob Gutierrez and a dash of Barry Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Lout View Post
              This thread did not get much play for a drunken Sunday night post misidentifying the next Emmitt Smith on our roster.
              That's because he isn't even on the roster. Go check SS.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Bustarime View Post
                Sorry, I butchered this. Tawee Walker is who I'm talking about. Wore jersey number 29 in the spring game.

I’d say we have the 1st Tawee Walker, since Emmitt Smith went to school at a (future) league foe…

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

That's because he isn't even on the roster. Go check SS.com.
                  Correct. That's one reason I fumbled the snap. The other, somehow my DVR erased the whole game as if it never happened. I couldn't go back and identify the guy until I found the game on Youtube, after I started this thread.

Anyway, Walker looked outstanding. That great mix of power, speed, and vision. Not only that, I think he passes the big buttocks test. He's the whole package. Just nobody knows yet except us.

Comment

Not even listed on the official roster.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahSooner83 View Post
                      Not even listed on the official roster.
                      I think there is some sort of NCAA rule that says you can have only three Walkers on your official roster. We are over the limit on Walkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

I think there is some sort of NCAA rule that says you can have only three Walkers on your official roster. We are over the limit on Walkers.
                        That is correct, Mr. Walker.

Comment

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/...k-tawee-walker
                          Walker had 875 yards and eight touchdowns in 11 games last season at Palomar College in California.

Comment

He apparently showed up in the night about 2 weeks ago on a Greyhound bus. Completely under the radar. Nothing but a Popeil's pocket fisherman and a ham sandwich in a paper sack.

Comment

Tawee Walker (Centennial HS AZ) Highlights vs Bishop Gorman ('18) - YouTube

Comment

I would like to see him perform in a game or three before I declare him the next Emmitt or Q or Gute or Barry.
                                Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
                                  I would like to see him perform in a game or three before I declare him the next Emmitt or Q or Gute or Barry.

Comment

He apparently showed up in the night about 2 weeks ago on a Greyhound bus. Completely under the radar. Nothing but a Popeil's pocket fisherman and a ham sandwich in a paper sack.
                                    Paper sack? Ugh… we want lunch pails. Why is it so hard for coaches to understand that?!?

Comment

How big is his ass?

Comment

I'm just glad this wasn't about Marcus Major

Comment

Is he able to perform a drug robbery without being caught?

Comment

Found a few articles on this kid. Won’t post here but Interesting journey to get to OU. Started off in LV, led his team to the state championship game. I’m guessing that’s where he popped up on DeMarco’s radar. Transferred to Arizona and led team to a undefeated title. Only D1 offer was Jackson State. Apparently he broke his leg in the 5th grade at the growth plate and doctors had to break the other leg so they would be the same length. Limited his height but he’s a gym rat which is good. Says he’d never been to Oklahoma, but jumped at the opportunity to play for Murray. He’ll be one of those guys that’s easy to root for if he can find success at this level.

Comment

Daniel Brooks was a spring game all star every year. Never saw the field during the season. No shade at him at al. ​​​​​​It just moreso seems that's the way it goes. Kendall Dennis looked good in last years game, never saw the field this past year. He made plays Saturday too, so we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post

Paper sack? Ugh… we want lunch pails. Why is it so hard for coaches to understand that?!?
                                                J Paul Getty carried his lunch to work every day in a brown paper bag, wore overalls and a Fedora.

Comment

Looking forward to the use of that Popeil's on a trick play of some kind. Should be a whopper.

Comment

Originally posted by Baer Creighton View Post

J Paul Getty carried his lunch to work every day in a brown paper bag, wore overalls and a Fedora.
                                                    Amon Carter would drive to meetings in Dallas and bring a sack lunch rather than contribute to the Dallas economy.

Comment

Emmitt Smith?

Really?

Been watching too many old YouTube videos much?

Comment

Originally posted by BobStoopsReal View Post
                                                        Found a few articles on this kid. Won’t post here but Interesting journey to get to OU. Started off in LV, led his team to the state championship game. I’m guessing that’s where he popped up on DeMarco’s radar. Transferred to Arizona and led team to a undefeated title. Only D1 offer was Jackson State. Apparently he broke his leg in the 5th grade at the growth plate and doctors had to break the other leg so they would be the same length. Limited his height but he’s a gym rat which is good. Says he’d never been to Oklahoma, but jumped at the opportunity to play for Murray. He’ll be one of those guys that’s easy to root for if he can find success at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by Lout View Post
                                                          the thread was double-secret ended

Comment

I really hate it when fans compare a guy who’s never played a down to an NFL hall of famer. Then, they get upset when he doesn’t have a hall of fame career.

Be excited but don’t be stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                                              I really hate it when fans compare a guy who’s never played a down to an NFL hall of famer. Then, they get upset when he doesn’t have a hall of fame career.

Be excited but don’t be stupid.
                                                              Hey, stick it up your ass. Other than that, you can be sure he's the next Emmitt.

Comment

Comment

All I'm going to say is we have seen enough special players at OU that had less than stellar prep credentials or offers to end up being big surprises to dismiss any of them.

Comment

I'll wait to see if he ever starts before the anointinf begins

Comment

Hey, stick it up your ass. Other than that, you can be sure he's the next Emmitt.
                                                                      I hope you’re right but it’s a bit premature. I’m sure your wife is used to that tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Baer Creighton View Post

Fine, but what was his YPC average, and how many career TDs did he book?

Comment

Everybody's the next somebody until they're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
                                                                            Everybody's the next somebody until they're not.

Comment

#39
                                                                              So let me tell you about his performance against the Sooner's defense. He blocked well for the quarterback, aka Dillon. He sat back there, wearing the 29. Blocking, and blocking.

He took his first run snap and headed East Northwest towards Braum's. He rounded the corner just before the light turned red and hauled ass down the outer sideline for a quick 5 yard gain. During the tackle, he rolled over like a top, and pivoted back to his feet before he hit a concrete barrier, stopping his forward momenum.

Then, he took it upfield and did a Barry Sanders rotation, heading south Southeast, unexpectedly. The commentators were talking to Baker Hayfield and not paying attention. They were asking how many bales of hay he had.

Suddenly, he took off running and plastered a guy, sending him tumbling over. He kept running for a while. Great flezzibility and tendon control.

HIs ass grew, especially in the 4th quarter. It became enormous, and thus, he gained increasingly more yardage and tumbled on the field, uprighting himself and continuing toward the end zone where I think he scored either 1 or two touchdowns.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Walker stood out to me too. I didn't see no Emmit Smith though. I saw more Q mixed with Jacob Gutierrez and a dash of Barry Sanders.
                                                                                I wanna see Sawchuk.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by echo101 View Post

I wanna see Sawchuk.
                                                                                  How much wood can a Sawchuk chuck?

Comment

#42
                                                                                    So let me tell you about his performance against the Sooner's defense. He blocked well for the quarterback, aka Dillon. He sat back there, wearing the 29. Blocking, and blocking.

He took his first run snap and headed East Northwest towards Braum's. He rounded the corner just before the light turned red and hauled ass down the outer sideline for a quick 5 yard gain. During the tackle, he rolled over like a top, and pivoted back to his feet before he hit a concrete barrier, stopping his forward momenum.

Then, he took it upfield and did a Barry Sanders rotation, heading south Southeast, unexpectedly. The commentators were talking to Baker Hayfield and not paying attention. They were asking how many bales of hay he had.

Suddenly, he took off running and plastered a guy, sending him tumbling over. He kept running for a while. Great flezzibility and tendon control.

HIs ass grew, especially in the 4th quarter. It became enormous, and thus, he gained increasingly more yardage and tumbled on the field, uprighting himself and continuing toward the end zone where I think he scored either 1 or two touchdowns.
                                                                                    Sounds like a Weeble. They wobble, but they don't fall down.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Bootleggers Boy View Post

Fine, but what was his YPC average, and how many career TDs did he book?
                                                                                      I'm sure he could care less, he was the first "billionaire" in the U.S., you could probably ask people on here if they knew him and half of them would say they were related to him.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

I hope you’re right but it’s a bit premature. I’m sure your wife is used to that tho.
                                                                                        Now, now, now....

see what you get for "hating" something...

Comment

#45

Is that Bill Shakespeare?

Comment

#46
                                                                                            For clarification my favorite players are the ones that come to OU. I'm curious about Tawee and why he chose to play for OU rather than play for a team in the PAC. If anyone has the answer I'd be interested in hearing..

Comment

#47

For clarification my favorite players are the ones that come to OU. I'm curious about Tawee and why he chose to play for OU rather than play for a team in the PAC. If anyone has the answer I'd be interested in hearing..
                                                                                              Because he’s not fucking retarded? Or gay?

Comment

#48

Because he’s not fucking retarded? Or gay?
                                                                                                I wasn't sure about retarded and gay players in the PAC but that sounds plausible. I guess I was just assuming all of those queer dumbfucks went to texsux. Thank you the insight.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Any thread that manages to mention Ron Popeil is a winner

Comment

#50

I hate to be the one to give you a straight answer but...

Tawee Walker wasn't recruited by anyone. Out of HS his only offer was Jackson State. From what I can tell out of Palomar he didn't really get any interest from anyone on an official level. Reading between the lines it would appear that Demarco knew about Tawee because he grew up in Vegas.

Hopefully if he ends up being an NFL Hall of Famer more of his story will come out.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1