First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by novasooner View Post
    Whether or not anyone can prove it's tampering (and we all know good and damn well that he's tampered), TBOW is taking quite the hit to his precious reputation. Even Texas fans on Twitter are calling him a sleazebag.
    Well if there was any doubt left, that settles it.

Comment

Originally posted by kopp0e View Post
      Hey, no cheating here, Pitt dude isn't in portal yet (ahem, but he is on the shuttle).?!

If Oklahoma can meet USC in a CFP tilt, I think most would root for OU v USC eh..?
      He kinda helped someone blow his cover, not exactly travelling incognito.

Comment

Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post

People here slobber all over recruits trying to recruit other recruits with a catchy slogan for the year. They are all for former players trying to recruit, current players trying to recruit yet are simply aghast and mortified that players on other teams trying to get their peers to hit the portal for a better opportunity.
        That is because there IS NO better opportunity. Punto final, y lo firmo.

Comment

Originally posted by novasooner View Post
          Whether or not anyone can prove it's tampering (and we all know good and damn well that he's tampered), TBOW is taking quite the hit to his precious reputation. Even Texas fans on Twitter are calling him a sleazebag.
          What does Timmy have to do with this?

Comment

https://twitter.com/JackMacCFB/status/

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
              https://twitter.com/JackMacCFB/status/

​​​​​
              But, but, but - he said NIL was not a factor!?

I saw that it takes a couple of days between submitting papers to the portal and it becoming effective due to some administrative overhead. So he probably had already submitted when the story came out. This case could end up being a key for some new regulations. A player recognized as the best at his position transferring when there was no coaching change at his current school or other obvious motivating factor. Of course, he could still end up back at Pitt if he wasn't fibbing about that possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post

You keep confusing Tebow with TBOW.

Besides the obvious spelling difference, Tebow is a former football player, and TBOW is a lying, conniving, slimy little cunt.

Hope this helps clear things up for you.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Orangejello Jones View Post
                    I hate to be that guy but weren't there some butthurt people making veiled inuendo's about us when the bitch pulled in the dudes from Tennessee and the WR from Arkansas?
                    I doubt there was zero contact before they were in the portal. I figured we did it at the time and didn’t care, and now I’m sure we did and still don’t really care. Tennessee did that to themselves by paying recruits with no consequences and still sucking, so that’s the other side of that story anyway.

Tampering is borderline unenforceable even if some entity had both the resources and the will to try to enforce it, which nobody does. I care more about the deregulation of everything else that made tampering an issue. Tampering wasn’t a word associated with college sports until the free one-time transfer with no windows or deadlines of any sort. Like at least start there. The day spring practice starts at the school where you’re enrolled, you are on that team until January 1 or you sit. Put some time limits on the shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermit View Post
                      Well, well, well… if it isn’t USC doing exactly what I said they’d be doing with NIL all the way back before Riley ever bolted from Oklahoma.
                      There’s a very good reason they wanted him so badly. Between his age and reputation as a recruiter and “innovator” of offensive philosophy met with USC’s deep pockets and willingness to bend and break every rule in the NIL/NCAA book, they know one way or another they can cheat their way back to the top just like they did with NoPete.

Comment

Originally posted by 49cent View Post

Well, well, well… if it isn’t USC doing exactly what I said they’d be doing with NIL all the way back before Riley ever bolted from Oklahoma.
                        There’s a very good reason they wanted him so badly. Between his age and reputation as a recruiter and “innovator” of offensive philosophy met with USC’s deep pockets and willingness to bend and break every rule in the NIL/NCAA book, they know one way or another they can cheat their way back to the top just like they did with NoPete.
                        He'll have to learn how to scheme against zone coverage AND, more importantly, teach tackling...but yeah...

Comment

Regarding tampering, I'm pretty sure it isn't that if the coaches weren't involved in contacting him, etc. However, you've gotta be shitting me if you think that such an NIL deal wasn't already in place somehow, or that FULR was oblivious to one being prepared. But again, this all goes to pay for play, which is still technically AGAINST THE RULES. But now everybody, including OU, is guaranteeing 50k per football scholarship athlete. How is that not also against the rules? A line has to be drawn somewhere. Tampering or not, the rules against such things apply to boosters as well, so the schools (including OU) distancing themselves officially from NIL opportunities just seem like lip service. What a clusterfuck. This is why Emmert needed to go. Zero leadership on his part. Zero anticipation of this as a consequence of the NIL ruling in the SCOTUS.

That said, all this money and a house and shit. Too much for a college kid to handle with a player's coach like FULR. You're lavishing these kids with riches and not providing any discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by Socalisooner View Post

People here slobber all over recruits trying to recruit other recruits with a catchy slogan for the year. They are all for former players trying to recruit, current players trying to recruit yet are simply aghast and mortified that players on other teams trying to get their peers to hit the portal for a better opportunity.
                            Don't you literally have something a lot better to do?

Comment

Here's the other thing and the reason why it was obviously tampering. Kid wins best WR in the country last year and his transfer doesn't even start to come to light until right before the portal deadline. No time to visit campuses, no time for a bidding war or any of that stuff. It just suddenly comes out that he's hitting the portal and going to be USC-bound and only comes out because his coach is justifiably pissed off. It was all done under the radar, all done sneaky. And this was shit, by the way, that FULR couldn't pull off while at OU. He would miss out on nearly every big shot recruit except for QBs. This is how he snags the Biletnikoff winner-- nobody else knew he was even on the market so nobody else could swoop in.

Comment

Originally posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
                                Here's the other thing and the reason why it was obviously tampering. Kid wins best WR in the country last year and his transfer doesn't even start to come to light until right before the portal deadline. No time to visit campuses, no time for a bidding war or any of that stuff. It just suddenly comes out that he's hitting the portal and going to be USC-bound and only comes out because his coach is justifiably pissed off. It was all done under the radar, all done sneaky. And this was shit, by the way, that FULR couldn't pull off while at OU. He would miss out on nearly every big shot recruit except for QBs. This is how he snags the Biletnikoff winner-- nobody else knew he was even on the market so nobody else could swoop in.
                                And having the players recruit them keeps his hands clean on that front. Except for the paper trail of the supposed NIL deal, which is a big one, everything else could be covered up.

Comment

and TBOW stands for "that bitch out west"

Comment

My greatest fear is being realized. My enjoyment in college sports is being diminished. This mercenary mess is worse than the NFL. At least the NFL has a few speed bumps.

Comment

While I think it is very likely that there is tampering going on, the May 1 deadline was only for declaring entry into the portal, not to choose a new school. Now that he has declared, any school can recruit him.

Comment

https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/

Additional details emerge regarding possible tampering with Jordan Addison, USC

Additional details have emerged, highlighting potential USC involvement in recruiting Jordan Addison before he enters the NCAA Transfer Portal. Pittsburgh has alleged that USC is recruiting Addison away from their school with a possible NIL deal — while Addison has not yet entered the transfer portal.

Pittsburgh alleges USC of tampering in Jordan Addison recruiting

“Jordan Addison is not in the transfer portal, which means coaches from other teams cannot contact him,” detailed PantherLair.com. “[Also] Jordan Addison is in Los Angeles today.”

The explanation and information regarding Addison’s visit to Los Angeles comes after an earlier report that Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi called USC and spoke with coach Lincoln Riley regarding Addison. Narduzzi allegedly accused the Trojans of potential tampering, as Addison is not yet in the transfer portal and cannot be contacted by other schools. Addison has to enter the portal by May 1 to be eligible for next season after the transfer, without requiring a waiver.

While Jordan Addison being in Los Angeles does not directly implicate USC and any potential recruiting efforts, the timing of everything is raising questions from the college football world.

ESPN insider Pete Thamel on possible recruitment

“This is a really fascinating situation that’s suddenly thrust itself to the forefront of being the biggest story in all of college football,” Thamel said. “Jordan Addison won the Biletnikoff [Award] last year. He was a first-team All-American. The Pitt football staff has essentially accused USC of tampering in this situation. They feel strongly like USC is a possible destination.

“It’s to the point where Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi multiple times called USC coach Lincoln Riley yesterday and had some pointed conversations with him to express his displeasure. I really think we may look back on this as something in college football that’s a little bit of a pivot point. You have one of the most established stars in the sport who will find out in the next 18 hours whether or not he could go on the open market.”

Last year with Pittsburgh, Addison had 100 receptions for 1,593 yards and 17 touchdowns to help lead the Panthers to an 11-3 overall record, including a 7-1 mark in ACC play. He’s a potential preseason All-American candidate for the 2022 season and garnering some way-too-early 2023 NFL Draft hype. Jordan Addison joining USC could be a way to increase his star power even more, but Pitt does not seem to approve of how it is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomerSooner2578 View Post

and TBOW stands for "that bitch out west"
                                          I know it does and I think it's stupid.

Comment

And another story is added to the legend of Lincoln Riley.

Comment

The May 1 deadline was only for entering the portal - not for determining destination. All teams are now able to freely contact Addison and I saw 1 article linking him to some interest in the horns. I'm sure he's getting texts from all over. It was expected players would wait until close to the deadline so they would be finished with Spring ball.

Comment

Riley has no faith in himself. He can't raise a program from the ground up. It's imperative that he gets players who were developed by others.

Comment

ah.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermit View Post
                                                    I see the day coming very soon where players forgo the NFL draft because they can make more money in cfb.

Comment

A motivated coach and program could make life hell for Lincoln in these scenarios. Brent and co probably could have done so. Glad they did not. Not sure if Narduzzi fits the bill but he’s got little to lose putting the screws to Lincoln.

The more stink attaches to Lincoln, the harder it’ll be over the long term.

Comment

OU has a good story to tell Addison and I hope Lebby has reached out.

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post
                                                          I see the day coming very soon where players forgo the NFL draft because they can make more money in cfb.
                                                          Certainly the math will change quite a bit. Dropping from being a starter at a blue blood program down to a mid to late round draft pick or an undrafted free agent with a long shot at making an NFL active roster would be a huge pay cut.

Comment

Riley is turning into Urban Meyer version 2.0.

Comment

Regarding tampering, I'm pretty sure it isn't that if the coaches weren't involved in contacting him, etc. However, you've gotta be shitting me if you think that such an NIL deal wasn't already in place somehow, or that FULR was oblivious to one being prepared. But again, this all goes to pay for play, which is still technically AGAINST THE RULES. But now everybody, including OU, is guaranteeing 50k per football scholarship athlete. How is that not also against the rules? A line has to be drawn somewhere. Tampering or not, the rules against such things apply to boosters as well, so the schools (including OU) distancing themselves officially from NIL opportunities just seem like lip service. What a clusterfuck. This is why Emmert needed to go. Zero leadership on his part. Zero anticipation of this as a consequence of the NIL ruling in the SCOTUS.

That said, all this money and a house and shit. Too much for a college kid to handle with a player's coach like FULR. You're lavishing these kids with riches and not providing any discipline.
                                                              Winning cures a lot of the issues coaches deal with off the field. See: mid-late 80s Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by smusooner View Post
                                                                A motivated coach and program could make life hell for Lincoln in these scenarios. Brent and co probably could have done so. Glad they did not. Not sure if Narduzzi fits the bill but he’s got little to lose putting the screws to Lincoln.

The more stink attaches to Lincoln, the harder it’ll be over the long term.
                                                                I’ll say this much as a massive compliment to the Joes, Bob Stoops and our new staff— I’m pleased with how they’re turning the other cheek and pressing onward with OKLAHOMA issues rather than wasting breath and resources bitching about Riley. He made his bed. Literally is not being mentioned by name at massive OU football events including the honoring of Mayfield. Scratched from OU’s videos they use in advertising.
                                                                Good… the fans may not be over it but I’m glad to see those in charge are. Lincoln can sink or swim. OU isn’t helping him or even acknowledging his existence.
                                                                Let’s see how well the “Maestro from Muleshoe” can rebuild a program that’s been in the dumps since 2009. We all saw what Stoops and his troops could do with a program sucking hind tit in 1999. Riley has this far reaped the benefits of Leach, McRuffin and Stoops.

Comment

A lot of this has to do with age. These young guys are behaving like jilted lovers concerning Riley. Us old guys are just glad that the bitch is gone.

Comment

I’ll say this much as a massive compliment to the Joes, Bob Stoops and our new staff— I’m pleased with how they’re turning the other cheek and pressing onward with OKLAHOMA issues rather than wasting breath and resources bitching about Riley. He made his bed. Literally is not being mentioned by name at massive OU football events including the honoring of Mayfield. Scratched from OU’s videos they use in advertising.
                                                                    Good… the fans may not be over it but I’m glad to see those in charge are. Lincoln can sink or swim. OU isn’t helping him or even acknowledging his existence.
                                                                    Let’s see how well the “Maestro from Muleshoe” can rebuild a program that’s been in the dumps since 2009. We all saw what Stoops and his troops could do with a program sucking hind tit in 1999. Riley has this far reaped the benefits of Leach, McRuffin and Stoops.
                                                                    Well said and I am also very glad BV and company are only focused on the future of the program - a future that looks really bright from where I sit.

As far as LR's chances at USC? Well, he took Grinch and Wiley with him - what's that saying about actions, expected results and insanity again?

And who's this McRuffin character? The McDonalds version of Ruffin McNeill?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

A lot of this has to do with age. These young guys are behaving like jilted lovers concerning Riley. Us old guys are just glad that the bitch is gone.
                                                                      Ding.... He/she beats me... why do you stay??? Cause I love em... Sheer idiocy. LMAO

Does it matter what that staff does at sc other than confirm what most thought about him/them anyways. NOPE.

Captain Kettleballs will have that OL getting tossed around like rag dolls soon enough, especially by the UTES.

JMO, posting tebow pics just adds stupid on top of stupid, As though doing it will stop those from using the acronym. Congrats to all...

Carry on.

Comment

Yes, agree with Velo, well said. Particularly the part about wasted time and resources.

I'm also glad OU leadership is turning the cheek and focused on getting OU football back to the next level. Anything else is a distraction and breeds negativity.

Says a lot about our program and leadership! Brent may be the most positive minded, high energy coach we've had at OU. Love that aspect of what he brings.

It's who he is and he just needs to continue being that guy. Not some dude chasing after "not fair" and "woulda coulda shoulda".

Comment

ha, you're right. Who would have thought? Afraid of that key impact player going pro? nonsense, just toss a few million his way

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner in SoCal View Post

Ding.... He/she beats me... why do you stay??? Cause I love em... Sheer idiocy. LMAO

Does it matter what that staff does at sc other than confirm what most thought about him/them anyways. NOPE.

Captain Kettleballs will have that OL getting tossed around like rag dolls soon enough, especially by the UTES.

JMO, posting tebow pics just adds stupid on top of stupid, As though doing it will stop those from using the acronym. Congrats to all...

Carry on.
                                                                            Hey kettle balls serve their purpose. Especially for cross fitters and cross training endurance athletes :)

Comment

#88
                                                                              Excellent point. And wild to think about.

Comment

#89

This and "Muleshoe" make OU fans look bad.

Comment

#90
                                                                                  Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post

That's why I call him CAFF.

Comment

#91
                                                                                    Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

Using my compass, what direction should I look for the Bitch?

Comment

#92
                                                                                      I think it would be interesting if Pitt chose to sue Riley and not USC for breaking NCAA rules on tampering and consequently causing financial damages to their university. They should make it very personal and expose other tampering with other players/schools so they can show wanton disregard for institutional authority and take a hefty portion of his $110M stash. I promise that if they were successful in that suit that future tampering by ANY coach across the NCAA would come to a skidding halt.

Comment

#93
                                                                                        Originally posted by SoonerBurglar View Post

Except without those national championship things.

Comment

#94
                                                                                          Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

That's why I call him CAFF.
                                                                                          That's over the line.

Comment

#95
                                                                                            Originally posted by SoonerBurglar View Post
                                                                                            I agree but he’s still missing those trophies.

Comment

#96
                                                                                              So the NIL deals are actually going to save college football?
                                                                                              BOOMER!

Comment

#97
                                                                                                Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post

The May 1 deadline was only for entering the portal - not for determining destination. All teams are now able to freely contact Addison and I saw 1 article linking him to some interest in the horns. I'm sure he's getting texts from all over. It was expected players would wait until close to the deadline so they would be finished with Spring ball.
                                                                                                This is a fair point, but there's a reason this didn't leak out until Narduzzi got wind that he was leaving. This was all being done sneaky and shifty.

I know there is talk given to "the coaching fraternity", but there's a lot of truth to it. This won't just hurt FULR in Pittsburgh.

Comment

#98

This is a fair point, but there's a reason this didn't leak out until Narduzzi got wind that he was leaving. This was all being done sneaky and shifty.

I know there is talk given to "the coaching fraternity", but there's a lot of truth to it. This won't just hurt FULR in Pittsburgh.
                                                                                                  I watched a video streaming on CBS sports saying that there had been some coaching changes at Pitt and they will have a new OC. This guy they interviewed claimed to be a local reporter that covered the Pitt program. He said there were rumors of Addison thinking of transferring way back in Dec/Jan. He also confirmed that not only are Addition and CW friends, but their families are good friends as well. I suspect this story is more complicated than the click-bait headlines would lead us to believe.

Comment

#99
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Jive Turkey11 View Post

ha, you're right. Who would have thought? Afraid of that key impact player going pro? nonsense, just toss a few million his way
                                                                                                    I can certainly see guys that aren't projected to go in the first round seeing that they might have a better deal in college.

Comment

Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post

You should have heard what OU fans were calling Gomer Jones back in the day.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1