First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooners in the 2023 NFL Draft

Could be a lean year for us. I think Mims, Redmond, Stripling, and maybe Turk have a decent shot. A couple juniors could jump if they have big years. Hopefully, people start getting better advice from the new staff, though.

Eric Gray is a senior and likely gone.

Key Lawrence could be gone if he has a good year.

I can't remember which podcast I was listening to. Maybe it was the SoonerScoop one post spring game but they seem to think Gabriel is gone if he has a big year.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
      Eric Gray is a senior and likely gone.

Key Lawrence could be gone if he has a good year.

I can't remember which podcast I was listening to. Maybe it was the SoonerScoop one post spring game but they seem to think Gabriel is gone if he has a big year.
      If Kennedy Brooks can’t get drafted, I can’t see how Gray will. Not saying he won’t leave, but I think he’ll be an UDFA if he does. I hope Gabriel has the type of year that puts him in a position to jump, but I can’t see it.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerbms View Post

If Kennedy Brooks can’t get drafted, I can’t see how Gray will. Not saying he won’t leave, but I think he’ll be an UDFA if he does. I hope Gabriel has the type of year that puts him in a position to jump, but I can’t see it.
        Gray has more speed and big play ability and return ability.

Brooks never looks near as good as he is if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post

Gray has more speed and big play ability and return ability.

Brooks never looks near as good as he is if that makes sense.
          Eye of the beholder. Brooks always looked much better than Gray to me, and this case, the stats totally agree. When I saw the Gray highlights from the Vols when he transferred, I totally didn't get the hype. Looked like a serviceable D1 back. Nothing he did at OU changed my view. Now he could make a big jump and Lebby's scheme may suit him better and elevate his stock. He can catch the ball and I don't think LR used him well enough in that role. He will likely do better at combines than Brooks too.

Comment

Originally posted by Velo Sooner View Post

Eye of the beholder. Brooks always looked much better than Gray to me, and this case, the stats totally agree. When I saw the Gray highlights from the Vols when he transferred, I totally didn't get the hype. Looked like a serviceable D1 back. Nothing he did at OU changed my view. Now he could make a big jump and Lebby's scheme may suit him better and elevate his stock. He can catch the ball and I don't think LR used him well enough in that role. He will likely do better at combines than Brooks too.
            Although they aren't exactly the same stylistically and Gray was a better receiver...

In the end Gray was basically the same as if TJ Pledger never left in terms of effectiveness.

Pledger ended up UDFA as did his good buddy Bookie.
            +
            Last edited by Ruprecht; 05-03-2022, 05:00 PM.

Comment

This also might be the year that our streak of having four or more players drafted ends.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerbms View Post
                This also might be the year that our streak of having four or more players drafted ends.
                I wasn't so sure that we would have had 4 drafted this year so you never know.

Comment

why did calcatera let lincoln go to smu ?

Comment

2023 is supposed to be a big qb yr...maybe another reaon Gabriel stays.

Comment

Anton Harrison is getting mentioned as a possible 1st rounder.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/ea...-11th-overall/

Comment

Gray was misused last year. I won’t write him off until he gets his chance in the new system.

I expect Gabriel to go.

White and Ugwoegbu will have to give it a shot, but they need a breakout year or they’ll be UDFAs.

Wease could have another season but I doubt he’ll want to stay if Gabriel doesn’t.

Woodi will get drafted and could play himself pretty far up the board.

Originally posted by BobStoopsReal View Post

That is quite the take
                        Last edited by AppySooner; 05-05-2022, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Well, his first step should be solidifying his spot as a starter at OU…not 100% sure he’s there yet

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

Well, his first step should be solidifying his spot as a starter at OU…not 100% sure he’s there yet
                            Lol would help.

Comment

You sure that isn’t for the USFL draft?

Comment

Reports on twitter that Du’vonta Lampkin has died. Not sure about the details.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                  <dislike :( >

Comment

Originally posted by Basel90 View Post
                                    why did calcatera let lincoln go to smu ?
                                    wat

Comment

Wikipedia lists him as deceased.

Comment

Gunshot

Comment

Someone would be taking a pretty big risk drafting him now.

I'm so sorry...that was way too soon.

Comment

Kennedy Brooks signs a UDFA contract with the Eagles for 3 years and $2.57 million.

Comment

Bets on Brooks making the roster? I'm in.

Comment

So Brooks is going to be drafted in 2023 after signing with the Eagles? That's pretty cool.

Comment

I’m happy for KB. He was a great player for us, but this is an odd post on a thread about the 2023 Draft.

Comment

I was reading though some of the (predictiable) smart ass comments and wad thinking, "What the hell are they talking about"?

I could have sworn I posted that on the "Sooners in NFL Draft" thread.

I make no excuses

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                    X
                                                    UA-124223861-1