First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Announcement from OU

Gabe Ikard just announced on his podcast that OU is schedule to make a big announcement tomorrow that will effect OU Football and OU Athletics in general.

We're moving to the SEC.

Comment

The SEC is moving to us.

Comment

Originally posted by traxx View Post
        We're moving to the SEC.
        There is some rumors that is going around that OU Tier 3 will be on ESPN Plus.

Comment

One of you DB assholes better have donated a $100 billion dollars to recruiting budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Tydude View Post

Damn….was hoping it was a move to the SEC now. What a letdown.

Does this mean I won’t get my annual PPV game this fall?

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post
              The SEC is moving to us.
              That's some Yakov Smirnoff shit right there lol.

In Soviet Russia, SEC moves to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

Damn….was hoping it was a move to the SEC now. What a letdown.

Does this mean I won’t get my annual PPV game this fall?
                Means the PPV will only be the monthly ESPN+ payment.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                  One of you DB assholes better have donated a $100 billion dollars to recruiting budget.
                  I'm not giving up half my wealth for a college team that is doing fine already. Besides, those funds are earmarked for when my wife decides shake me down in divorce court.

Comment

Joe C retiring?

Yeah, probably not. Had to rethink it.

Comment

We're going to attempt to stop 4th down conversions this year?

Comment

There have been several people moving on from OU's sooner sports TV
                        Last edited by OU48A; 05-04-2022, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I'm sure some people will bitch about that.
                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

I'm sure some people will bitch about that.
                            It'll be better than SoonerSports stuff was. I did notice in buying it for a month on the spring game that payments end for Sooner Sports Network stuff in June.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                              Well, I was trying my little contribution outta the spotlight, but thanks to SoonerHank the cat is outta the bag now.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW View Post
                                Underrated post

Comment

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post

Means the PPV will only be the monthly ESPN+ payment.
                                  This would be nice, but I'm with the other guy, hoping SEC in '23...

Comment

Now that the

Comment

Originally posted by DoDSooner View Post

This would be nice, but I'm with the other guy, hoping SEC in '23...
                                      That will be an OU/Texas dual announcement and maybe the Big 12/SEC put out press releases first.

Comment

Originally posted by LT-OU View Post
                                        Joe C retiring?

Yeah, probably not. Had to rethink it.
                                        I have that announcement penciled in 1.5 years after we join the SEC. He'll oversee the transition, and then be heavily involved in picking his successor starting in the fall two years after we're in the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post

I have that announcement penciled in 1.5 years after we join the SEC. He'll oversee the transition, and then be heavily involved in picking his successor starting in the fall two years after we're in the SEC.
                                          Hard to believe, but he turns 65 this year. This seems like a logical scenario.

Comment

His successor will be Thad the man.

Comment

Brent is leaving to be the DC for shithead in cali.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer Sooner View Post

Hard to believe, but he turns 65 this year. This seems like a logical scenario.
                                                He's been the AD for about 25 years now. He'll be close to 30 if it's a couple years after the SEC move.

Comment

This would be awesome news for anyone that lives outside of the area. The Shitshow service they use now is so antiquated.

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post
                                                    Now that the
                                                    I agree completely. Well said.

Comment

Now that the
                                                      No way! It can't be that big.

Comment

Originally posted by Lout View Post
                                                        Brent is leaving to be the DC for shithead in cali.
                                                        Today is Star Wars Day, not April Fools

Comment

Now that the
                                                          You need to back off the covfefe

Comment

Originally posted by BMW View Post
                                                            Post of the Week...awarded.

Comment

doesn't this have something to do with that new NIL deal that has been mentioned???

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricSooner View Post
                                                                doesn't this have something to do with that new NIL deal that has been mentioned???
                                                                This news has nothing to do with the NIL

Comment

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/...rce=reddit.com

Comment

The NIL deal will use the TBA proprietary OU crypto. There will be a fan contest to name the crypto, winner gets a tidy sum in said crypto. I nominate: "SoonerCoin". At least, this is not entirely impossible.

Comment

Now that the

And they damn sure should be.

Comment

I noticed the Sooner Sports.com Director of Digital Media is leaving, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber View Post
                                                                          I noticed the Sooner Sports.com Director of Digital Media is leaving, too.
                                                                          He just took over for Mossman didn't he?

Comment

This says the future of the annual football PPV game is still unknown.
                                                                            Live Free or Die!

Comment

#39

We'll see. They used Fox Sports/Bally Sports graphics and sometimes announcers for those games so long. They will definitely change to ESPN graphics. They did change to using in house pbp guys like Plank last few years. I doubt the PPV game really makes as much as it used to.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post

We'll see. They used Fox Sports/Bally Sports graphics and sometimes announcers for those games so long. They will definitely change to ESPN graphics. They did change to using in house pbp guys like Plank last few years. I doubt the PPV game really makes as much as it used to.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Cjtaylor1388 View Post
                                                                                  His successor will be Thad the man.
                                                                                  I’ve wondered that myself

Comment

#42
                                                                                    https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co.../Oklahoma.aspx

ESPN+ and Oklahoma have agreed to the most expansive media-rights deal for an individual athletic program on the streaming service. ESPN+ will carry more than 100 live Oklahoma events, including one football game each season, some men’s and women’s basketball, studio shows and archived content. ESPN+ for the first time will create a landing page that directs viewers to “SoonerVision on ESPN+.” SoonerVision is Oklahoma’s in-house production arm. The new multiyear agreement will launch in August, in time for the start of fall events, and will carry live OU home events that are not picked up by linear channels. This content previously ran as part of Sooner Sports TV on Bally Sports Oklahoma and Bally Sports Southwest.

Financial terms were not released, but Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione told SBJ that “it would be worth more than what we’ve had previously.” The Sooners will join the SEC, which has all of its media rights with ESPN, no later than '25. “This deal is about access and reach,” Castiglione added. “I’m just happy that we’re going to be able to continue to offer more than 1,000 hours annually of live content.”
                                                                                    More content than any other school on ESPN+ and more money than we were getting before, so all in all, a nice deal.

Comment

#43

I never knew why anyone would wanna view paper.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Yes, I'm technically challenged. How does one go about getting ESPN+? PPV was a pain in the ass, but pretty simple. I'm assuming this ESPN+ requires a monthly subscription? Can you get it via youtube TV, satellite (DISH, DirectTV) or do you have to have a computer to watch it? If you purchase it can you use it anywhere you happen to be?

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                                                                                          Yes, I'm technically challenged. How does one go about getting ESPN+? PPV was a pain in the ass, but pretty simple. I'm assuming this ESPN+ requires a monthly subscription? Can you get it via youtube TV, satellite (DISH, DirectTV) or do you have to have a computer to watch it? If you purchase it can you use it anywhere you happen to be?
                                                                                          There is an app for it and separate subscription so it’ll be like watching YouTubeTV, Netflix or Amazon Prime on your TV,. Either directly using an app on your TV, or via a Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire stick box.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by FtwTxSooner View Post

There is an app for it and separate subscription so it’ll be like watching YouTubeTV, Netflix or Amazon Prime on your TV,. Either directly using an app on your TV, or via a Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire stick box.
                                                                                            So we have the firestick deal, but there's all sorts of sports channels it doesn't have/allow (like LHN), and blacks out every Cardinals (and other teams) baseball games on MLB. In short, it sucks.

Comment

#47

So we have the firestick deal, but there's all sorts of sports channels it doesn't have/allow (like LHN), and blacks out every Cardinals (and other teams) baseball games on MLB. In short, it sucks.
                                                                                              That should not be the case with ESPN+.
                                                                                              Live Free or Die!

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Currently ESPN+ is $5.99ish. I have mine basically free. My wife likes Hulu content and kids want the Disney+ and you can bundle all 3 for the same price as Hulu and Disney ($15.99/month or so).

Comment

#49

Search ESPN+ on your firestick and install that. Then set up your subscription to ESPN+. After you do that, any time you open the ESPN+ app on your firestick you should be able to watch whatever they have available. You can also get the app on your phone.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Sweet. Six dollar PPV. I'm in

#Don'tBePoor #FuckYourStupidMeme

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1