First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

This says the future of the annual football PPV game is still unknown.
    Damn, I hope we don’t lose our annual PPV right of passage….it’s tradition. I love the irony of people bitching about spending $50 on something they allegedly had love so much.

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post
      Now that the
      Yes?

Comment

This is great. My wife got one of those combo Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ subscriptions, and I'm now glad we have it. Sure beats the PPV games and the subscription packages with Bally Sports.

Plus, ESPN is now our partner. Therefore, this content can be easily moved to the SEC Network and SEC Network alternate channels when the time comes.

One thing I noticed: Financial terms weren't disclosed. Joe C. only said that we were getting paid more. I believe this will come into play with an early exit from the Big 12. We're either getting paid SEC money for our Tier 3 content, or ESPN is going to use this to buy us out of the Big 12 early.

There are lots of moving parts.

Comment

So I guess Softball, Baseball other sports will be on ESPN+ next year.

Comment

Comment

So we go from free content to another paid subscription and you people are happy? I don't get it.
              I guess the Sunday night coaches show, and all game re-runs will be gone unless you pay?

Comment

Stinky Joe says we'll just rely on the board and the guys who normally put stuff up on You Tube. For some reason when someone mentions "Disney" I feel like I need to take a shower. besides... they don't like accepting my gold mapleleaf's for payment.

Comment

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/5...agreement.aspx

Here is the full press release with a nice long FAQ for those of you new to this streaming thing...

Comment

Not sure I’ll want to give ESPN money but it’s a solid amount of content and yet another reminder of where OU athletics stands nationally. OU is a coveted asset.

Originally posted by NickZepp84 View Post
                    I’m guessing “25+ OU basketball games” is like “20+ OU women’s basketball games,” right? Not gonna knock it though, the way things are going they might be more watchable than the men for a year or two

Comment

This deal is going to give the families of many athletes who want to watch their son or daughter play sport more and higher quality access than SSTV, perhaps removing an obstacle for some far away recruits who are interested in playing for OU.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

So we have the firestick deal, but there's all sorts of sports channels it doesn't have/allow (like LHN), and blacks out every Cardinals (and other teams) baseball games on MLB. In short, it sucks.
                        Originally posted by traxx View Post
                        Search ESPN+ on your firestick and install that. Then set up your subscription to ESPN+. After you do that, any time you open the ESPN+ app on your firestick you should be able to watch whatever they have available. You can also get the app on your phone.
                        If you are a Verizon subscriber you may be able to get a discount on the Disney+ bundle.
                        Live Free or Die!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tydude View Post

There is some rumors that is going around that OU Tier 3 will be on ESPN Plus.

I'm sure some people will bitch about that.
                            I was right.

Originally posted by Koby Teeth View Post
                            So we go from free content to another paid subscription and you people are happy? I don't get it.
                            I guess the Sunday night coaches show, and all game re-runs will be gone unless you pay?
                            Live Free or Die!

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see this as a "big" announcement. A football game that people don't really want to watch (that's why it is tier 3), and a bunch of other stuff that people don't really want to watch. Good for some fans who are interested? Sure. Big? Not really.

Comment

For those of us out of state, this is amazing. We will finally get content. I already have ESPN+ for hockey and I could watch a ton of Big XII baseball and softball games. Unfortunately it was hardly ever OU.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
                                  Maybe it's just me, but I don't see this as a "big" announcement. A football game that people don't really want to watch (that's why it is tier 3), and a bunch of other stuff that people don't really want to watch. Good for some fans who are interested? Sure. Big? Not really.
                                  This is a huge deal. Anytime we're getting more revenue from what you call "A football game that people don't really want to watch (that's why it is tier 3), and a bunch of other stuff that people don't really want to watch" that's already a win. But, easier and cheaper access to all things OU anywhere in the country? That's an amazing thing that the university has secured.

So yes, it's just you. Lol

Comment

I was right.

Care to enlighten me how this is a good thing?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLucky View Post

This is a huge deal. Anytime we're getting more revenue from what you call "A football game that people don't really want to watch (that's why it is tier 3), and a bunch of other stuff that people don't really want to watch" that's already a win. But, easier and cheaper access to all things OU anywhere in the country? That's an amazing thing that the university has secured.

So yes, it's just you. Lol
                                      Not to mention it has to help with recruiting in baseball and softball (not that we need it) because they will be on TV a lot more outside of Oklahoma. I’ve been able to watch 6x as many OSU Baseball/Softball games the last few years. It is irritating.

edit: Basketball as well.
                                      Last edited by BoomerSooner33; 05-05-2022, 10:31 AM.

Comment

So, pay for espn and also pay for espn+. Those greedy bastards.

Comment

Care to enlighten me how this is a good thing?
                                          Some sports will be on TV a lot more nationally. We may start getting shows that give you an inside look at the program that is only available on ESPN+ (See OSU football and Baylor basketball shows). It will certainly help with recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Aged Man View Post
                                            People here don't want to watch an OU game. Am I in the wrong message board?

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                              So, pay for espn and also pay for espn+. Those greedy bastards.
                                              I was skeptical at first but they did a great job with ESPN+. Crap load of content. Golf and NHL coverage is worth it alone.

Comment

People here don't want to watch an OU game. Am I in the wrong message board?
                                                I think its a good thing and obviously necessary for the move to the SEC. A big announcement? Nah. It’s just an announcement.

A big announcement is the DirtBurglars Initiative where all the DB billionaires donate to the recruiting budget.

Comment

He just took over for Mossman didn't he?
                                                  No, he is leaving OU and going to another sports entertainment company, based out of NY.

Comment

I have ESPN+ and enjoy a lot of what they offer on there already, so adding the Sooners to the long list is just icing on the cake. I think any exposure for OU is good news, but when it’s a unique partnership with THE network for sports, then it’s big news.
                                                    Last edited by FW_Sooner; 05-05-2022, 11:07 AM.

Comment

This will just be for a year of two until we get to the SEC and the SEC Network takes over our Tier 3 rights.

Comment

To all you poors out there bitching about yer monies, let me put it in perspective for you ( that means "let me tell you what fer"): For the price of a single teener of meth, you can easily watch the PPV game that would normally cost you an entire months worth of Go Powder. Qalso, you can do your meth right in front of the TV and not have to sneak into the bathroom of whatever Buffalo Wild Wings you go to watch that game for free.

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post
                                                          Now that the
                                                          tl;dr

Comment

Lol:

https://twitter.com/BoardGeniuses/status/

Oklahoma fans will soon have more ways to watch the Sooners in action from the comfort of their own living rooms.

According to Sports Business Journal, ESPN and Oklahoma have reached a deal to launch SoonerVision – a part of the ESPN+ subscription service that will carry more than 100 live Oklahoma athletic events. SoonerVision’s events will include one football game each season, some men’s and women’s basketball games, studio shows and archived content.

Sports Business Journal reports that the new multiyear agreement between ESPN and Oklahoma will launch in August and carry live Sooners’ home events “that are not picked up by linear channels.”

“It would be worth more than what we’ve had previously,” Oklahoma director of athletics Joe Castiglione said, via Sports Business Journal. “This deal is about access and reach. I’m just happy that we’re going to be able to continue to offer more than 1,000 hours annually of live content.”

Comment

Question: im in SEC country but OU football is televised almost every week on Fox here since its a big college team for Fox. Once we join the SEC im wonering if other SEC games may take precedence and OU games may be relegated to espn more... or even this espn+. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post

I agree completely. Well said.
                                                                Remember The?

Comment

Originally posted by Memphi View Post
                                                                  Question: im in SEC country but OU football is televised almost every week on Fox here since its a big college team for Fox. Once we join the SEC im wonering if other SEC games may take precedence and OU games may be relegated to espn more... or even this espn+. Thoughts?
                                                                  You may lose the regional games.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                                                                    Yes, I'm technically challenged. How does one go about getting ESPN+? PPV was a pain in the ass, but pretty simple. I'm assuming this ESPN+ requires a monthly subscription? Can you get it via youtube TV, satellite (DISH, DirectTV) or do you have to have a computer to watch it? If you purchase it can you use it anywhere you happen to be?
                                                                    you can get it free for a year by subscribing to a Verizon Unlimited cell phone plan. True, lots of laughs.

On a Roku type of device, you stream it. Cost is $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year. Or, subscribe to a bundle of Disney +, ESPN +, and HULU for $13.99 per month. I get it from the Verizon deal. There is a lot of decent content. Lots of NHL, boxing, college sports including Patty Gasso's team. A lot more live sports than what I thought. With OU getting on it, $6.99 is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post

you can get it free for a year by subscribing to a Verizon Unlimited cell phone plan. True, lots of laughs.

On a Roku type of device, you stream it. Cost is $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year. Or, subscribe to a bundle of Disney +, ESPN +, and HULU for $13.99 per month. I get it from the Verizon deal. There is a lot of decent content. Lots of NHL, boxing, college sports including Patty Gasso's team. A lot more live sports than what I thought. With OU getting on it, $6.99 is worth it.
                                                                      I've been with AT&T since cell phones came out. I get a 50% discount on all phones/accessories from my former job. Probably won't go the Verizon route.

My wife has that disney shit now for the grandkids, but I told her to cancel it cause you know why. If it's just $6.99 a month for stand-alone ESPN+ I'm pretty dang good with that...as long as the shit works like it's supposed to. Hells, I think she pays all of that now for disney.

Comment

Originally posted by soonergrad View Post
                                                                        This will just be for a year of two until we get to the SEC and the SEC Network takes over our Tier 3 rights.
                                                                        hope you're right.

espn+ can suck it.

Comment

Move as quickly as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW View Post
                                                                            We're going to attempt to stop 4th down conversions this year?
                                                                            Right after we learn how to tackle.

Comment

#88

I'm sure some people will bitch about that.
                                                                              6 of one half a dozen of the other except for the extra money OU will get. I use the Bally App to get Texas baseball so I have it. Most people hav ESPN+ bundled with Disney I ath a lot of college baseball on it.

Comment

#89
                                                                                Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post

hope you're right.

espn+ can suck it.
                                                                                and when it happens, most of the SEC basketball, baseball, and softball games will be on espn+ just like it is now.

Comment

#90

Who the fuck is "we"?

Comment

#91
                                                                                    Originally posted by BoomerSooner33 View Post

and when it happens, most of the SEC basketball, baseball, and softball games will be on espn+ just like it is now.
                                                                                    Wrong. "Most" of the SEC basketball, baseball, and softball games (not to mention women's gymnastics) are on the SEC Network.

Comment

#92
                                                                                      Originally posted by Tobias 2.0 View Post

Who the fuck is "we"?
                                                                                      Who the fuck isn’t “we”?

Comment

#93
                                                                                        The new SEC TV deal with ESPN starts in 2024. Their deal with CBS is good for 2022 and 2023.

All SEC games will be on an ESPN network: ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC Network, SEC Network alternate channel. There will also be ESPN+ (or SEC Network+) games, that are streaming only. Those are the really bad matchups, like SEC team vs. FCS school.

The games currently on CBS at 2:30 CT will move to ABC. In addition, they will be able to show prime time SEC games on ABC. Currently, only CBS can show SEC games over the air. I would expect OU-Texas to be the prime SEC game of its week, played at 2:30 local time.

We'll play on all manner of networks under the ESPN umbrella, at various times. There will still be 11:00 games. Those 11:00 games usually aren't marquee matchups, but they're still often competitive games.

And, they'll have us play an inferior opponent at 11 am. Last season, Texas A&M played Prairie View. My wife went to that game with her Aggie friend. The game kicked off at 11 am, only to be shown on the SEC Network + streaming channel. In my opinion, a game with no interest outside of Aggies and Prairie View fans could have been played at a better time, especially since it was streaming only. It was ridiculous to play that game at 11 am.

The differences between the SEC and the Big 12: There will be more marquee conference games in the SEC, and the SEC/ESPN won't be making us play marquee opponents at 11 am (like Fox did with OU-Nebraska).

For the first few years at least, expect OU to play a lot of games in prime windows (2:30 pm or at night) on either ABC or ESPN. The SEC isn't adding OU to play 11:00 games on ESPN2 or ESPNU. I wouldn't expect more than one game per year to be streaming only.

Comment

#94

Wrong. "Most" of the SEC basketball, baseball, and softball games (not to mention women's gymnastics) are on the SEC Network.
                                                                                          There’s more than one SEC network channel on cable? I only get one on YouTube TV.

Comment

#95
                                                                                            I love ESPN+. MultiCast for the win. I can watch up to 4 espn+ channels at once.

Comment

#96
                                                                                              ESPN Plus??!!! What an announcement!!! Maybe one day, we'll get an ESPN2 tape delay broadcast!!!!!

Comment

#97
                                                                                                Originally posted by BoomerSooner33 View Post
                                                                                                most of the SEC basketball, baseball, and softball games will be on espn+ just like it is now.

Comment

#98
                                                                                                  I had no idea espn was even still around

Comment

#99
                                                                                                    Originally posted by BehindEnemaLines View Post
                                                                                                    I love ESPN+. MultiCast for the win. I can watch up to 4 espn+ channels at once.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post

Yup…appears I am an idiot. Only time I started using the ESPN APP was when I got ESPN+

Apparently you get the SECN+ for free on the ESPN app when you subscribe to any provider. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1