First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baylor & Texas

I saw some college football analysts mentioning Baylor and Texas talent level as a big threat for OU . I firmly believe Brent will have us win a natty soon ,and we need to be patient as he is building the defense and fixing a lot of things.
    The game against Texas can be a toss up any given year . But do we see a situation where we lose to Baylor in Norman this coming season ? How does our talent compare to theirs? I

I consider both games huge. Difficult. A toss up. How many days until the UTEP game?

Comment

Fuck Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post
        I consider both games huge. Difficult. A toss up. How many days until the UTEP game?
        Just glad Baylor is at home this year. We have a pretty favorable home schedule this year in conference. ISU is the one road game you might ordinarily worry about but they lost a lot of people.

Comment

I don't think Baylor will be so much of an issue now. I have a feeling this teams mindset now doesn't allow them to play down to the level of the competitions.
          And Fuck Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.in.Tulsa View Post
            I don't think Baylor will be so much of an issue now. I have a feeling this teams mindset now doesn't allow them to play down to the level of the competitions.
            And Fuck Texas
            Nailed it

Comment

can't discount baylor until they're out - but right now Aranda is developing players - they had quite a few drafted, and they just wont a Big 12 championship.....there's something about that awful town that is drawing athletes - both football and basketball

texas is mostly irrelevant aside from the name and all the $$$$

Comment

Fuck um both.

Comment

Nebraska may be a challenge early on as well. Scott Frost's career may hinge on that game. Plus the it in lincoln .

Comment

Baylor barely won despite OU's head coach throwing the game. Aranda is now Venables bitch.

Comment

But on a serious note, yes, we do have a situation where we could lose to Baylor at home this year. Aranda has proved to be very good. And Texas's talent level is always a threat. In most years, Texas has played down to the level of Texas, regaerdless talent--as in top 5 recruiting class followed by no draft picks. But a dormant volcano can erumpt.

Comment

texas has talent but they’re not a good football team.
                        baylor has less talent but is a very good, well coached football team.

OU has more talent and is a better team than everyone on our schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                          texas has talent but they’re not a good football team.
                          baylor has less talent but is a very good, well coached football team.

OU has more talent and is a better team than everyone on our schedule.
                          If Baylor has any semblance of their defense from this past year, and Aranda can make good as he’s known to, they’ll beat OU and the rest of the soft 12. And make it hurt.

Comment

Anyone can be beat on any given day, period. Just ask Texas about KU, they have to travel to Kansas this year. There is always the chance OU could lose 4-5 games this season, and there's the chance they could go undefeated as well. We'll see. There are going to be several good games this season and not just OU games, BU/UT, KSU/UT, BU/ISU, WVU/KSU, UT/fOSU,fOSU/BU. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by SEC View Post

If Baylor has any semblance of their defense from this past year, and Aranda can make good as he’s known to, they’ll beat OU and the rest of the soft 12. And make it hurt.
                              And make it hurt? What?

Comment

With all due respect, you’re an idiot.

Comment

Scheme wise Aranda showed at the LSU game how to stop Riley's offense and he continued with it as head coach at Baylor, he also showed you could out physical Riley's team, other coaches saw what he was having success with and were copying it. Things have changed we have a new offensive coordinator and new training staff and a new mental mindset from top to bottom.

I was hoping Aranda would get the Oregon job, Muleshoe would have crapped his pants to have had him follow him to the PAC.

Comment

Baylor lost quite a bit off its really good 2021 team. I think we’ll win that game in Norman. The other big factor in that game was that Baylor’s front absolutely manhandled our weak and poorly conditioned OL. We may not have NFL talent in the 2022 OL, but we should be a lot stronger.

Comment

I don’t think Lebby will have the issues with aranda that Riley had. Also BVs defense won’t be a massive liability against whatever unknown hero QB Baylor decides to throw out there this year.

Comment

Originally posted by R.D. Mercer View Post
                                        I don’t think Lebby will have the issues with aranda that Riley had. Also BVs defense won’t be a massive liability against whatever unknown hero QB Baylor decides to throw out there this year.
                                        Shh... That hero QB is considering OU as a transfer destination.

Comment

I'm not buying into the narrative that texas has talent until they start winning or getting guys drafted. Sorry.

Comment

If I'm being honest, texass and Baylor should be more worried about us than the opposite. LiaR, almost losing to Tulane, Nebraska, Kansas, and actually losing to OK lite, K state and Iowa St has us all shook and worried about games. There used to be a certain fear about playing OU, especially on their home field. That fear started to wane under Stoops and tbow lost it altogether. No team feared or respected OU as evidenced by it being a given to go for it (and usually convert) on 4th and forever on your own side of the field.

I think Brent changes that mindset and soft culture both with the team and fans. Couple that with blue-collar players with chips on their shoulders and something to prove to NIL millionaires and we should expect blowouts against the Tulanes and Kansases of the world and goddamn respect from the others at the very least.

Comment

F off

Comment

Originally posted by soonerbms View Post
                                                Baylor lost quite a bit off its really good 2021 team. I think we’ll win that game in Norman. The other big factor in that game was that Baylor’s front absolutely manhandled our weak and poorly conditioned OL. We may not have NFL talent in the 2022 OL, but we should be a lot stronger.
                                                agree. if we improve on defense the baylor game should not be an issue. Aranda has given lincoln offense fits ( LSU debacle, then the loss to Baylor ) I don't think Lincoln has any answers to Aranda's defense .
                                                I trust Lebby's offense will be more efficient. The baylor game may well be for the Big12 championship.

Comment

Answer... What two University's that can lick my balls for 500. Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ern View Post

F off

Comment

Originally posted by zcaa0g View Post
                                                      Baylor barely won despite OU's head coach throwing the game. Aranda is now Venables bitch.
                                                      This is a bit of hyperbole but if we go 9-3 next year but we bring heat every play, I’ll be happy.

We were dead fish in Waco last year. I bet Riley enjoyed it. Probably still does.

Comment

Originally posted by smusooner View Post

This is a bit of hyperbole but if we go 9-3 next year but we bring heat every play, I’ll be happy.

We were dead fish in Waco last year. I bet Riley enjoyed it. Probably still does.
                                                        We will have a chance to win every big 12 game if we improve on defense and our offense clicks with lebby .

Comment

Originally posted by Basel90 View Post
                                                          Nebraska may be a challenge early on as well. Scott Frost's career may hinge on that game. Plus the it in lincoln .
                                                          They ain't your father's Nebraska. They stink. I'm not worried.
                                                          Live Free or Die!

Comment

And you’re not an ass?

Comment

Can Baylor contend in 2022?

Ian Boyd

Baylor will be good at running the football and playing defense in 2022, bank on that. Will that be enough to win the Big 12 again? Probably not, but it’s a strong starting point and they’ll have additional upside which could make the difference.

They lose essentially all of their playmakers at the skill positions. Leading blitzes Terrel Bernard and Jalen Pitre are gone, star outside receiver Tyquan Thornton is gone, and Abram Smith who ran for 1,600 yards and embodied their physical identity is moving on as well.

I think this will come down to quarterback developments and decisions, the emergence of a game-changing receiver, and then finding another star blitzer from somewhere in the defensive backfield. If Aranda can check off all those boxes, he’ll have a very good chance at getting the Bears back to the Big 12 title game.

Comment

Cj Mumme

Texas will have many fresh faces in the program next season.

Over 30 recruits and transfers will make up an exciting group of newcomers joining Texas’ roster.

Steve Sarkisian has a good amount of talent to work with between the newcomers on the team and the young players who have been held over from last season.

Despite the 5-7 record, many around the program feel they are knocking on the door for a massive improvement. Texas proved they could compete with any team in the conference last season but struggled to find ways to win in the second half of games.

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post
                                                                  And you’re not an ass?
                                                                  Most of the time….

But not really.

Comment

Most of the time….

But not really.

No! You truly are. The fact you don’t see it only proves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

They ain't your father's Nebraska. They stink. I'm not worried.
                                                                      I wonder if Casey Thompson can get them over the hump. If he can then they might win a lot of games this season. In their first five or six games OU is the only team with even a pulse. They have Wisky and Minnesota at home. They have to go to Michigan and Iowa.

But if they can get on a roll with that cupcake front end schedule...They could win 9 maybe 10 games.

Comment

No! You truly are. The fact you don’t see it only proves it.
                                                                        Ha. Otay, Spanky.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

I wonder if Casey Thompson can get them over the hump. If he can then they might win a lot of games this season. In their first five or six games OU is the only team with even a pulse. They have Wisky and Minnesota at home. They have to go to Michigan and Iowa.

But if they can get on a roll with that cupcake front end schedule...They could win 9 maybe 10 games.
                                                                          I wonder why Casey is their best option to start the season . Is Casey any good ? Seems he will play OU for the 3rd time and lose

Comment

You haven't been here long have you?

Comment

#39

I wonder why Casey is their best option to start the season . Is Casey any good ? Seems he will play OU for the 3rd time and lose
                                                                              None of their other QBs have played much. Casey has basically a full year as a starter under his belt. He is going to be a better passer and less mistake prone than Martinez was. And although Casey isn't near as dangerous as a runner, he is still pretty a pretty good runner. I think he is an upgrade.

It will be interesting to see if Martinez does better in a different offense at K-State. At Nebraska he was very dangerous for both teams.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by Mark.in.Tulsa View Post
                                                                                And Fuck Texas
                                                                                This is not a well reasoned opinion about Baylor.

Baylor's coach is good... damn good. I'm shocked that a super power didn't hire him away last year. As long as he's at Baylor they are a legit threat.

Consider that for the first time in program history, they had 6 players drafted by the NFL. That's never happend to them before, not even under Art Briles.

When their HC Is hired away by a big time program, then we can relax. But until then, they are a huge threat.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Unforgiven View Post
                                                                                  I'm not buying into the narrative that texas has talent until they start winning or getting guys drafted. Sorry.
                                                                                  Seriously. Was ut's roster all freshmen or something? KU had a guy drafted, but texas did not.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

They open vs Northwestern in Dublin Ireland. Who knows how that will turn out.

FCS North Dakota is next. They should win that.

Then not-very-good Georgia Southern. Then us.

That incredibly weak schedule before our game won't help them.

Live Free or Die!

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Baylor has the most proven head coach in the Big 12 right now. I don't think they can be taken for granted as a win as long as Aranda is coaching there.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by R.D. Mercer View Post
                                                                                        Lebby's offense struggled mightily against Bama's defense (shut out until the 4th quarter when they were down 35-0), which Baylor's defense under Aranda closely resembles Bama's defense, so they will be a threat.

Comment

#45

that f'ing clown lost any shred of respect he had....MONTHS ago.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by soonergrad View Post

Lebby's offense struggled mightily against Bama's defense (shut out until the 4th quarter when they were down 35-0), which Baylor's defense under Aranda closely resembles Bama's defense, so they will be a threat.
                                                                                            Kudos to you if you’re trying to be an annoying ass

Comment

#47

Kudos to you if you’re trying to be an annoying ass
                                                                                              Not trying to do anything, just stating facts...

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by soonergrad View Post

Not trying to do anything, just stating facts...
                                                                                                I think what you meant to say is “Not trying to be annoying. It just comes naturally.”

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Plus the it in lincoln .
                                                                                                  It? The evil clown?

we're all fucked!

Comment

#50

If BV has any semblance of his defense from his career, he'll win a natty in his first 3 years. Let's not pretend BV isn't the premier defensive mind in college football and has been for a while.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1