First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****Official PGA Chanpionship Thread****

It’s official. I used 4 asterisks. McIlroy off to a hot start.

Originally posted by Pokej View Post
    It’s official. I used 4 asterisks. McIlroy off to a hot start.
    I thought official with 3 asterisks?

Comment

Originally posted by ab5sr View Post

I thought official with 3 asterisks?
      Majors require 4

Comment

Gawd I wish I was there. Totally forgot to buy tickets. Got too much going on on the home front anyway, but this is the first Southern Hills tournament I've missed since Tiger turned pro.
        Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
          Gawd I wish I was there. Totally forgot to buy tickets. Got too much going on on the home front anyway, but this is the first Southern Hills tournament I've missed since Tiger turned pro.
          Looks hot and very crowded. I’m enjoying from the comfort of my living room

Comment

I've got tickets for today and Friday as well as the one of our supplier's "food & beverage" chalet. Too much going on today to make it out, but I'll probably cut out with some coworkers to stroll through tomorrow.

Comment

Don’t blink. He’s on his way to having his weekend free. Maybe you two can hang out.

Comment

Funny...I'm listening to the announcers drool all over the "former OSU Cowboy" players in the field and a former Sooner is in the top 4 with the "former OSU Cowboy" players nowhere near the top of the leader board.

I guess you gotta have something to fall back on...oh, wait...which program is the highest ranked team in the nation right now?

https://collegiategolf.com/coaches-poll

Hunh...interesting.
                Last edited by JDSooner; 05-20-2022, 08:05 AM.

Comment

ESPN coverage yesterday was weird.

Started out with Joe Buck and Michael Collins. He's a stand-up comic who has been a caddie on tour. They did one of those Manning brothers style shows where they didn't talk much about the action on the course. I didn't like it much. Then they switched to regular ESPN coverage with Scott Van Pelt as the host, then to Jim Nance, then back to Scott Van Pelt.
                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

I also love hearing these spoiled-ass players complaining about how inconsistent and tough the bunkers are to play out of. I play golf every weekend with the guys who did the bunkers (https://www.billybunker.com/) for the restoration of SH with Gil Hanse. Gil recommended the sand that they are using because that was the type of sand that Perry Maxwell specified when the golf course was first built.

First rule of bunker play...don't hit it there. It's supposed to be penal...

Comment

Originally posted by JDSooner View Post
                      I also love hearing these spoiled-ass players complaining about how inconsistent and tough the bunkers are to play out of. I play golf every weekend with the guys who did the bunkers (https://www.billybunker.com/) for the restoration of SH with Gil Hanse. Gil recommended the sand that they are using because that was the type of sand that Perry Maxwell specified when the golf course was first built.

I agree, they've been bitching about the sand at SH since I can remember (first I can remember attending was the 77 Open...grew up in Tulsa, went to Jenks). I say too bad, you dont like the sand, then dont hit it in there...

Comment

Funny...I'm listening to the announcers drool all over the "former OSU Cowboy" players in the field and a former Sooner is in the top 4 with the "former OSU Cowboy" players nowhere near the top of the leader board.

I guess you gotta have something to fall back on...oh, wait...which program is the highest ranked team in the nation right now?

https://collegiategolf.com/coaches-poll

Hunh...interesting.
                        That and all of the ut longhorn talk. They forget that Spieth only went there 3 semesters, certainly didn't graduate or receive a diploma.

Comment

ESPN coverage yesterday was weird.

Started out with Joe Buck and Michael Collins. He's a stand-up comic who has been a caddie on tour. They did one of those Manning brothers style shows where they didn't talk much about the action on the course. I didn't like it much. Then they switched to regular ESPN coverage with Scott Van Pelt as the host, then to Jim Nance, then back to Scott Van Pelt.
                          ESPN's coverage almost seems like they are experimenting with different ideas since they took over PGA duties from NBC. In my opinion it was at its worst during The Players. Johnathan Coachman may have his uses, but he should never be allowed on a golf telecast again. I think ESPN might agree because he seems to be gone from the ESPN+ team now.

Comment

JT just drove it 408 on 1. Damn.

...he parred it, though. hehe
                            Last edited by ab5sr; 05-20-2022, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Comment

golf channel spent several minutes talking up Ancer and OU golf last night.

they'll be talking up more OU golf next week when we're on our way to another natty.

Comment

I was talking with my club pro about improving my sand play. His first comment was a dead pan, “don’t hit it in the sand”.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangejello Jones View Post

I was talking with my club pro about improving my sand play. His first comment was a dead pan, “don’t hit it in the sand”.
                                    Like the A-hole doctor when you have a separated shoulder and he asks you what wrong. Hurts when I lift my arm above shoulder... Doc, "Yeah don't do that, hit the co-pay window."

Comment

Looking at who missed the cut - some pretty big names: DJ, Scottie Scheffler, Patrick Cantlay caught my attention. As did Matthew Wolff, who carted a strong +13 for the week.

Tiger had a good day yesterday.
                                      Last edited by ab5sr; 05-21-2022, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Tiger +10; more importantly, Amanda Renner's boobs are huge for 2022.

Comment

Tiger could shoot 48 tomorrow and still not win.

Comment

Tiger +10; more importantly, Amanda Renner's boobs are huge for 2022.
                                            Formerly, Amanda Boobionis.

Comment

Went yesterday for a few hours in the afternoon. Walked with Rory, Jordan, and Tiger for 7/8 then went over to 12/13 where we had the air conditioning and free food/libations. Fairway Village at 12 was a great vantage point to watch the group tee off and play all of 12, the tee off of 13th. Amazing how packed the crowd was following that group and then how nice it was after they played through where the commotion left with them.

Comment

Speith approach shot on 12th.
                                                Last edited by SoonerAviator; 05-21-2022, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
                                                  Tiger could shoot 48 tomorrow and still not win.
                                                  It appears he came to that conclusion this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post

It appears he came to that conclusion this evening.
                                                    Seeing him walking yesterday, told folks I'm with that he won't be out on Sunday. I'm headed back out there in couple hours. Much better than 2007 Sunday....by about 40 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

Seeing him walking yesterday, told folks I'm with that he won't be out on Sunday. I'm headed back out there in couple hours. Much better than 2007 Sunday....by about 40 degrees.
                                                      So today 60's and no rain? I hope they mowed greens; Southern Hills may otherwise give up a lot of low scores.

Comment

Maybe today will be nice enough the announcers can stop bitching about the weather. CBS wasn't so bad but ESPN was insufferable. My god, it's a major. It's supposed to be hard. Van Pelt and the other bozos were acting like they were covering the Safeway open.

Comment

So today 60's and no rain? I hope they mowed greens; Southern Hills may otherwise give up a lot of low scores.
                                                          I watched quite a bit of yesterday's play. Low scores? Hells man, those guys looked like me playing. More short shots into green-side bunkers, putts left 10-12 feet short, horrible reads on 5-footers, drives all over in the trees, and all around head shaking play than I've seen in a while from this caliber of player. It looked frustrating as hell out there.

Wind is still pretty stiff this morning out of the north. If a bunch of guys light it up I'll be shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoLab View Post
                                                            Maybe today will be nice enough the announcers can stop bitching about the weather. CBS wasn't so bad but ESPN was insufferable. My god, it's a major. It's supposed to be hard. Van Pelt and the other bozos were acting like they were covering the Safeway open.
                                                            If it was 95 and gross they’d be bitching then too.

Comment

Too bad Rory had three bogeys and a triple in six holes yesterday.

Comment

Have any of you played Southern Hills?

Comment

Speith comes this close to acing 17.

image uploader
                                                                  Last edited by KCRuf/Nek; 05-22-2022, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

If it was 95 and gross they’d be bitching then too.
                                                                    They had plenty of complaints about the heat on Thursday and Friday. Such a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangejello Jones View Post
                                                                      Have any of you played Southern Hills?
                                                                      no, but I know the chords to Southern Man.

Comment

Some really poor shots coming down the stretch.

Comment

As usual. When they need to hit it straight they choke.

Comment

Weird swing

Comment

#39
                                                                              He gonna Jean Van de Velde this?

Comment

#40
                                                                                Really bad shots...

Comment

#41
                                                                                  OK so Pereira (Taco Tech), who led all day, hits it in the water on 18 and now it's a two-man playoff between Thomas and Zalatoris.

I'm rooting for Will.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    I hate Thomas so he will win

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by LakelandSooner View Post
                                                                                      I hate Thomas so he will win
                                                                                      I was gonna say that....yeah he'll win going away. Maybe not.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Well Mito always said he wanted to play more like Tiger.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          17 seems like a terrifying hole to try to drive

Comment

#46
                                                                                            And just like that, Thomas is putting for eagle and Will has a nasty chip over the right greenside bunker.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              The 3 players I don't like are Spieth, Fowler, and Thomas. So of course it had to be one of those.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                So Will has to hole this, and JT has to 3 putt. Probably no.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  The 3 players I don't like are Spieth, Fowler, and Thomas. So of course it had to be one of those.
                                                                                                  I dont care for anyone who went to college here in the USA, but then plays for their home country. Most likely a personal issue, but it is what it is.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Really don't like Thomas for some reason. So yeah, of course he wins.

Felt so bad for Mito after playing great for 71 holes, then he makes that one awful driver swing.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1