First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf

Can't wait for the Masters. Here is a link to the field: http://www.sportingnews.com/golf/new...r1cglb22mynwyn

Tiger is the favorite in Vegas. He won't win. Too soon.

An interview with Bones about transitioning from being Phil's caddy to being a broadcaster: https://www.pgatour.com/long-form/20...mmentator.html

I think he brings good insight with his comments.
    Live Free or Die!

Agreed on Tiger...he'll most likely be on the first page of the leaderboard all week (which is fantastic and Augusta Nat'l is going to be a madhouse next week as a result) because of his short game and because he is so comfortable there, but I just don't think he's ready yet. I've seen him miss more 5-6 footers in the last several years than he's missed in his entire life and you wind up having a bunch of those at AN...

If he leaves his driver in the locker room or the trunk of his car (but he won't because he's too stubborn), then he might have a chance to scare the guys at the top.

By the way, I talked to a buddy of mine that is a tour rep that travels every week with the tour and he said that there are a lot of people that are scratching their heads at the "129.8 mph" clubhead speed that Tiger recorded several weeks ago. He said that Trackman is notorious for giving "weird" readings with the new TM head. He said that because of the ballspeed (181 mph) that something doesn't add up. Ballspeed should equal about 1.5 times what clubhead/swingspeed is, thus his ballspeed should have been in the 195 mph range...whatever.

I like Justin Rose to win at Augusta this year. My dark horse is Brandt Snedeker...

Comment

Originally posted by JDSooner View Post
      Agreed on Tiger...he'll most likely be on the first page of the leaderboard all week (which is fantastic and Augusta Nat'l is going to be a madhouse next week as a result) because of his short game and because he is so comfortable there, but I just don't think he's ready yet. I've seen him miss more 5-6 footers in the last several years than he's missed in his entire life and you wind up having a bunch of those at AN...

If he leaves his driver in the locker room or the trunk of his car (but he won't because he's too stubborn), then he might have a chance to scare the guys at the top.

By the way, I talked to a buddy of mine that is a tour rep that travels every week with the tour and he said that there are a lot of people that are scratching their heads at the "129.8 mph" clubhead speed that Tiger recorded several weeks ago. He said that Trackman is notorious for giving "weird" readings with the new TM head. He said that because of the ballspeed (181 mph) that something doesn't add up. Ballspeed should equal about 1.5 times what clubhead/swingspeed is, thus his ballspeed should have been in the 195 mph range...whatever.

I like Justin Rose to win at Augusta this year. My dark horse is Brandt Snedeker...
      I have often thought Tiger would be better off driving with a 3 wood, even when he was playing his best.
      Live Free or Die!

Comment

The 2018 Masters will implement shot tracer technology during broadcast

McManus also announced the network will be showing over 110 hours of programming between its cable and digital coverage. This includes feeds dedicated to Amen Corner, holes 15 and 16, featured groups and the driving range.

The 2018 Masters begins on April 5.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gol...-broadcast/amp

Date:Apr 5–8, 2018
        Course: Augusta National
        Watch on:CBS, ESPN
        Purse:
        $11,000,000

Comment

It only took Stinger less than 100 words to spill his man crush seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
            Can't wait for the Masters. Here is a link to the field: http://www.sportingnews.com/golf/new...r1cglb22mynwyn

Tiger is the favorite in Vegas. He won't win. Too soon.

An interview with Bones about transitioning from being Phil's caddy to being a broadcaster: https://www.pgatour.com/long-form/20...mmentator.html

I think he brings good insight with his comments.
            Tiger is wha?

Comment

Originally posted by ab5sr View Post

Tiger is wha?
              Tiger is the Vegas favorite to win. He is now 9/1. Tied with a few other guys: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/03/pow...phil-mickelson

At one point he was alone at the top of the list.
              Live Free or Die!

Comment

TV is gonna make bank on Tiger playing.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerVkeThunder View Post
                  TV is gonna make bank on Tiger playing.
                  Also the concessions vendors at the Masters. They are expecting larger than normal galleries.
                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

Also the concessions vendors at the Masters. They are expecting larger than normal galleries.
                    We need to get someone to attend and bring a sign for DirtBurgler.com lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerVkeThunder View Post

We need to get someone to attend and bring a sign for DirtBurgler.com lol.
                      LOL. Getting into the Masters is hard. Holding up a sign would get you ejected right quick.

I was almost ejected from the Colonial tournament less than 15 minutes after I entered. I tried to take a pic of Rickey Fowler and a FW cop grabbed me by the arm and was trying to hustle me out of there. I practically had to get down on my knees and beg to be given a 2nd chance. He let me go, but he followed me around for about 30 minutes after that.
                      Live Free or Die!

Comment

Yup they dont mess around at Masters. This is their Super Bowl

Comment

2nd greatest sporting event every year. Only trailing the 13 or 14 OU games each year. 15 games this year!

Comment

Tiger is the Vegas favorite to win. He is now 9/1. Tied with a few other guys: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/03/pow...phil-mickelson

At one point he was alone at the top of the list.
                            Does Jim Traber know about all of this?

Comment

Haven't listened to Traber in a long time.
                              Live Free or Die!

Comment

Haven't listened to Traber in a long time.
                                Me either that's what he wants no listeners.

hehe either ...millenial speak. Wrong.

Comment

Traber knows as much about golf as I do about nuclear medicine...which is less than nothing.

Fuck him
                                  Last edited by JDSooner; 03-30-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

How are the galleries going to be larger?
                                    It's a sellout everyday, every year even the practice rounds sell out.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange is Ugly View Post
                                      Yeah, I guess you are right. But the TV audience is sure to be larger.
                                      Live Free or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Orange is Ugly View Post
                                        Drones....

Comment

Traber knows as much about golf as I do about nuclear medicine...which is less than nothing.

Fuck him
                                          True statement!

Comment

Love when Tiger's in contention, but I don't want to see him win any more majors.

I had a fun day at Westwood on Saturday. Made 2 birdies and eagled the 5th, which 1) is my second-ever eagle in 40 years of playing, and 2) was about 4 inches from being an albatross. Scored 78 on the round though.

Also this guy snuck up on me because he thought I picked up his ball on a previous hole. He had intentions on being a badass. I knew exactly what he was talking about because I did cruise into the fairway in question while searching for an errant tee shot. He was having a bad day apparently but it's like, if you don't know what balls you're hitting, don't fucking come up and accuse someone on the course. And where I was looking for my ball would've been like a 450-yard drive from the tees. We had a fun exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by Morningwood View Post
                                              Love when Tiger's in contention, but I don't want to see him win any more majors.

I had a fun day at Westwood on Saturday. Made 2 birdies and eagled the 5th, which 1) is my second-ever eagle in 40 years of playing, and 2) was about 4 inches from being an albatross. Scored 78 on the round though.

Also this guy snuck up on me because he thought I picked up his ball on a previous hole. He had intentions on being a badass. I knew exactly what he was talking about because I did cruise into the fairway in question while searching for an errant tee shot. He was having a bad day apparently but it's like, if you don't know what balls you're hitting, don't fucking come up and accuse someone on the course. And where I was looking for my ball would've been like a 450-yard drive from the tees. We had a fun exchange.
                                              What an a-hole.
                                              Live Free or Die!

Comment

Why u not going this year?

Comment

Why u not going this year?
                                                  My son’s prom is this weekend and since he is a Senior this year, they have a “Senior Intro” where the parents are introduced with the kids. Kinda neat for Mom and Dad...pretty embarrassing for the kids.

But hey, that’s a parent’s job...embarrass the hell outta our kids...at least while we can, right? lol

Comment

My son’s prom is this weekend and since he is a Senior this year, they have a “Senior Intro” where the parents are introduced with the kids. Kinda neat for Mom and Dad...pretty embarrassing for the kids.

But hey, that’s a parent’s job...embarrass the hell outta our kids...at least while we can, right? lol
                                                    My 14 year old cheerleader and top student (who went to Paris for spring break) wants not much to do with me...wouldnt know

Comment

Playing Jimmie Austin on Sunday, I haven’t played there in probably 10 years. I’m excited to see all the improvements. It better be nice for $115.

Comment

naia golf team has 61-yr old freshman

Comment

Originally posted by Jenkins746 View Post
                                                          Playing Jimmie Austin on Sunday, I haven’t played there in probably 10 years. I’m excited to see all the improvements. It better be nice for $115.
                                                          wat is Jimmie Austin?

Comment

wat is Jimmie Austin?
                                                            The OU golf course.
                                                            Live Free or Die!

Comment

The OU golf course.
                                                              The old OU course is 100/round? Holy sh*t

Comment

go all out on the maxwell membership! it's only $800/mo.

https://www.theougolfclub.com/membership/about

Comment

After I graduated in 2009 I remember it went up to about $65. They've just poured in a ton of money to improving the course over the last few years and now its $115. Pretty crazy stuff.

Comment

Yeah...you wouldn't even recognize it now, though. There may be only half a dozen or so holes that even resemble what they looked like when I was on the team in '84. Bob Cupp did a big redesign and then Tripp Davis has made it even better. It's worth the money...

Comment

Yeah...you wouldn't even recognize it now, though. There may be only half a dozen or so holes that even resemble what they looked like when I was on the team in '84. Bob Cupp did a big redesign and then Tripp Davis has made it even better. It's worth the money...
                                                                      You were there when I was it sounds like....Dec 85 grad. I spent most of my time at Westwood Park? Steve Raymond was my original golf instructor in Tulsa at LaFortune park and took a few lessons from him when in Norman. It was cheap and I broke 6 days out of 7

Comment

I don't know if you all saw Sergio lose it yesterday at the saxeTs Open...on #5 (his 14th hole) he threw his driver in the shit after a bad drive and then shanked a pitch shot across the green.

Looks like he'd been saving that up since his 13 that he made a couple of weeks ago at Augusta...he would have been escorted off the grounds if he had done that at The Masters.
                                                                        Sergio Garcia most definitely plays with passion, and that can boil over. There was the time last year he slammed his putter and took it out of play at TPC Boston. That came just months after the Spaniard hurt himself swinging in frustration at gorse. Add another one to the tally.

Comment

Comment

The guys at the end of the Valero are struggling. Nobody wants to win.

Comment

#39
                                                                              I'm failing to get this fascination with "walk up music". Seems kind of silly. Like the tournament format change up though.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
                                                                                I'm failing to get this fascination with "walk up music". Seems kind of silly.
                                                                                Desperate attempt to give some juice to a struggling tournament...

Comment

#41
                                                                                  You guys explain this to me.

I'm a 15 handicapper.

The last two rounds of golf I played were in January and November.

This past Thursday my wife's work had an outing at Top Golf, so I hit a few balls there.

Tomorrow I'm playing with my son and nephew at Rose Creek, so today I went to the range and hit a bucket of balls.

90% of my shots were straight and long.

How the hell does that happen? You know I'm going to stink it up tomorrow.
                                                                                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Just happens...your brain tends to forget all the bad shit that filled up the golf swing memory bank over time. Kind of like a computer reboot...really.

I see it all the time.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      after a layoff, i often had a hard time keeping my right elbow close to my body. (i'm right handed.) ever time it got away from me, i'd come over the top and hook the shot. (yes, hook, pull, or pull-hook -- never fade or slice.) so i kept an elastic belt in my bag to wrap around my waist/right elbow for practice on the range. it worked.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Played Rose Creek yesterday afternoon with my son and my nephew. Probably the stiffest breeze I've ever played in. But it didn't really bother us because it was so consistent and predictable. No swirling or strong gusts. Just constant wind.

The scorecard blew off somewhere on the front nine so we just said fuck it and had fun without keeping score.
                                                                                        Live Free or Die!

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Tiger is E thru 2 holes. Playing at Charlotte NC this week

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by SoonerVikeThunder View Post
                                                                                            Tiger is E thru 2 holes. Playing at Charlotte NC this week
                                                                                            +1 now....bogeyed the 4th after coming up short on a par 3 which he has done an inordinate number of times this year it seems.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              someone please start a pga catch-all thread for all non-major tourneys.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Tiger is sucking today. +2 and playing, I think the 3rd hole (he started on the back 9).

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
                                                                                                  Tiger is sucking today. +2 and playing, I think the 3rd hole (he started on the back 9).
                                                                                                  Finishes at the current cut line of +2. Putter was in bag but it did not work much like a putter (3 putted from 15ft in one example). Also, using new irons.
                                                                                                  Last edited by sheepdogs; 05-04-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    So I went out and did something yesterday that I haven't done since my playing days...put a new set of irons (5-PW, already have a 3 and 4 iron that I absolutely love) in my bag. I have a great friend down in Florida at Old Palm Golf Club (www.oldpalmgolfclub.com) who is the Director of Instruction and uses Trackman pretty extensively for teaching and fitting and whatever else he can...he and I were talking this week while I was down there for work and we got together for about a couple of hours to really try to dial in the irons that I have been playing with for years to see if they could/needed to be tweaked or if there was a better fit.

After about two hours working on some different things, we decided that a new fit and some new technology was the way to go.

I'm not a big numbers guy when it comes to Trackman and all that tech stuff when it comes to what fits, or what the "optimal" numbers are...I have a "launch window" that I like to see the ball going thru when I hit it...period. If the club that I'm hitting gets the ball in that window, I'll consider putting it in my bag.

So, I had switched to the new TaylorMade M3 with the CK Pro White x about 6 weeks ago from the Callaway Epic that I had been playing and it is an absolute beast. I figured that while I had the chance, I'd get with Mark and look at where my irons were and get his opinion. I've been playing with Cobra S3 Pros that are about 9 years old that I bought from a buddy of mine after he said that they were just too much club for him and have loved them.

Mark and I went thru about 14-15 different iron heads and probably 30 different shafts and settled on the new Mizuno MP-18 SC with Nippon Tour120X shafts. I took them out yesterday for their first run and WOW! are they good. Back to my old distances (161 with a "stock, driving range" 8 iron swing) and the ball flight is just perfect. Not too much spin, but plenty to make the ball stop on even the hardest greens...couldn't be happier.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1