Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup womens edition

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #51
    Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
    I've stayed away about as long as I can stand. Still haven't watched a second of girl's soccer this World Cup, but I've gotten my craw completely filled up with the loudmouth, look-at-me fucking cunt called Rapinoe. Seriously? For the first time in my life I began rooting for the USA to lose at something. Fuck her, and fuck the politics and bullshit she drags into the game with her. Fuck Kaperdink, fuck Curry, and especially fuck this Rapinoe dyke. Way to ruin a great thing for our country and our people.

    Anyhow, now y'all carry on cheering for her, since it's not even about the USA anymore. It's just the world vs. Rapinoe. Meh. Fuck her. She is what is wrong with sports and the world. Play the game, and shut your fucking hairpie hole.
    The irony of a man on a rant telling a soccer
    player to shut her hole.

    Apparently average Joes are allowed to go on political rants but if you’re famous you aren’t allowed to expressopinions.

    Comment


      #52
      Originally posted by ChapelHillSooner View Post

      The irony of a man on a rant telling a soccer
      player to shut her hole.

      Apparently average Joes are allowed to go on political rants but if you’re famous you aren’t allowed to expressopinions.
      Sure thing comrade. Sure thing.

      Comment


        #53
        Originally posted by Not2121 View Post
        You know what’s worse than soccer?

        Women's soccer
        Disagree. It’s a girl’s sport. Grown men playing a girl’s sport is much worse.

        Ok, I know that this isn’t true internationally but is in the US. Soccer will always be a sport for girls here - and some suburban boys who couldn’t make the cut in basketball or American football.

        Comment


          #54
          Originally posted by ChapelHillSooner View Post

          Disagree. It’s a girl’s sport. Grown men playing a girl’s sport is much worse.

          Ok, I know that this isn’t true internationally but is in the US. Soccer will always be a sport for girls here - and some suburban boys who couldn’t make the cut in basketball or American football.
          I actually have a son that excelled in soccer in Norman (galdamn I wish we had moved to the country sooner, would have saved me thousands on tournament fees, travel, unis, etc.) cause they had no soccer in the country. Then, he excelled at football and basketball. I loved the shit out of sitting at the football/basketball games. Honestly, hated every second of soccer...except the combined what?, 3 minutes total in like 10 years he was scoring a goal or making a great play? Soccer is a mind-numbing sport that takes extremely specially prepared aerobic athletes to play competitively, Other than that? I'd rather watch the grass grow/paint dry/my penis get soft...hard...soft...again. Nothing in sports is worse or more boring. Nothing. Why do you think the world's greatest drunks and hooligans like soccer? You gotta be 6 shades of fucked up to enjoy the game.

          Comment


            #55
            We mock what we do not understand


            Comment


              #56
              I don't care for soccer at all. I just get a little jingoistic pride at seeing the USA win something the rest of the world is rabid about. The finals were dvr'd this morning. Upon getting home from church, the match was watched in either 4x or 15x speed, when USA scored, I'd roll it back and briefly enjoy it. Otherwise it was ffwd city. The only way soccer is watchable for any length of time.

              Comment


                #57
                How much time can we spend ignoring girl’s soccer before we feign interest again?

                Comment


                  #58
                  Originally posted by 1stTimeCaller View Post
                  How much time can we spend ignoring girl’s soccer before we feign interest again?
                  I guess whenever the next world cup thing is, 4 yrs from now i think

                  USA! USA! USA!

                  Comment


                    #59
                    Originally posted by OUwasp View Post

                    I guess whenever the next world cup thing is, 4 yrs from now i think

                    USA! USA! USA!
                    You are correct.

                    I loved the “equal pay” chants from the crowd.

                    Get the fuck outta here with that.

                    Womens generated something close to $140 million in revenue for the World Cup, while the men generated close to $6 billion for the last World Cup in Russia.

                    Sorry ladies, no revenue....no equal pay.

                    Comment


                      #60
                      Originally posted by Not2121 View Post

                      You are correct.

                      I loved the “equal pay” chants from the crowd.

                      Get the fuck outta here with that.

                      Womens generated something close to $140 million in revenue for the World Cup, while the men generated close to $6 billion for the last World Cup in Russia.

                      Sorry ladies, no revenue....no equal pay.
                      I agree with that argument in general but where the USA is concerned I think the women should be paid more than the men since they win championships.

                      Comment


                        #61
                        Originally posted by cosmoxl View Post

                        I agree with that argument in general but where the USA is concerned I think the women should be paid more than the men since they win championships.
                        It’s about revenue generated.

                        If they produce more revenue than the men, they should get paid more.

                        Wouldnt disagree one bit.

                        Side benefit....they’re gonna get invited to the White House for winning.

                        The men wont.




                        Comment


                          #62
                          Originally posted by Not2121 View Post

                          It’s about revenue generated.

                          If they produce more revenue than the men, they should get paid more.

                          Wouldnt disagree one bit.

                          Side benefit....they’re gonna get invited to the White House for winning.

                          The men wont.



                          I understand revenue. I'm saying on principle the women should be paid more so long as they're doing better internationally than the men.

                          Comment


                            #63
                            Originally posted by ChapelHillSooner View Post

                            Disagree. It’s a girl’s sport. Grown men playing a girl’s sport is much worse.

                            Ok, I know that this isn’t true internationally but is in the US. Soccer will always be a sport for girls here - and some suburban boys who couldn’t make the cut in basketball or American football.
                            Grown men playing a girls sport? Like golf? That is the stupidest most boring fucking sport ever. Unwatchable. That’s a leisure activity for retirees. It’s not a sport.

                            Comment


                              #64
                              Sounds to me like hanky sucks at golf.

                              Comment


                                #65
                                Originally posted by cosmoxl View Post

                                I understand revenue. I'm saying on principle the women should be paid more so long as they're doing better internationally than the men.
                                Well, they are.

                                Women get 13% of World Cup revenue and the men get 9%.

                                https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...justified/amp/

                                Comment


                                  #66
                                  Where is the other 90% going? To the corrupt motherfuckers that are bribing, extorting, lying, and cheating?

                                  Seems the real pay disparity is between the players and the corrupt people that run the World Cup.

                                  Comment


                                    #67
                                    Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                    Where is the other 90% going? To the corrupt motherfuckers that are bribing, extorting, lying, and cheating?

                                    Seems the real pay disparity is between the players and the corrupt people that run the World Cup.
                                    Well, the last World Cup was in Russia.....so that makes sense.

                                    And yes, there is massive corruption in FIFA.

                                    Almost as bad as the Olympics

                                    Comment


                                      #68
                                      Late to the party on this as I despise soccer (altho I appreciate the stamina and athleticism). Why do all the article overlook the payouts/revenue of each WC edition? Admittedly, I know very little about WC soccer, but I'm guessing the payouts are based a whole lot off of the revenue each brings in. Also, why are there articles citing viewership in the US? The men weren't in the WC finals, so it's a moot point. A great comparison is NBA vs WNBA. As a side note, the competition level is completely different in the women's sport vs the men, IMO.

                                      Comment


                                        #69
                                        The men aren't running around dropping the flag and stepping on it and kneeling for the anthem...they just let their play do the embarrassing.

                                        Comment


                                          #70
                                          BTW, I read an article the other day that the men's edition of WC brought in like 6 billion in revenue, while the women's brought in like 120 million. This is a dumb argument and people should point out how stupid this argument is.

                                          Comment


                                            #71
                                            Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

                                            Then, he excelled at football and basketball. I loved the shit out of sitting at the football/basketball games.
                                            But did he beat Purcell??

                                            Comment


                                              #72
                                              Originally posted by Section31 View Post
                                              Late to the party on this as I despise soccer (altho I appreciate the stamina and athleticism). Why do all the article overlook the payouts/revenue of each WC edition? Admittedly, I know very little about WC soccer, but I'm guessing the payouts are based a whole lot off of the revenue each brings in. Also, why are there articles citing viewership in the US? The men weren't in the WC finals, so it's a moot point. A great comparison is NBA vs WNBA. As a side note, the competition level is completely different in the women's sport vs the men, IMO.
                                              Doesn't fit the narrative...damn the facts...

                                              Comment


                                                #73
                                                Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

                                                But did he beat Purcell??
                                                One year in football if I remember correctly. Never in basketball. Of course Purcell was 4A and Lex was 3A, but between the two I've never seen so many skinny white boys in my life.

                                                Comment

                                                Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                Collapse

                                                Go To Top

                                                Collapse

                                                Working...
                                                X
                                                UA-124223861-1