• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp, Hamels is hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post
      Welp, Hamels is hurt.
      CarGo on waivers. Probably gonna call up Maples. Pitching staff is in shambles.

And Andracki put some stats up yesterday that showed we lose a ton when Addi starts.

Comment

I guess the Brewers have cooled off as well, thankfully.

Don't know much about Alzolay but hopefully he is a phenom.
        Apparently he isn't. 2IP, 7R. Things arent going well.

Comment

Apparently he isn't. 2IP, 7R. Things arent going well.
          Joe said they think he may have been tipping his pitches somehow. Would make some sense after how hard he was hit in just his second start.

Comment

Comment

Woof.

Comment

Team seems better coming out of the break. Get healthy, get Zobrist back and dump Addi for a pen arm and make a run at this thing.

Comment

Why would they acquire a catcher?

Comment

Why would they acquire a catcher?
                    I've gotten to watxh him this year and he's an excellent receiver and defensive guy. Although only hitting in the .220's he has been doing much better lately.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

I've gotten to watxh him this year and he's an excellent receiver and defensive guy. Although only hitting in the .220's he has been doing much better lately.
                      Issue is Caratini is a great catcher and a damn good bat, and we need LHP in the pen. So gave up something we need for something we have—‘likely means Caratini is moving for something big. He’s ready to be a starter—just stuck behind Willy.

Comment

Originally posted by oucub23 View Post

Issue is Caratini is a great catcher and a damn good bat, and we need LHP in the pen. So gave up something we need for something we have—‘likely means Caratini is moving for something big. He’s ready to be a starter—just stuck behind Willy.
                        Contreras has an injury so that helps explain.

Comment

Word here is that the Cubs would deal he and Scwarber for Merrifield.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

Word here is that the Cubs would deal he and Scwarber for Merrifield.
                            If they make that move, I'd take it to mean Zobrist is for sure not coming back.

I've seen some promising stuff on Morrow recently--that he's throwing pen sessions and seems fine. Hamels should be back sooner rather than later as well--Morrow would just be a huge +.

Kimbrel seems to be rounding in to shape as well.

Comment

If they make that move, I'd take it to mean Zobrist is for sure not coming back.

I've seen some promising stuff on Morrow recently--that he's throwing pen sessions and seems fine. Hamels should be back sooner rather than later as well--Morrow would just be a huge +.

Kimbrel seems to be rounding in to shape as well.
                              I think that was more from Chicago. Whit should actually bring a nice return.

Comment

Edwards got sent down. Strop should follow him.

Comment

Contreras back, Russell optioned to AAA.

Comment

KB is having an MVP year guys.

Comment

The central division is pretty much shit. Cards won't spend money and the Cubs spend money on players that don't perform for whatever reason.

Comment

KB is having an MVP year guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TulsaSooner View Post
                                          The central division is pretty much shit. Cards won't spend money and the Cubs spend money on players that don't perform for whatever reason.
                                          Kimbrel performing. Zobrist being out hurts. We just beat the hottest team in baseball with Chatwood starting, and Lester as a late scratch. Could have won both of the ones before against them as well. Addi is gone--I think he's bad for the team. Hamels back soon--+ news on the Morrow front. We'll see--but don't be surprised to see the Cubs make a run here in the next 20 games.

Comment

Kimbrel performing. Zobrist being out hurts. We just beat the hottest team in baseball with Chatwood starting, and Lester as a late scratch. Could have won both of the ones before against them as well. Addi is gone--I think he's bad for the team. Hamels back soon--+ news on the Morrow front. We'll see--but don't be surprised to see the Cubs make a run here in the next 20 games.
                                            I totally expect them to.

Comment

So what exactly is going on with Zobrist? I know he's going through a divorce... But a lot of people get divorced and still go to work.

Comment

I just read that Zobrist is going to start a rehab assignment soon. Thank god.

Comment

Dumpster fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Lake_Bum View Post
                                                    So what exactly is going on with Zobrist? I know he's going through a divorce... But a lot of people get divorced and still go to work.
                                                    Taking care of his kids from what I understand. Honestly, it seems that he’s just doing the right thing.

Comment

Dumpster fire.
                                                      What do you do if you’re Theo? Need bats and arms. Our good guys are so good they keep us in stuff, but we aren’t scoring enough, and then giving it up late.

Comment

What do you do if you’re Theo? Need bats and arms. Our good guys are so good they keep us in stuff, but we aren’t scoring enough, and then giving it up late.
                                                        I don't think there's anything he can do. These last two years are just telling me they're not as good as I thought they were. :shrug:

Comment

I don't think there's anything he can do. These last two years are just telling me they're not as good as I thought they were. :shrug:
                                                          The big hole right now is in the pen. The starters are good enough to make a run--in a 7 game series you go w/Lester/Hendricks/Hamels in whatever order--the 4th game you start Yu, if he gets in trouble go to Q quickly. You've got Chatty for long relief if needed. Right now, I think Cishek is overworked. You need 2-3 arms for the pen and probably another bat. I'd move Happ, Addi, Caratini and even Schwarber for a more consistent bat and a couple of good arms for the pen. Do that and we're contenders--if we don't, might think about selling some pieces off. Getting Zobrist back will be another good at bat that will be added.

Comment

Comment

Hurts b/c Hatch is a local kid, but window is now.

Maldanado to the Stros for Kemp.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Think I'd rather have kept Edwards.

Comment

Think I'd rather have kept Edwards.
                                                                        Both have some of the same issues--maybe a change of scenery is good for both? Wieck has good stuff, and he's gigantic.

Comment

Comment

This is great stuff.

Comment

Contreras just did something to his hammy. IL upcoming probably.

Comment

On the positive side, Hamels looked good and should be fresh for the stretch run. Morrow sounds like he's likely to actually contribute this year--and my feeling is that this will be his last year. I think his arm is probably done and he's trying to give it one last go. And speaking of giving it a go, Zo reported to the minors, so we'll be adding him back, not just to the field, but to the clubhouse as well.

Hitting coach needs to get in KB's ear and get him to shoot the ball the other way. He's in a slump.

Comment

Noooo.....

Comment

*sigh*

Comment

Kimberl is a 10 day thing, and he said if it was playoff time he'd play.

Comment

Cubs bullpen: 65 pitches, 1 swing and miss said Ross. Wow.

Comment

Yeah I heard that too. Oh boy. Oh boy. 2nd most leads lost after the 7th with 8. Go 4-4, we're 6.5 games ahead, tied with Atlanta for second. We ain't catching LA, but we have to crank it up.

Comment

Kinzler with a pec issue possibly. Sheesh.

Comment

Kinzler with a pec issue possibly. Sheesh.
                                                                                              To the IL also. They activated Strop.

Comment

To the IL also. They activated Strop.
                                                                                                Underwood was wicked last night. We got our asses kicked, but he was a bright spot.

Comment

Underwood was wicked last night. We got our asses kicked, but he was a bright spot.
                                                                                                  Saw that as well. Don't have to tell you how important that would be if he could be a star in the bullpen. The other new guy in the pen looked good the other night too....Wick I believe.

Comment

Got Lucroy today.

Comment

Got Lucroy today.
                                                                                                      And he earned his check. Playing in games that matter helps guys sometimes.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1