First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichSooner View Post
    Any truth to a rumor that SEC fans are claiming this weekend as an All SEC World Series?
    Lol. I’ve seen some ask about that, so we’ll see.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
      This will be our fifth & sixth games Vs the Horns this season. Scores from the other games:

Series at Texas: W 3-0, W 9-0 & L 4-2
      WCWS: W 7-2
      Or briefly, 21 to 6.

Comment

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/6...-finalist.aspx

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. — Oklahoma softball redshirt senior Jocelyn Alo has been named one of four finalists for the 2022 Honda Sport Award for Softball. The finalists were announced by Chris Voelz, Executive Director of THE Collegiate Women Sports Awards (CWSA) on Tuesday.

Joining Alo as finalists is Georgina Corrick of the University of South Florida, University of Arkansas' Danielle Gibson and Baylee Klingler from the University of Washington.

Alo, a product of Hauula, Hawaii, has rewrote the record books as a Sooner. She recently collected her second consecutive USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year award and is a four-time NFCA All-American after garnering her third nod to the First Team in 2022.

The two-time Big 12 Player of the Year broke the NCAA career record for home runs (120) and has led her Sooners to the 2022 Women's College World Series Championship Series, set to begin Wednesday. Alo has 32 home runs on the year as she enters the final games of her Sooner career. She is batting .509 with 82 RBIs and a 1.189 slugging percentage.

The Honda Sport Award has been presented annually by the CWSA for the past 46 years to the top female student-athletes in 12 NCAA-sanctioned sports and signifies "the best of the best in collegiate athletics". The winner of the sport award becomes a finalist for the Collegiate Woman Athlete of the Year and the prestigious 2022 Honda Cup which will be presented during the live telecast of the Collegiate Women Sports Awards Presented by Honda on CBS Sports Network, June 27, at 8 p.m. CT.

The softball finalists were selected by a panel of coaches and experts from the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA).

The Honda Sport award winner for softball will be announced later this week after voting by administrators from over 1,000 NCAA member schools. Each NCAA member institution has a vote.

For updates and more information on Oklahoma softball, follow the Sooners on Twitter and Instagram (@OU_Softball) and like Oklahoma Softball on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by oucub23 View Post
          Stop the hand wringing. We're better than they are in all aspects of the game. Additionally, nobody really wants to play OU when it matters, and starting Wednesday ... it really, really matters.
          Texas is good enough to beat us. They already have. And bat and ball sports can be fickle. Hot pitchers, hot batters, hot batters hitting the ball straight at people, crappy batters fisting base hits into open spaces.

Baserunning mistakes, bad throws, fielding errors. OU will still need to play up to their standard.

And I would say that Texas has an advantage over OU in that they run better. Scott, Jefferson, Washington can haul. And that center fielder that he kind of looks like a mean little boy with long hair....can run too.

Ironically though, they can't find a right fielder that can outrun a turtle.

Comment

Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post

Or briefly, 21 to 6.
            Lol

Comment

Originally posted by blackfrancois View Post

don't get up too early. the game doesn't start until 7:30pm. if you start drinking before noon, you're not gonna make it.

Comment

Any truth to a rumor that SEC fans are claiming this weekend as an All SEC World Series?
                Where’s SEC guy? He said that team from Arkansas is pretty stout.

Comment

Originally posted by Quik Sand View Post

Poor 61, always worrying about something. I guess that's why your friends call you whiskers. Okay, let's go through each of your questions.

​​​​​​Which team has the deeper pitching staff?
                  Oklahoma.

We have Hope and then question marks, is May up to the task?
                  Probably.

Did she pitch earlier this season against Texas?
                  Yes.

​​​​​​Has Jordy shown anything that she can really contribute except to mopup duty?
                  Yes.

Hopefully this helps you sleep better and look forward to your next round of questions.
                  What if the moon were made of barbecue spare ribs? Would you eat it then?

Comment

Need to tell Alo to strike out her first at bat.

Comment

Originally posted by MuleshoeSooner View Post

Doesn't matter. Admin seems ok with him dropping huge dog turds in every thread he posts in. Doesn't matter how important of an event for serious OU fans the thread is about he is there dropping his turds. In fact the more important the event the more turds he drops.

I actually don't blame him. I blame the administrators for allowing it. It seems that he would be limited to 2 or 3 dog turds during game threads. Seems fair.

I work a lot so I like to read the threads on OU game events I miss and get tired of wading through his shit. Unlike him I don't get paid by a brain dead government organization to watch games during my job.

And why would we sensor someone for offering a different opinion and garbage posting? Read the rules! We specifically cover putting on your big girl panties? Pull the stick out of your twat! There’s nothing wrong with garbage posting?

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

What is the record for most runs scored in the championship? Biggest run differential?
                        16 is the most runs scored, has happened 3 times...the last time was 2019 when we lost 16-3 to UCLA.
                        Biggest run differential was yesterday, when we beat UCLA 15-0.

Comment

What’s the weather forecast for the next 2-3 days in OKC?

Comment

Last I saw indicated chances for overnight storms tonight and tomorrow, but clearing out during the morning and for the balance of the day. Warm and dry the rest of the week.

Comment

Admin seems ok with him dropping huge dog turds in every thread he posts in. I actually don't blame him. I blame the administrators for allowing it.
                              interesting way to look at it. sorta like forgiving the chihuahua for shitting in your flower bed, but blaming the skank ass owner for allowing the mutt's foul behavior.

I work a lot so I like to read the threads on OU game events I miss and get tired of wading through his shit. Unlike him I don't get paid by a brain dead government organization to watch games during my job.

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

Where’s SEC guy? He said that team from Arkansas is pretty stout.

where is Bama and what time does Montana Fouts pitch tomorrow ??? ESECPN was bragging on them and the SEC all season long and yet not a single SEC team left.

Comment

Chile today. Hot tamale.

Comment

Originally posted by ChpThril View Post

And why would we sensor someone for offering a different opinion and garbage posting? Read the rules! We specifically cover putting on your big girl panties? Pull the stick out of your twat! There’s nothing wrong with garbage posting?
                                    If I have to explain it to you then too stupid to understand. Hopefully the next time you're out for a nice dinner at a decent restaurant with friends there's a screaming brat one table over whose parents seem oblivious to the fact their kid is driving everybody crazy you'll think about this post. I mean you should just be able to ignore it without complaining, right? And if you made it easier to block the prick you wouldn't get as many complaints and you would have a better board.

And your post makes it clear who controls the leash of that fucking troll.

Let's see how committed you are in your opposition to banning posters.

Comment

If I have to explain it to you then too stupid to understand. Hopefully the next time you're out for a nice dinner at a decent restaurant with friends there's a screaming brat one table over whose parents seem oblivious to the fact their kid is driving everybody crazy you'll think about this post. I mean you should just be able to ignore it without complaining, right? And if you made it easier to block the prick you wouldn't get as many complaints and you would have a better board.

And your post makes it clear who controls the leash of that fucking troll.

Let's see how committed you are in your opposition to banning posters.

please tell me how to do this genius? Would you like to purchase VBulletin and make their programmers make this a priority for us? Sorry, but I’m not willing to drop a few billion and purchase a tech company just to get this done.

As for the restaurant thing… luckily for me, the restaurants I go to for those upscale situations don’t allow children. And the nice restaurants I actually go to here in OK… well, I rarely ever see kids. And If they tried to sit me next to one…. I’d ask to sit elsewhere.

Comment

I know a family who got kicked out of a Wendy’s due to their unruly little ones

Comment

Meanwhile back at the main theme of this forum: is there any further news "on the big name in the portal" heading to OU softball - any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by soonerquest View Post
                                            I know a family who got kicked out of a Wendy’s due to their unruly little ones
                                            That’s what happens when folks look down on you for beating your kids.

Comment

I watched both the osu and whorn post game pressers, really just to hear any juicy content after the poke fielding debacle. no one really bit ... except the fexas girls started chuckling right after the question was asked. then said it was "ironic" that it happened that way, considering all the errors they made throughout the season.

Gajewski was all teary. (bless his Sooner heart.) surprised maxwell was too. thought she was an android.

Comment

Originally posted by blacktop View Post
                                                Meanwhile back at the main theme of this forum: is there any further news "on the big name in the portal" heading to OU softball - any updates?
                                                Hopefully don't hear anything until after games. Don't need anything getting in their minds.

Comment

I want to see whorns cry.

Comment

Patty Gasso explains why she is the "luckiest coach in the world".

This is good to see. This is similar to the type of environment that Venables is trying to build within the football program.

Comment

I entered whorn into Wordle this morning. It shook me off. So I replaced whorn with loser, which it gladly accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post
                                                        I entered whorn into Wordle this morning. It shook me off. So I replaced whorn with loser, which it gladly accepted.
                                                        I always start with "bacon". My next guess was "steak". Ended up taking me five tries to get it right.

Comment

https://twitter.com/DaveBahl/status/

Comment

Originally posted by cosmoxl View Post

never ever will I chant SEC.
                                                            This

Comment

Is it possible that that the rumored transfer was someone who was in OKC playing on one of the teams in the series so couldn't announce this week?

Comment

Originally posted by ChpThril View Post

I watched a Jeff Dunham video earlier today….thanks to your post I will always see muleshue as a “twat….on a steek”

Comment

Free money

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Poster View Post

Free money
                                                                    Can someone explain this to a dumbazz?

Comment

Originally posted by StroudSooner View Post
                                                                      Can someone explain this to a dumbazz?
                                                                      We're favored by 4.5 runs. If you want to win $100 on us to cover, you need to bet $110.
                                                                      If you just want to bet on us to win straight up, you need to bet $700 to win $100.
                                                                      The over/under for both teams combined is 9.5.

Comment

Free money
                                                                        Really? OU is 2-2 vs Texas against that line.

Comment

Free money
                                                                          I added that spread to a couple of parlays, but as long as we win, I'm happy

Comment

So oddsmakers think we score 7 and texas scores 2.5? Basically a copy of our game with them earlier this WCWS.

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

I watched a Jeff Dunham video earlier today….thanks to your post I will always see muleshue as a “twat….on a steek”

Im laughing way too hard at this image

Comment

Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

OU fan talking smack against a team that beat OU. That makes you a dumvass. But you’re prolly used to it by now.
                                                                                It actually has nothing to do with the OU/OSU outcome. oSu had it first and goal from the 3 yard line…and failed…and it was for the Big12 Championship. That, sir…is the definition of “choke”.

Comment

For all intents and purposes this is an all SEC World Series. IF Boren had not done that stupid grant of rights, both schools would be in the SEC now.

Comment

Originally posted by gratefulRed View Post

It actually has nothing to do with the OU/OSU outcome. oSu had it first and goal from the 3 yard line…and failed…and it was for the Big12 Championship. That, sir…is the definition of “choke”.
                                                                                    Yea…but they both beat us, so smack talk by OU about OSU losing to Baylor is stupid as fuck.

And…..back to softball….

Comment

https://twitter.com/OU_Softball/status/

Comment

https://twitter.com/espn/status/

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

When Oklahoma & Texas both join the SEC the chart will break down as this:

3 of the Top 5
                                                                                                5 of the Top 10
                                                                                                10 of the Top 20
                                                                                                12 of the Top 25
                                                                                                14 of the Top 30

https://twitter.com/SkullSparks/status/

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDeep View Post
                                                                                                  I want to see whorns cry.
                                                                                                  As long as they aren't tears of joy. Tears of a bitter loss, that's fine. Humiliation tears even better.

Comment

https://twitter.com/78jocelyn_alo/status/

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner in SoCal View Post
                                                                                                      First base is going to go sleepless a lot of nights for not holding that ball.

I hope the ladies run rule the whorens twice! F UT

Celebrating like they won the prize. Nope...

Poke Choke is fun to watch... too bad BOTH can't lose!
                                                                                                      no run rule in the finals

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1