Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OU Softball fall 2021 and 2022 season

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Question: Stat nerds, I assume May gets credit for the win? Official scoring doesn't say, and I don't know how the re-entry rules in softball affect how that decision gets made. I didn't see all of the game, knew May started, but Trautwein came in top of the fifth before Alo's heroics, then May came back in...
    As crazy as it sounds, we were down 2-1 when Hope came on. We went up 5-2 in the bottom of that inning and we were ahead 5-3 when she was pulled….so I think Hope gets the Win and May gets a Save (99% sure that’s how it gets recorded)…but i know softball has some odd rules on win assignment.

    Odd huh.

    Comment


      https://twitter.com/OU_Softball/status/

      Comment


        Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

        As crazy as it sounds, we were down 2-1 when Hope came on. We went up 5-2 in the bottom of that inning and we were ahead 5-3 when she was pulled….so I think Hope gets the Win and May gets a Save (99% sure that’s how it gets recorded)…but i know softball has some odd rules on win assignment.

        Odd huh.
        That's what the box score indicates, W Hope, S May.

        More importantly, it was a big win for May to come back and close it out.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

          As crazy as it sounds, we were down 2-1 when Hope came on. We went up 5-2 in the bottom of that inning and we were ahead 5-3 when she was pulled….so I think Hope gets the Win and May gets a Save (99% sure that’s how it gets recorded)…but i know softball has some odd rules on win assignment.

          Odd huh.
          Wow. Exactly why I asked. I was thinking possibly the total duration of pitching after the reentry or something peculiar like that might give it to May, but I guess in retrospect that's how it would work in baseball (excepting of course for the re-entry).

          Comment


            UCLA 4, ASU 2 bottom of 3rd.

            ASU has bases loaded, no outs, clean up hitter up.

            Faraimo inserted to pitch.

            Comment


              I confess to watching the game on TV until Hope walked 4 in a row and ags got the free run. I then took a break and later turned on the radio with Plank and Mendes. I was QUITE surprised to hear Patty brought May back in to pitch after Hope's 4 walks, and May PITCHED WELL upon her return. That might have mind blown the aggy women some. GREAT MOVE, PATTY!

              Comment


                Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post

                That's what the box score indicates, W Hope, S May.

                More importantly, it was a big win for May to come back and close it out.
                Ahh okay they must have updated the box score because the one I saw didn't designate a win, loss, or save even though it said "official."

                Big, big, clutch performance for May. Have to be at least a little concerned for Trautwein going into the postseason because she's seemed off her last couple of appearances. That multi-walk inning today was a stunner.

                Comment


                  You know, on top of sweeping OU/OSU for the Big 12 title, don't lose sight of the fact we just swept another Top 10 team.

                  I'm starting to think we *might* be pretty good.

                  Comment


                    I was really surprised when ESPNU did the interview of Kenny Kajewski, and one of the aggy players stood behind him and made fun of his hand gestures during his entire interview. IMO that reflected VERY poorly on LosuR and the aggy softball program. FWIW. It was Twilight Zone stuff, IMO.

                    Comment


                      Yikes: Big 12 Softball Final: Baylor 17, Texas 3

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by TaimenHuchen View Post
                        Hope walked 4 in a row and ags got the free run.
                        it was all planned. Troutwein keeps her super low era intact. we pull a psyche job on orange aggie. and May's confidence gets a huge boost.


                        Comment


                          Originally posted by SoonerDave View Post

                          Ahh okay they must have updated the box score because the one I saw didn't designate a win, loss, or save even though it said "official."

                          Big, big, clutch performance for May. Have to be at least a little concerned for Trautwein going into the postseason because she's seemed off her last couple of appearances. That multi-walk inning today was a stunner.

                          You want to see a bizarre pitching decision, check out this texas Box Score from today. They lost 17 - 3. OLeary pitched 1/3 of an inning, gave up only one run, and took the loss.

                          https://texassports.com/sports/softb...boxscore/14787

                          Comment


                            So in looking at the Big 12 standings, that goofy blowout by Baylor doesn't really change anything in the standings. No matter what happens, the 4/5 game is Baylor-ISU. ISU won the season series vs Baylor 2 games to 1. OU plays the winner of that game in the second round. OSU plays KU, and Texas plays Texas Tech

                            KU and Tech have been in a race to the conference bottom all season, but as schizoid as Texas has been, who knows what might happen in any one game. The new one-and-done format opens up some bizarre possibilities.

                            The records and overall performances would strongly suggest the semifinals would be OU-Baylor and OSU-Texas. OSU is fighting for a Top 8 seed, but they end the regular season on a five-game losing streak.

                            Lots of crazy softball finishes the last couple of days...

                            Comment


                              Comment


                                Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
                                Gotta be some troll/fake account just to get reactions. That's too stupid to be real. I hope. I mean, even if you really think that, why on earth would you ever state it publicly just to get blasted for being an utter moron??

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
                                  My suggestion hit more pop ups a quit being a dumb ass!

                                  Comment


                                    Nearly every play in 19 minutes:

                                    Comment


                                      https://twitter.com/OU_Softball/status/


                                      SOONERS COMPLETE OU/OSU SWEEP
                                      NORMAN — No. 1 Oklahoma completed the OU/OSU sweep on Saturday over No. 7 Oklahoma State, winning game three by a final of 5-3.

                                      Oklahoma finishes the regular season 48-1 and 17-1 in conference play, securing their 10th consecutive and 14th overall regular season title on Friday.

                                      On senior day in Norman, it was super senior Jocelyn Alo that hit the go-ahead grand slam in the fifth inning to put OU on top for good.

                                      Sophomore Nicole May (save) and redshirt senior Hope Trautwein (win, 15-0) combined to keep the Cowgirls (38-12, 14-4) at bay, as OSU scored just four runs to OU's 18 on the weekend.

                                      May went a combined 6.1 innings in two stints, striking out one and surrendering two runs on four hits while Trautwein (0.2 IP) entered in the top of the fifth and collected the win as she K'ed one and allowed one run, her first earned run since Feb. 25 vs. Long Beach State.

                                      May returned in the sixth with the bases loaded and worked out of the jam, stranding all three before retiring the Cowgirls in the seventh with help from a double play.

                                      OSU got on the board first, their first lead of the series, in the second inning on a two-run home run from Hayley Busby. It was the first home run given up by a Sooner pitcher since April 16 at Texas and just the seventh surrendered on the season.

                                      After a scoreless third, Oklahoma cut the deficit in half in the fourth off the bat of Grace Lyons. The shortstop ripped an RBI single to center to plate sophomore Tiare Jennings who had reached on an OSU error in right field.

                                      After a pair of hit-by-pitches and a walk in the bottom of the fifth, Jocelyn Alo stepped to the plate with the bases loaded and launched her fifth career grand slam to right center to put the Sooners on top, 5-2. It was Alo's 112th career home run and 24th of 2022.

                                      The Cowgirls scratched one more run across in the sixth on a bases-loaded walk from Trautwein but May re-entered and stranded a trio with a strikeout out and groundout.

                                      It was OU's 29th win over OSU in 30 games and 26th consecutive in Norman as the Cowgirls have not won at Marita Hynes Field since 1997.

                                      The Sooners were outhit for just the fourth time this season, with the Cowgirls registering four to OU's three. Two of OU's three hits were RBIs courtesy of Lyons and Alo, while senior captain Lynnsie Elam ripped a single in the sixth. Alo finished 1-for-3 with four RBIs via her grand slam.

                                      The Sooners clinched the No. 1 seed for the 2022 Big 12 Softball Championship next weekend, May 12-14, in Oklahoma City at Hall of Fame Stadium. The Sooners will get the winner of the No. 4 vs. No. 5 seed game and play on Friday at 1 p.m. CT. The championship is Saturday at 2 p.m.

                                      The Big 12 tournament will be shown on ESPN's family of networks. The games can be heard on the radio in Oklahoma on 107.7 The Franchise and nationwide on The Varsity app.

                                      For updates and more information on Oklahoma softball, follow the Sooners on Twitter and Instagram (@OU_Softball) and like Oklahoma Softball on Facebook.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by SoonerDave View Post
                                        So in looking at the Big 12 standings, that goofy blowout by Baylor doesn't really change anything in the standings. No matter what happens, the 4/5 game is Baylor-ISU. ISU won the season series vs Baylor 2 games to 1. OU plays the winner of that game in the second round. OSU plays KU, and Texas plays Texas Tech

                                        KU and Tech have been in a race to the conference bottom all season, but as schizoid as Texas has been, who knows what might happen in any one game. The new one-and-done format opens up some bizarre possibilities.

                                        The records and overall performances would strongly suggest the semifinals would be OU-Baylor and OSU-Texas. OSU is fighting for a Top 8 seed, but they end the regular season on a five-game losing streak.

                                        Lots of crazy softball finishes the last couple of days...
                                        Texas Tech will be interesting to watch as they fired their head coach & the entire staff after just two years on the job. Kansas might take that one.

                                        Comment


                                          https://twitter.com/OU_Softball/status/

                                          Comment


                                            https://twitter.com/OU_Softball/status/

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post

                                              Texas Tech will be interesting to watch as they fired their head coach & the entire staff after just two years on the job. Kansas might take that one.
                                              I do remember KU played some really stellar defense against us despite being swept last week... depending on OSU's mental state next week, it could be interesting. OSU on a five-game skid, but fighting for a top-eight seed. Like I said, the "one-and-done" format leaves lots of room for upsets.

                                              And I hate to even mention this, but the early weather forecast for the Big 12 tourney Thursday into Saturday isn't looking good.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by TaimenHuchen View Post
                                                I was really surprised when ESPNU did the interview of Kenny Kajewski, and one of the aggy players stood behind him and made fun of his hand gestures during his entire interview. IMO that reflected VERY poorly on LosuR and the aggy softball program. FWIW. It was Twilight Zone stuff, IMO.
                                                That has become a tradition at OSU (relatively recent tradition, Kenny G era)….when they are on TV and they interview Kenny G, an OSU player does that. Kenny is good with it, he knows someone will be doing that.

                                                It started on a game when OSU was winning on TV….and every since, someone does it.

                                                Kenny is very laid back. He wants his team relaxed and having fun….not tense, stressed and on edge. It works for him. That is a very Kenny mentality thing.

                                                From the outside looking in, you’re like wtf? if you don’t know Kenny G. He was at OU on the 1994 team (my senior year)…those guys (the guys I knew on that team) were all pretty normal dudes, not overly stressed or tense..not big egos either, just dudes.
                                                Last edited by Me And My Butt; 05-08-2022, 07:40 AM.

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                                                  https://twitter.com/OU_Softball/status/
                                                  I missed the game yesterday so catching the highlights. I might have shed a tear or two with Alo's grand slam. What a way to close out her last regular season.

                                                  Comment


                                                    I knew that the LosuR coach was a Sooner as a collegian, and possibly on our '94 championship baseball team(Larry Cochell later got shafted and resigned as OU coach. FWIW) I did NOT know the mimicking was a tradion. Pls. forgive/excuse me if I think it reflects poorly on their program.

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by TaimenHuchen View Post
                                                      I knew that the LosuR coach was a Sooner as a collegian, and possibly on our '94 championship baseball team(Larry Cochell later got shafted and resigned as OU coach. FWIW) I did NOT know the mimicking was a tradion. Pls. forgive/excuse me if I think it reflects poorly on their program.
                                                      I think Kenny G is also part of Patty''s coaching tree....don't know when he was there but think he was an asst coach with us some time back.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by TheJaffe View Post
                                                        Lyons showing why she’s an All American but got too excited smh.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Saw this elsewhere & wanted to share it. Aggie being Aggie:

                                                          Comment




                                                            someone got more info

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                                                              Saw this elsewhere & wanted to share it. Aggie being Aggie:

                                                              This is the same university student body that wasted all of their funds on tacky 12-0 medallions for their graduates back in the day to commemorate their 12-0 victory over OU that Fall.

                                                              Imagine being some Pakistani OSU STEM graduate who has never even seen a football game and being handed that piece of shit to treasure along with your diploma.

                                                              "Excuse me, what is this?"

                                                              FUCK THEM GOONERS!!! GO POKEZ! p1sToLs f1r1n!!!

                                                              "What? I cant wait to get out of this retarded 3rd world hick town and back to civilization in Pakistan."


                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by TaimenHuchen View Post
                                                                I knew that the LosuR coach was a Sooner as a collegian, and possibly on our '94 championship baseball team(Larry Cochell later got shafted and resigned as OU coach. FWIW) I did NOT know the mimicking was a tradion. Pls. forgive/excuse me if I think it reflects poorly on their program.
                                                                1994 Oklahoma Sooners Roster
                                                                Pitchers Infielders
                                                                • Chris Bradshaw
                                                                • Jorge Diaz
                                                                • Rick Gutierrez
                                                                • Rich Hills
                                                                • M.J. Mariani
                                                                • Ryan Minor
                                                                • Mark Soto
                                                                • Duane Stelly

                                                                Catchers
                                                                • Chris Briones
                                                                • Javier Flores
                                                                Outfielders
                                                                • Chip Glass
                                                                • Dustin Hansen
                                                                • Damon Minor
                                                                • Mick Meunier
                                                                • Aric Thomas
                                                                • Darvin Traylor
                                                                • Jerry Whittaker
                                                                • Fabien Maigrat
                                                                Here’s the 1994 team….we were loaded. Mark Redman was our ace, Bucky Buckles was an amazing reliever….which blows one’s mind when you see Russ Ortiz on staff (Freshman). Walton pitched a fair amount. Kenny G didn’t pitch much…but not because he wasn’t talented. He came in for one year 1994. Lovingier, Connelly, Redman…who you gonna take innings from? So many memories watching that team during my college days.


                                                                My opinion of Coachella was that he did a lot of things right…but we went down hill when Verne Rhule left to be the Houston Astros pitching coach. Our pitching fell off. They were great together.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Crimson47 View Post

                                                                  I think Kenny G is also part of Patty''s coaching tree....don't know when he was there but think he was an asst coach with us some time back.
                                                                  I don’t think he was on Patty’s staff. I think he was part of the field maintenance and grounds crew.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Soonershocker1 View Post

                                                                    I don’t think he was on Patty’s staff. I think he was part of the field maintenance and grounds crew.
                                                                    Correct. I believe he was a part of Walton’s staff though.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post

                                                                      Correct. I believe he was a part of Walton’s staff though.
                                                                      Yup, he on Walton’s Florida staff 13-15, they won 14 & 15…and they let down a notch when he left. Could be coincidence, but he’s built a solid team in Stillwater. They were better together than either have been apart.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

                                                                        Yup, he on Walton’s Florida staff 13-15, they won 14 & 15…and they let down a notch when he left. Could be coincidence, but he’s built a solid team in Stillwater. They were better together than either have been apart.
                                                                        True. Also, Walton losing Rocha to us hurt him. They haven’t been the same since.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Soonershocker1 View Post

                                                                          I don’t think he was on Patty’s staff. I think he was part of the field maintenance and grounds crew.
                                                                          I did hear them say on TV that he got a ring for the 2000 OU national championship. However, it was as the head of field maintenance. He spent 10 years as director of field maintenance for the baseball and softball facilities. He also had three turf-related businesses in Norman.

                                                                          https://okstate.com/sports/softball/...-gajewski/1762

                                                                          He's built a good program at OSU, and OSU has given him a good career opportunity.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            The bed lamb sweep occupies the top half of page 1 of the Sunday, May 8 edition of
                                                                            the sports section of The Tulsa World. The bottom half of page 1 could have been about the upcoming golf major coming to Southern Hills. But no. Oklahoma State bought a half page ad on enrolling at OSU.
                                                                            President Shrum probably authorized the ad when the Cowgirls jumped into a 2-0 lead. I can't recall ever seeing a half page ad on page 1 of any newspaper section. What a bunch of morons: spending extra money on newspaper ad on the front page of a paper below a story of its team choking again, to OU.




                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                                                                              https://twitter.com/OU_Softball/status/
                                                                              That play by Lyons changed the game.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post
                                                                                1994 Oklahoma Sooners Roster
                                                                                Pitchers Infielders
                                                                                • Chris Bradshaw
                                                                                • Jorge Diaz
                                                                                • Rick Gutierrez
                                                                                • Rich Hills
                                                                                • M.J. Mariani
                                                                                • Ryan Minor
                                                                                • Mark Soto
                                                                                • Duane Stelly

                                                                                Catchers
                                                                                • Chris Briones
                                                                                • Javier Flores
                                                                                Outfielders
                                                                                • Chip Glass
                                                                                • Dustin Hansen
                                                                                • Damon Minor
                                                                                • Mick Meunier
                                                                                • Aric Thomas
                                                                                • Darvin Traylor
                                                                                • Jerry Whittaker
                                                                                • Fabien Maigrat
                                                                                Here’s the 1994 team….we were loaded. Mark Redman was our ace, Bucky Buckles was an amazing reliever….which blows one’s mind when you see Russ Ortiz on staff (Freshman). Walton pitched a fair amount. Kenny G didn’t pitch much…but not because he wasn’t talented. He came in for one year 1994. Lovingier, Connelly, Redman…who you gonna take innings from? So many memories watching that team during my college days.


                                                                                My opinion of Coachella was that he did a lot of things right…but we went down hill when Verne Rhule left to be the Houston Astros pitching coach. Our pitching fell off. They were great together.
                                                                                I remember Javier Flores having an absolute cannon for an arm.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  ASU won today, giving them a two game lead over UCLA for the conference title. ASU plays at Washington in their last series next weekend. Should be a good match up.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post
                                                                                    ASU won today, giving them a two game lead over UCLA for the conference title. ASU plays at Washington in their last series next weekend. Should be a good match up.
                                                                                    Seems that ASU has stepped up their performances this year, while U of A has fallen back some. I know U of A has a new coach, but looks like ASU is a "team on the rise". Anybody here know much about the Sun Devil program nowadays?

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      https://twitter.com/OU_Softball/status/


                                                                                      https://big12sports.com/news/2022/5/...mpionship.aspx



                                                                                      Bracket Released for 2022 Phillips 66 Big 12 Softball Championship


                                                                                      The bracket has been revealed for the 2022 Phillips 66 Big 12 Softball Championship held in Oklahoma City at USA Softball Hall of Fame Complex from May 12-14.

                                                                                      The Championship will debut a new single-elimination format this year with the regular-season champion earning a first-round bye. The winner will receive the Big 12’s automatic bid to the 2022 NCAA Division I Softball Championship.

                                                                                      No. 1 ranked Oklahoma is the top seed in the field after completing a 17-1 run throughout league play which saw the Sooners win their 10th consecutive Big 12 regular-season championship. OU has won the Phillips 66 Big 12 Softball Championship each completed year since the tournament was restarted in 2017. The Sooners will play their first game on Friday at 1 p.m. CT against the winner of No. 4 seed Iowa State and No. 5 seed Baylor on ESPNU.

                                                                                      No. 7 Oklahoma State secured the No. 2 seed after going 14-4 in Conference games. The Cowgirls are looking for their first Big 12 Championship in program history. OSU will face seventh-seeded Kansas on Thursday at 3 p.m. CT on Big 12 Now on ESPN+. The Jayhawks last won the postseason championship in 2006.

                                                                                      No. 17 Texas locked up the third seed and will face sixth-seeded Texas Tech on Thursday night on Big 12 Now on ESPN+. The Longhorns are looking to celebrate in Oklahoma City for the first time since winning the 2005 Big 12 Championship. The Red Raiders will aim for their first crown in program history.

                                                                                      Iowa State and Baylor will face off on ESPNU to open the Championship on Thursday at noon CT. Both teams are looking for their first postseason Big 12 Championship.

                                                                                      Tickets are still available for single day or an all-session package and can be purchased here. Parking will be available on-site at the USA Softball Hall of Fame Complex for $20/day (cash or CC). Gates will open one hour prior to the start of the event and re-entry will not be allowed.

                                                                                      Stay tuned to Big12Sports.com and the league’s social media accounts for coverage throughout the Championship.
                                                                                      2022 Phillips 66 Big 12 Softball Championship
                                                                                      First Round - Thursday, May 12
                                                                                      12 p.m. Game 1: No. 4 Iowa State vs. No. 5 Baylor ESPNU
                                                                                      3 p.m. Game 2: No. 2 Oklahoma State vs. No. 7 Kansas Big 12 Now on ESPN+
                                                                                      6 p.m. Game 3: No. 3 Texas vs. No. 6 Texas Tech Big 12 Now on ESPN+
                                                                                      Semifinals - Friday, May 13
                                                                                      1 p.m. Game 4: No. 1 Oklahoma vs. Game 1 Winner ESPNU
                                                                                      4 p.m. Game 5: Game 2 Winner vs. Game 3 Winner Big 12 Now on ESPN+
                                                                                      Championship - Saturday, May 14
                                                                                      2 p.m. Game 6: Game 4 winner vs. Game 5 winner ESPN2
                                                                                      Game times and television networks are subject to change

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Here are the final standings of the Big 12 softball season:

                                                                                        1st - Oklahoma - 17-1 Conf and 48-1 Overall
                                                                                        2nd - Okla. State - 14-4 Conf and 38-12 Overall
                                                                                        3rd - Texas* - 12-6 Conf and 36-12-1 Overall
                                                                                        4th - Iowa State - 6-12 Conf and 27-26 Overall - * I-State wins tie-breaker with a 2-1 series win over Baylor.
                                                                                        5th - Baylor - 6-12 Conf and 28-23 Overall
                                                                                        6th - Texas* Tech - 5-13 Conf and 22-26 Overall
                                                                                        7th - Kansas - 3-15 - Conf and 16-33 Overall

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Assuming Okla State beats Kansas and Texas beats Tech in the first round...it seems to me that both teams will have to throw their best pitchers at each other (Maxwell and Dolcini) to try to make it to the final round. I haven't followed them in the past this season, but I'm wondering if either pitcher has thrown back to back games on consecutive days anytime this season?
                                                                                          I'm guessing probably not....which would leave Day and Simpson as the follow-up pitchers for the finals.
                                                                                          Any thoughts?

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by Crimson47 View Post
                                                                                            Assuming Okla State beats Kansas and Texas beats Tech in the first round...it seems to me that both teams will have to throw their best pitchers at each other (Maxwell and Dolcini) to try to make it to the final round. I haven't followed them in the past this season, but I'm wondering if either pitcher has thrown back to back games on consecutive days anytime this season?
                                                                                            I'm guessing probably not....which would leave Day and Simpson as the follow-up pitchers for the finals.
                                                                                            Any thoughts?
                                                                                            IMO, they shouldn’t push their pitchers in the Big 12 tourney and risk injury. You let it play out….and make sure your pitchers are rested for the real tournament.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

                                                                                              IMO, they shouldn’t push their pitchers in the Big 12 tourney and risk injury. You let it play out….and make sure your pitchers are rested for the real tournament.
                                                                                              They get almost an entire week off between...I'd be more worried about a pitcher getting stale than tired...JMO

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Section31 View Post

                                                                                                They get almost an entire week off between...I'd be more worried about a pitcher getting stale than tired...JMO
                                                                                                By rested I’m talking about nagging injuries/new fatigue injuries by over working someone, etc. Not normal wear. One would feel like a fool to throw the kitchen sink at the Big 12 and injure a starting pitcher. We get a week off in between a lot of series all year…not a big deal. We practice in between.

                                                                                                You should pitch this weekend like a normal series.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

                                                                                                  By rested I’m talking about nagging injuries/new fatigue injuries by over working someone, etc. Not normal wear. One would feel like a fool to throw the kitchen sink at the Big 12 and injure a starting pitcher. We get a week off in between a lot of series all year…not a big deal. We practice in between.

                                                                                                  You should pitch this weekend like a normal series.
                                                                                                  There's not enough games for OU to play to risk ANYTHING, IMO. It'd have to be something like 5 games in 2 days and there's no chance of that. If they get injured throwing, it won't have anything to do with fatigue imo...it'd just be happenstance. That can happen in the first game of their regional too.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Section31 View Post

                                                                                                    There's not enough games for OU to play to risk ANYTHING, IMO. It'd have to be something like 5 games in 2 days and there's no chance of that. If they get injured throwing, it won't have anything to do with fatigue imo...it'd just be happenstance. That can happen in the first game of their regional too.
                                                                                                    We weren’t talking about OU.

                                                                                                    We were talking about OSU and Texas pushing Dolcini and Maxwell…I.e., those schools throwing their aces three games in a row…or two nights in a row if they don’t lead with their aces in round one…which would be risky for both teams.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Let's look at this another way.
                                                                                                      Does the Big 12 Tournament matter to OSU and or Texas*? If they do indeed want to try to win it, I think they would need to bring their best pitchers up against us-- Dolcini or Maxwell. But they face off against each other the day before. Lose that one and they're gone. The reason I ask if it matters, does it help (or hurt) their standing for Regionals? They both are probably locked in to go, and OSU for sure to host. The question is are they high enough on the food chain to host the Supers? Texas* probably isn't but OSU might be in spite of their 5 game losing streak. So it may matter more to the Cowgirls than Texas*. In that case I would think OSU throws Maxwell at Texas* and the longwhorns let the cards fall where they may. It would pit the Cowgirls against the sooners without their top pitcher (unless they use her back to back) but maybe that won't matter either since their resume would still be pretty good, with their only recent losses coming against teams rated higher than they are.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                                                                                      Collapse

                                                                                                      Go To Top

                                                                                                      Collapse

                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1