Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jawja gets lucky and liberty drops fly ball out 2 in bottom of 7 while leading 2-0

Runner on second 1 out.

Liberty pitcher has been throwing some filthy stuff.

Comment

I'm watching #3 Va Tech vs St Francis (PA). St. Francis has difficult time catching fly balls, but one outfielder nailed a runner at the plate to keep it scoreless. Va. Tech's pitcher very similar to Hope Trout Line.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

The "Owen Field isn't loud" argument is a bit different to me. Owen Field isn't loud for a number of reasons. And it's not loud compared to some other places except for short periods of time.

Owen Field isn't loud because A) Our crowd is a bit older due to our long term success. B) We really don't hate anybody to be motivated to be that loud other than a handful of teams. And the main one never comes to Norman C) OU admin spent decades stifling the crowd to limit drunk rowdy behavior (Ken Farris who was business manager used to actually spend games with binoculars looking for people who were drinking) D) We don't have much in the way of crowd chants so time outs are quiet compared to other places who do E) Like with the other topic. OU fans are kind of spoiled with success. We've never had a riot in Norman over a game like many places because although we are excited to win we seem to have a more measured response. It also might be cultural to some degree. Really unruly public behavior just doesn't seem to be an Oklahoma thing. At least since Tulsa in 1921

As far as Nebraska not having any competition. You forget that Creighton is in Omaha and they draw huge crowds to basketball as well. And one thing you mentioned is that Ole Miss doesn't draw for softball. I'd be curious how many programs draw huge for both baseball and softball. I know Arkansas does. But I wonder who else does.
        Omaha has nearly 500K people...Norman has 125K...heck, Moore only has like 60K

Comment

Liberty wins. Nice job

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post
            Just put a cast on her arm and let her pitch…..joking for course, because some dipshit won’t realize that I was joking if I don’t point it out.

Noting that Bahl’s “pain has subsided substantially”, Gasso added that she has personally talked with Jennie Finch – the legendary Arizona pitcher who played part of a season with a fractured forearm during her own career – who recounted her own experiences with pain management and handling her own injury.

(not clear to me if her fractured forearm was throwing arm or not)

Comment

Originally posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post

I'd throw the Blogs with a somewhat short leash. A loose OU team should be able to drop 10+ on these fools.

Num 4 = Blogs?
              Home
              Forum
              Blogs
              Groups
              Uncategorized Groups
              Special
              Visitor Messages
              Private Messages
              Albums

A better question would be why there are no random words/links attached to #3 and #0…whoever hacked the site to set that shit up can’t count for shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

The "Owen Field isn't loud" argument is a bit different to me. Owen Field isn't loud for a number of reasons. And it's not loud compared to some other places except for short periods of time.

Owen Field isn't loud because A) Our crowd is a bit older due to our long term success. B) We really don't hate anybody to be motivated to be that loud other than a handful of teams. And the main one never comes to Norman C) OU admin spent decades stifling the crowd to limit drunk rowdy behavior (Ken Farris who was business manager used to actually spend games with binoculars looking for people who were drinking) D) We don't have much in the way of crowd chants so time outs are quiet compared to other places who do E) Like with the other topic. OU fans are kind of spoiled with success. We've never had a riot in Norman over a game like many places because although we are excited to win we seem to have a more measured response. It also might be cultural to some degree. Really unruly public behavior just doesn't seem to be an Oklahoma thing. At least since Tulsa in 1921

As far as Nebraska not having any competition. You forget that Creighton is in Omaha and they draw huge crowds to basketball as well. And one thing you mentioned is that Ole Miss doesn't draw for softball. I'd be curious how many programs draw huge for both baseball and softball. I know Arkansas does. But I wonder who else does.
                Go back a few years ago when Arkansas softball was average...they had games with less than 200 people at them. Point I'm making is, OU is not much different than any other school. If your a Creighton alum/fan, basketball is ALL YOU GOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner in SoCal View Post
                  Liberty wins. Nice job
                  My gosh, UGA's leadoff struck out all 4 at bats...that's embarrassing.

Comment

Notre Dame gives up a 10-spot in the first...to McNeese St.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner in SoCal View Post
                      Liberty wins. Nice job
                      I have a cousin who plays for Liberty, as well as a close family friend’s daughter as well. I was happy to see Georgia go down.

Comment

Originally posted by 61Sooner View Post
                        Will May pitch the opener against the weakest team in the regional? Seems like it would be a waste to throw Trautwein out there.

Most common talk among posters is having May throw or at least start game one against PVAM. But there is growing sentiment that after one - maybe two innings, bring in McAdoo to finish-or at least go as far as she can. There is also growing argument among posters who have way more softball knowledge than I that you start McAdoo and make her go as far as she can. Gasso has said that we are preparing to go the rest of the season without Bahl, so it's time for all hands on deck. PVAM is the place to start. If McAdoo gives up some walks, fine. If she gives up some runs, fine. We need her to give the team some innings. If we give up some runs, that's fine. Their entire 7 person pitching staff has a team ERA of 7.29. Their best one and most likely starter tonight is Massey at 4.90. There is no reason not to believe we won't score double digit runs.

Comment

Final: McNeese State 11 Notre Dame 1

Didn't we run rule McNeese State twice this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson47 View Post
                            Final: McNeese State 11 Notre Dame 1

Didn't we run rule McNeese State twice this year?
                            15-1 and 11-0; McAdoo gave up the run.

Comment

Question: Is Emmy Guthrie still on the roster? If so, is she injured or are they redshirting her? She is a right handed pitcher and there would be no scouting report on her. She could give us some innings if available. All hands on deck, pull the redshirt!

Comment

I hope aggy wins today so we can embarrass them tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by UCO4Sooners View Post
                                  Question: Is Emmy Guthrie still on the roster? If so, is she injured or are they redshirting her? She is a right handed pitcher and there would be no scouting report on her. She could give us some innings if available. All hands on deck, pull the redshirt!
                                  Yes, Guthrie is still on the roster, and yes, she was being redshirted this year. However, all hands on deck is right. If McAdoo is unable to bring us innings, then I fully expect the staff to burn her redshirt and have Guthrie give us some innings. Also, the prognosis on Bahl is good enough that if we can buy some time...one weekend.....two weekends...she may be able to come back in time for the finals. I think the Supers is where it might get risky. Athletes handle injury differently from one player to the next. Jenny Finch had the same injury as Bahl and pitched through the pain to a 32--0 season and a Natty for arizona years ago, so If Jordy can handle the pain then wild horses wouldn't be able to keep her out of the circle---if the Dr.s approve of course.

Comment

Soooo.............

Who would you like to see in the lead-off spot tonight? And who would you like to be the starting pitcher tonight?

Comment

We could put Macey Mcadoo to pitch and be fine. PV is going to get straight up murdered tonight.

Comment

From what I have seen of McAdoo if the hitters stand and don’t swing,she will throw four balls before she throws three strikes.

Comment

Has the game been delayed? I 'm getting a scholl on ESPN+ saying event is adout to start.

Comment

SoonerStats has aTm/Minn box score up in place of OU. Did a 5-1 ballgame take this long?

Comment

TV is now saying 7PM start.

Comment

80*
                                                Wind NE 8
                                                Fair Skies

CF Coleman
                                                DP Alo
                                                2B Jennings
                                                SS Lyons
                                                LF Brito
                                                C Elam
                                                3B Johns
                                                RF Boone
                                                1B Snow
                                                P May

Comment

Originally posted by rhettSodipop View Post
                                                  SoonerStats has aTm/Minn box score up in place of OU. Did a 5-1 ballgame take this long?
                                                  Stat Broadcast up and running now.

Comment

NE wind means blowing out to left!

Comment

More retardation in the last 10 posts than at the home of retards.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post
                                                        More retardation in the last 10 posts than at the home of retards.
                                                        It was house of retards.
                                                        it was never cozy enough to call it a home.

Comment

We are getting ourselves out swinging at balls

Comment

whew, Gasso shaking her head as she walks to the dugout after that bottom half in which we did nothing but pop up the ball for 123 outs.

Comment

Oklahoma 2-0 after 2. Watching on ESPN+

Comment

Back to the top of the lineup for the 3rd…

Comment

Going to bottom of 3rd, still 2-0.

Comment

3-0 OU. Alo brings home Coleman with a single.

Comment

To many cans of corn.

Comment

That’s it hard hit ground balls

Comment

Captain Crunch gets a single with 2 outs, brings home ALO & Britto. 5-0 OU.

Comment

Opening it up 2nd time through the lineup 5-0

Comment

PVAMU changed pitcher but their decision making in the field and fielding is where they need to improve.

Comment

WP, Captain Crunch comes home. 6-0. Off to the top of the 4th.

Comment

Who’s captain crunch? Who’s pitching. Jeezus.

Comment

6-0 to the bottom of the 4th.

Comment

Captain Crunch = Lynnsie Elam. May is pitching.

Comment

Coleman chop-single up the middle, Snow scores from 2nd. 7-0

Comment

Damn…Sanchez called that.

Alo, 2 run HR , 9-0

Comment

ALO homers #26, 9-0 Still no outs.

Comment

Originally posted by blacktop View Post
                                                                                              Coleman chop-single up the middle, Snow scores from 2nd. 7-0
                                                                                              My gosh they could use that against better teams. She literally couldn't have hit that much better..

Comment

11-0

2 run HR by Lyons

Comment

Grace Lyons, 2-run shot, 11-0.

Comment

Still no outs.

Comment

yeah, hoping the game just gets over quickly now. at this point I start feeling bad for the other guys.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1