First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slytherin View Post

What’s going on? What always goes on. A few softball dweebs who think they’re Casey fucking Stingall questioning everything, making mountains out of mole hills and just being general vag whiners.

We won, run rule style, Hope pitched a no hitter, Jocy hit a Babe Ruthian shot, but “waaahhhh”. Jeezus
    Having now seen the game, I understand the comment on Casey Stengel, instead of using the word cunt you went politically correct (I'm surprised), and on to the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by Section31 View Post
      VT pitcher is illegal on every pitch. Shocking they aren't calling it more. I don't understand what the VT coaches are so mad about. Of course, they have no motivation to pull her as the umps won't call it every time.

It's similar to Jordy's flaw.
      I wasn't sure if this was one ump or crew being exceptionally anal about the rule because this coach got thrown out arguing it in a previous game, or if it really was a flagrant violation of the rule. I'm no softball rules expert, but her foot is WAY off the ground on essentially every pitch. They *could* techically call it a lot more than they are if the rule is 100% on the ground all the time.

I guess the issue, then, would be how meticulously is this called in other umptehundred games over a season? I get it, its a rule, but we all know the real world isn't as pure as the rulebook..."you could call holding on every play," and it seems you could call "illegal pitch" on *most* of the pitchers in softball.

I think if you train teams to have it called or not called one way or the other throughout the course of a season, in effect saying "this is how we're training you to implement the rule," then change it in the post-season, that's kinda...goofy.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerDave View Post

I wasn't sure if this was one ump or crew being exceptionally anal about the rule because this coach got thrown out arguing it in a previous game, or if it really was a flagrant violation of the rule. I'm no softball rules expert, but her foot is WAY off the ground on essentially every pitch. They *could* techically call it a lot more than they are if the rule is 100% on the ground all the time.

I guess the issue, then, would be how meticulously is this called in other umptehundred games over a season? I get it, its a rule, but we all know the real world isn't as pure as the rulebook..."you could call holding on every play," and it seems you could call "illegal pitch" on *most* of the pitchers in softball.

I think if you train teams to have it called or not called one way or the other throughout the course of a season, in effect saying "this is how we're training you to implement the rule," then change it in the post-season, that's kinda...goofy.
        What makes it worse is, old gal digs a trench in front of the rubber, so she exacerbates the problem. The umps are gutless and the VT staff is being silly. It's really bad.

Comment

https://twitter.com/OU_Softball/status/

Comment

Comment

Comment

What the hell is Walton doing?

Comment

Our game definitely going to be running late on Espn. Va tech/Florida only in the 5th inning.

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                    Our game definitely going to be running late on Espn. Va tech/Florida only in the 5th inning.
                    Yup…gonna be listening to Plank on the radio for the first few innings.

Comment

Originally posted by Me And My Butt View Post

Yup…gonna be listening to Plank on the radio for the first few innings.
                      On ESPN2 now

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                        ESPN saying game will start in ESPN2….

Comment

Originally posted by NoCalSooner View Post

On ESPN2 now
                          Doh…I was a minute late

Comment

Go Kinzie

Comment

Nice try by right field, but that hopped into the glove

Comment

Brito been a nice key addition this year.

Comment

UCF 3rd baseman is a stud, I was impressed with her last weekend too.

Comment

Man we let the UCF pitcher off the hook...

Comment

Damn, somehow only one run out of that bases loaded situation….1-0 OU to the bottom of the 1st.

Strike zone looks narrow today.

Comment

Snow hit it hard, just right at the outfielder.

Comment

Hansen lolligagging getting in the box on full count and gets quick pitched. Not a fan of her doing that and kudos to that pitcher.

Comment

UCF is fucking lucky not having to face Jordy Bahl.

Comment

Can this moron quit calling Johns Jones?

Comment

Johns hugs the inside of the plate. Worked out for her that time- hit by a pitch.

Comment

We blew it on that play. Coleman reaches for a ball that was a mile outside, whiffs on it, and Johns get caught steeling 2nd.

Comment

Coleman walks. Alo up with 2 outs.

Comment

UCF pitcher sure seems to be showing up the ump... Lots of action from her.

Now Jayda gets after it jawing at pitcher.

Comment

Alo base hit. 2 runners on. 2 outs.

Comment

Can anybody explain what happened with the stepping out of the box call? I think I was confused by the announcers interchanging Coleman and Boone? Is it supposed to be an out or a strike when you step out?

Comment

Jennings is due I think

edit: well, nevermind. that's unlike her to swing at a ball so high and inside.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmoxl View Post
                                                              Can anybody explain what happened with the stepping out of the box call? I think I was confused by the announcers interchanging Coleman and Boone? Is it supposed to be an out or a strike when you step out?
                                                              I dont know the rule and the announcers comfused me more than clarified.

Comment

The decision to try to steal 2nd cost us at least one run.

Comment

Boone pops out. Inning over.

OU up 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post
                                                                    We blew it on that play. Coleman reaches for a ball that was a mile outside, whiffs on it, and Johns get caught steeling 2nd.
                                                                    Over-coaching, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap

Comment

UCF has already had about 3-4 bang/bang plays go there way. They won’t continue to get lucky.

Tiare Jennings has had a terrible series.

Comment

The defense has the option. If they take the out, Johns stays at 2b.

Comment

The way they explained it…If the batter steps out of the box, the defense can take the result of the play or call it a strike and continue. With a 1-2 count and the runner advancing yo second on the play, they chose to not accept the out and move the runner back to first with the batter at a 1-2 count.

Stepping out of the box and the steal attempt cost us at least one run…

Comment

The decision to try to steal 2nd cost us at least one run.
                                                                            hit and run that was a bad pitch...

I won't comment on the speed of the b a s e r u n n e r.

Comment

The way they explained it…If the batter steps out of the box, the defense can take the result of the play or call it a strike and continue. With a 1-2 count and the runner advancing yo second on the play, they chose to not accept the out and move the runner back to first with the batter at a 1-2 count.

Stepping out of the box and the steal attempt cost us at least one run…
                                                                              ah, that explains it. thank you. steal attempt is fine. had we successfully stolen we wouldn't think twice about it. unfortunate part is Coleman having to reach for a ball way outside because of the hit n run call. It's almost as if UCF knew the hit n run was on.

Comment

Lyons solo homer.

Comment

G3 BABY!!!

Comment

nice way to leadoff Lyons! dinger!

Comment

Brito thrown out at first after a hopper.

Comment

Hansen safe at 1st after a hopper.

Comment

Snow pops out. 2 outs

Comment

Coor steals 2nd.

Comment

Johns is off looking for an inside pitch

Comment

Johns walked.

Comment

Lol at the ‘All Gasso, No breaks’ shirts.

Comment

Turiya Coleman strikes out

Comment

Damn…left 7 runners on base through 3 innings. Lots of missed opportunities.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1