Announcement

Collapse

NEW POSTERS

POST REQUIREMENTS TO START A THREAD HAVE BEEN SET AT 25!

See more
See less

'17 EDGE Addison Gumbs - Transferred to ORST

Collapse

First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ResidentEvil View Post

You sure? Because I believe once the semester starts at the school you are attending, I think that locks in his year of eligibility. Meaning he could go to another school, but since the semester at OU has started he can't use his year at that other school as his transfer sit-out year.
    The rule is that you must have attended the new school for a full academic year before you are eligible. It's ok to withdraw from your previous school provided it is within the universities window for withdrawl. As far as the NCAA is concerned he was never as student at OU this semester.

BUT, some schools in the west are on semester and he could not meet the requirement because it's past late enrollment. So he was restricted to schools that are on quarters. I think there are four or five schools in the PAC that are still on Quarters. Oregon State is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

The rule is that you must have attended the new school for a full academic year before you are eligible. It's ok to withdraw from your previous school provided it is within the universities window for withdrawl. As far as the NCAA is concerned he was never as student at OU this semester.

BUT, some schools in the west are on semester and he could not meet the requirement because it's past late enrollment. So he was restricted to schools that are on quarters. I think there are four or five schools in the PAC that are still on Quarters. Oregon State is one of them.
      Ok. Makes sense. I was under the impression that at least part of the transfer eligibility was tied to financial aid (i.e. issuance of the scholarship for fall 2018) and once that financial aid was completed it locked that player into that school athletically for that season. I had assumed that, since the semester had started he was enrolled and taking classes, that he was locked into OU for that athletic season.

Comment

Damn, I am sick and tired of losing kids to ORST.

Comment

Originally posted by SportyJames View Post
          Damn, I am sick and tired of losing kids to ORST.
          I for one am grateful for Oregon State. I have a nephew who strayed from the family as a young boy and is a big OSU fan (despite the fact that he goes to OU like the rest of us. Every year I promise him that if OSU beats OU in football I will buy him a nice orange and black OSU shirt. I started promising him this when he was about 10 (in 2009) and since that time he has two nice orange and black Oregon State (OSU) shirts hanging in his closet.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
          X
          UA-124223861-1