Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#2022ChampU recruiting talk

Texas is going with #Iconic22

Thanks for putting up this thread. We've needed it for a while, as the '22 class is already popping. I've been too chickenshit to start the thread myself. I'll try to add some information this evening (based only on public sources, as I'm in no way an "insider").

Comment

IN before merge.

Comment

Originally posted by SportyJames View Post
        IN before merge.
        I thought I saw that the #2022ChampU was the official, official moniker ??

Comment

Comment

Anyone know what the chatter about Raleek brown was this morning?

Comment

We better win it in 21 to make it a valid hashtag

Comment

Originally posted by OUrage View Post
                We better win it in 21 to make it a valid hashtag
                The BIG XII Championship or the National Championship?..BOOMER!

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                  Not sure if a trimmed list or a workout video

Comment

Today was the first day coaches could officially “recruit” players in his class. Basically, as of Sept. 1, coaches can initiate contact to players of the 2022 class.

Comment

Just for first page edification.

OU 2022 Commits on 9/1/20:
                      Kobie McKinzie 4 star ILB #88 overall in the country
                      Jordan Hudson 4 star WR #119 overall

Comment

https://twitter.com/gracial_marquis/status/

https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%...g&cuid=2533383

Comment

In on 1.

Comment

Don’t count me in yet till we land a five star

Comment

Uncommitted with crystal balls to OU (247 composite *s):

5* ATH Gentry Williams (Booker T)
                              5* RB Raleek Brown
                              5* RB Gavin Sawchuk
                              4* DT Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy
                              4* DB Maurion Horn (Broken Arrow)
                              4* WR Talyn Shettron (Deer Creek)
                              4* DB Bobby Taylor (aTm tossup)
                              4* OT Jacob Sexton (Santa Fe)
                              4* WR Armani Winfield (UT tossup)

Some names connected to OU from various non-insider sources:

5* WR Luther Burden
                              5* WR Caleb Burton
                              4* ATH Brenen Thompson
                              4* DB Chace Biddle (UT lean?)
                              4* OT Kam Dewberry (aTm lean)
                              4* OT E'Marion Harris (Arky lean)
                              4* DT Bear Alexander

Add as you see fit

Comment

Thanks, Appy. That's an exciting list. Especially exciting is OU's legit shot at some elite defensive tackles: Brownlow-Dindy is a legacy and the feeling is that he'll choose OU, and Bear Alexander is considered an A&M lean at the moment, but OU is putting up a fight.

Comment

Looks like Bear Alexander? May be getting ready to commit. My guess would be Texas aTm. They’ve been rumored as favorites. OU is in the mix.

Comment

Gabe Dindy grew up a massive Oklahoma fan. In fact, the avatar on his Hudl page used to be an OU logo instead of a headshot. He doesn’t try to hide from that when discussing his recruitment and while he’s hesitant to name the Sooners as the clear-cut leader these days, it doesn’t take much reading between the lines to jump that conclusion."

https://twitter.com/rivalsmike/status/

https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%...M&cuid=2533383

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...m_content=Link

247's Josh Pate: OU about to be bona fide annual title contender

NORMAN, Okla. — 247Sports National Director of Video Josh Pate has expressed his confidence in Lincoln Riley on multiple occasions and he did so once again this week. In his mind, it's not a matter of if, but rather a matter of when No. 8 comes now.

“I was talking to [Director of Recruiting Steve] Wiltfong off the air, and he kind of reiterated it on the air, he said, ‘Man, the way Oklahoma is recruiting defensively right now, never seen it before,’” Pate said on Late Kick. “ And, you know, it may not show up this year. Like, everyone’s most recent memory of Oklahoma is LSU painting their walls with blood in the Playoff Semifinal game. What did they have, 49 points at halftime? So, I mean, LSU could have named the score, and from now until eternity, until they prove otherwise, people will just think Oklahoma can’t play good enough defense to win at that level. They can win the Big 12, but they can’t win anything past that."

Pate disagrees.

I don’t believe that," he said. "Maybe it has been true. But I did a segment a few months ago where I said Lincoln Riley’s going to win a national championship at Oklahoma. And the reason it’s going to happen is because what they’ve been defensively is not what they’re going to always be defensively. Alex Grinch, all the signs are there. Everyone there believes he’s the right guy. I believe he’s the right guy."

The show host expanded on his reasons why.

He has begun to significantly overturn the defensive roster, but now look at the guys they are either bringing in or they are in the thick of it recruiting for," Pate said. "Those guys are going to be—and I think they’re going to land a bunch of them—those guys are going to end up being the cornerstones and the reason why Oklahoma’s going to go from being a nice Big 12 story to a bona fide annually national championship contender and a team that you no longer look at three years from now and say, ‘Oh, dude, we’re going to rip them to shreds.’

“They’ll be legitimate. Alex Grinch is the right guy. They’re recruiting at a different level. I know a lot of people have to see it to believe it. I haven’t seen it yet, and I already believe it with Oklahoma.”

Comment

Just give me what we have plus, Gentry, Raleek and Dindy, everything else is gravy

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by novasooner View Post
                                            Especially exciting is OU's legit shot at some elite defensive tackles: Brownlow-Dindy is a legacy and the feeling is that he'll choose OU
                                            It takes luck to beat the demographics and put a product on the field that lets you recruit nationally afterward. On offense, that luck was some walk-on from Tech. I've thought for years that the defense needed an elite interior DL who ordinarily wouldn't give us a look but either came out of the OKC area or had family ties. Maybe this is that, finally.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonernVolved View Post
                                              Gabe Dindy grew up a massive Oklahoma fan. In fact, the avatar on his Hudl page used to be an OU logo instead of a headshot. He doesn’t try to hide from that when discussing his recruitment and while he’s hesitant to name the Sooners as the clear-cut leader these days, it doesn’t take much reading between the lines to jump that conclusion."

https://twitter.com/rivalsmike/status/

https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%...M&cuid=2533383
                                              Are we on the plump burnt pop and fresh or the athletic sculpted one?

Comment

Are we on the plump burnt pop and fresh or the athletic sculpted one?
                                                Lol. The athletic one.

Comment

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...tember-4th-6th

So You Want To Be Recruited | 2022
                                                  – Charlie S

The 2022 recruiting cycle kicked off in earnest on September 1st at 12:00 am.

Once the clock struck midnight, the phones lit up.

Coaches and their staffs were unleashed and allowed to initiate contact with the high school juniors.

Previous to September 1st, the recruits had to initiate the contact so it was basically on their choice of timing.

Phone calls, texts, direct messages…game on.

I spoke to a handful of 2022 kids yesterday afternoon.

One 2022 wide receiver told me “Man my phone is still going crazy! Good and fun process though! I probably got over 110 texts in the first hour from different coaches but thankfully not too many phone calls because it was so late!”

A running back echoed similar sentiments when he said “I turned the sound on for a minute and it (the notifications) sounded like a video game with how it was going off”. He added he quickly turned off the sound so he could get some sleep.

The offensive linemen are not immune either. One big man told me “I haven’t even gotten through half of the messages (at 6:00 pm) and my voice mail is full!”

Even I got called out for adding to the issue!

A 2022 defensive back joked with me by saying “Why you have to add to my work here? I got 150 messages from coaches, a couple who I never even spoke too and cause I am a good man I have to take time to answer you!”

One defensive lineman mentioned he and a friend, who is also a recruit, are having an intense competition when it comes to notifications. He was having fun with it and he mentioned he appreciated me adding to his tally by saying “Every little bit helps”.

For some, the constant notifications will slow down, for others it will only intensify from now until they sign on the dotted line more than a year in the future.

Some kids embrace it and love the interaction while others tend to focus on specific schools.

While I would never characterize what they are going to be going through as a hardship or anything, they are all going through an adjustment as their lives will be impacted by recruiters who are very, very good at what they do. The calls won’t stop coming, the text messages and direct messages filled with graphics and quotes are just beginning.

K and I have both seen some recruits notifications and while I can’t speak for K, I have seen phones with over 1,000 notifications which had yet to have been answered or even acknowledged by the recruit. It can be very overwhelming to some!

The one thing I consistently take away from the recruits is that the vast majority are truly grateful for the opportunities they are being presented with. Boisterous or reserved, braggadocious or humble, they all know they are fortunate to be in the position they are for the most part.

ChampU22 | The Pursuit Begins in Earnest
                                                  – Charlie S

The class of 2022 is officially open for business.

September 1st marked the day when football programs around the country were able to initiate contact with recruits in the class of 2022.

https://twitter.com/LincolnRiley/status/

The contact period opened at 12:01 am and OU wasted little time in reaching out to a ton of prospects. They even extended an offer this morning to 2022 CB Avery Powell (5’11” 170, Jersey City, NJ).

Oklahoma already has two elite recruits committed in LB Kobie McKinzie and ATH Jordan Hudson and they are in a good position and have some momentum with a number of other highly sought recruits.

Names you will likely become familiar with (if you aren’t already) in the 2022 class include:

QB: Ty Simpson, RBs: Gavin Sawchuck, Raleek Brown, Jaydon Blue, WRs: Luther Burden, Caleb Burton, Tayln Shettron, Evan Stewart, Armani Winfield, TE: Donovan Green, OLs: Zach Rice, Will Campbell, Jacob Sexton, Kam Dewberry, Collin Sadler, Dayne Shor, Cameron Williams, Jaylen Early, Jake Tayloe, Johnny Dickson, Devon Campbell, DLs: Malick Sylla, Cyrus Moss, Kenyatta Jackson, Derrick Moore, Omari Abor, Dani Dennis-Sutton, Earnest Cooper, Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy, Bear Alexander, Anthony Lucas, ILBs: Justin Medlock, Shawn Murphy, OLBs: David Bailey, Jaylen Snead, Harold Perkins, DBs: Domani Jackson, Travis Hunter, Will Johnson, Denver Harris, Maurion Horn, Bobby Taylor, Toriano Pride, Terrance Brooks, Kamari Wilson, Zion Branch, Chace Biddle, Cristian Driver, Xavier Nwankpa, ATHs: Brenen Thompson, Gentry Williams, Emeka Megwa…and many others.

The names listed above are not the only targets and I undoubtedly left many names out, but I just wanted to get you familiar with some of the guys who will likely be in focus.

The 2022 class is loaded and Oklahoma should be able to continue with their high level of recruiting.

Comment

Brenen Thompson:

https://twitter.com/SoonerScoop/status/

247:
                                                    https://247sports.com/Player/Brenen-Thompson-46100208/

Rivals:
                                                    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...hompson-265215

Comment

https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%...w&cuid=2533383

Teams chasing Oklahoma for Gabe Dindy

Gabe Dindy (Rivals.com)
                                                      Rob Cassidy • Rivals.com
                                                      Recruiting Analyst

LAKELAND, Fla. -- Rivals100 defensive lineman Gabe Dindy has long been on the recruiting radar of major programs. He holds a long list of offers that span conferences and time zones. Only a few schools are truly in the mix, however. Dindy discusses where things stand below.

ON WHICH SCHOOLS REMAIN IN CONTACT

“Oklahoma. Then, a little bit of Florida. I’ve been talking to Texas A&M, Tennessee and Clemson. That’s about it as of recently.”

ON TENNESSEE

“We’re still getting to know each other but I did a virtual visit-like thing with them and I liked it. I’m still learning more. I did a virtual visit with Oklahoma, too.”

ON VIRTUAL VISITS WITH TENNESSEE AND OKLAHOMA

“Tennessee’s was, like, a live-type thing. They took the camera around and showed me stuff. They showed me everything I would see on the visit. That was cool. Oklahoma’s wasn’t really live like that but they made it personal for me, which I liked. They had stuff set up that they knew I was interested in, like the bible and stuff. I liked both approaches.”

ON A FUTURE VISIT TO OU

“I’m going as soon as I possibly can. I was supposed to visit already but with Covid and stuff like that, I’ve still never been there.”

ON HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH CLEMSON

“They are kind of on-and-off with me sometimes. I like them a lot, though. I think they are waiting unti, my senior year to see what happens. They are still on the 2021 class right now mostly.”

ON A COMMITMENT TIME TABLE

“I’m going to wait it out because I think there are more offers to get and I want to see these schools. I want to visit. I won;t commit until my senior year.”

ON IF THERE ARE OFFERS HE’D STILL LIKE TO GET

“Not really. Maybe Ohio State. Yeah, Ohio State. That would be pretty good.”

NATL
                                                      ST
                                                      POS
                                                      GABE
                                                      DINDY
                                                      UNDECIDED

Comment

TFB today:
                                                        ***August 22nd : ‘O’ : This was the sensitive one. At the time, we gave you no clues other than to say it was a very highly ranked recruit who informed Lincoln Riley of his intentions to commit to Oklahoma.

Here is what we can tell you now since the reason around the sensitivity regarding the commitment has been addressed. It is a 2022 offensive player. We will get further into the details of why we were asked to hold any hints at a later time, but as we indicated, it’s a big get.
                                                        Among "very highly ranked" offensive targets in the '22 class, Brown is the only one I can imagine committing to OU this early, even silently.

Comment

https://twitter.com/samspiegs/status/

https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%...o&cuid=2533383

Comment

https://twitter.com/CharlieS_TFB/status/

Comment

Brenen Thompson:

247:

Rivals:
                                                              he's slight of build....but he has serious f'ing wheels. He just makes defenders look silly when he's in open field.

Comment

Originally posted by gratefulRed View Post

he's slight of build....but he has serious f'ing wheels. He just makes defenders look silly when he's in open field.
                                                                Let’s also not forget, a couple of weeks ago he tweeted out eyes for Labor Day weekend, which leads many to believe he will commit this weekend.

Comment

One of the posters on surly is confident that it will be Brenen Thompson, which would be terrific. In fact, given the major names on offense we're seeing for the 2022 class, any commitment will be terrific.

Comment

Brenen Thompson:

247:

Rivals:
                                                                    Can’t read this. However, I’ve been to both his games so far and his speed is unmatched. Because he’s so slight he tends to miss a few minutes every game getting dinged up, but when the ball is in his hands he is a threat to take it to the house every time. He’s also a solid DB.

And seems to be a good kid. My grandson is the teams QB1 and spends a lot of time around him. He thinks Brenen is OU all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Tbird View Post

Can’t read this. However, I’ve been to both his games so far and his speed is unmatched. Because he’s so slight he tends to miss a few minutes every game getting dinged up, but when the ball is in his hands he is a threat to take it to the house every time. He’s also a solid DB.

And seems to be a good kid. My grandson is the teams QB1 and spends a lot of time around him. He thinks Brenen is OU all the way.
                                                                      Brenen Thompson comes from a town where everyone knows everyone else and where virtually the entire town holds the kids accountable. Its a good day whenever OU is able to earn a commitment and then sign one the few players from the Texas high plains capable of playing for OU. They usually end up being productive players, good friendly people and come with a good self motivated work ethic.

Comment

Fam must have money

Comment

Fam must have money
                                                                          The kid is blowing up

Comment

Originally posted by OU48A View Post

Brenen Thompson comes from a town where everyone knows everyone else and where virtually the entire town holds the kids accountable. Its a good day whenever OU is able to earn a commitment and then sign one the few players from the Texas high plains capable of playing for OU. They usually end up being productive players, good friendly people and come with a good self motivated work ethic.
                                                                            It's interesting that Brenen Thompson is literally from the next town over from Jaylin Conyers. In that giant expanse of pretty much empty space that is the Texas panhandle it's amazing that two little towns right next to each other produced D1 prospects at the same time. Especially guys this talented.

Comment

#39
                                                                              The WR class for 2022 is going to be disgusting.

Talyn Shettron, Luther burden, and Brenen Thompson all leaning towards Oklahoma.

Comment

#40

Talyn Shettron, Luther burden, and Brenen Thompson all leaning towards Oklahoma.
                                                                                Disgusting: causing disgust; offensive to the physical, moral, or aesthetic taste.

Hope you’re a Texas fan

Comment

#41
                                                                                  The Tulsa World is reporting that Gentry Williams of Booker T Washington tore his ACL last week while playing against Del City.

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/high-s...e75508c89.html

Comment

#42

Brenen had 5 touchdowns tonight. One kickoff return, one interception return, one rushing, and two receiving.
                                                                                    His speed and elusiveness is phenomenal. He also played great at corner. Took a face mask that nearly broke his neck, but stayed in the game and dominated.

Auburn was in attendance.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by MichSooner View Post
                                                                                      The Tulsa World is reporting that Gentry Williams of Booker T Washington tore his ACL last week while playing against Del City.

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/high-s...e75508c89.html
                                                                                      where is the "fuck" tab?

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

where is the "fuck" tab?
                                                                                        Next to the 2020 tab

Comment

#45
                                                                                          https://twitter.com/d1Jordan3/status/

https://twitter.com/CALEBcsw/status/

Comment

#46

https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%...Q&cuid=2533383

Comment

#47
                                                                                              https://twitter.com/Willj1228/status/

https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%...s&cuid=2533383

Grosse Pointe (Mich.) South five-star 2022 cornerback Will Johnson dropped his Top10 schools on Wednesday evening.

The programs he's highest on included Oklahoma, Penn State, Georgia, Stanford, Ohio State, Arizona State, Notre Dame, Michigan, Alabama and USC.

"Honestly I got it down to the schools I felt most comfortable with, talked to the most and felt the most love from," Johnson told 247Sports.

He just felt those schools were the guys he’s been in most contact with and had a genuine relationship with," his father Deon Johnson told 247Sports.

The elder Johnson played at Michigan. The younger Johnson's process is still in the early stages. He's only been on the campuses of the Wolverines and Irish.

The biggest thing with him is he wants to visit a lot of the schools on that list," Deon said. "He hasn't had a chance to get to the schools. It's cool making a relationship over the phone and zoom communication but he wants to get to the city and see what's going on in the different towns."

Tabbed by the 247Sports Composite as the No. 1 recruit in Michigan, the country's No. 3 cornerback and No. 8 prospect overall, the 6-foot-3, 190-pound Johnson has certainly felt like a priority.

He's on the phone with USC a lot," Deon said. "Notre Dame has started calling. Oklahoma they're frequent. Alabama has started to make contact a lot. Ever since Sept. 1 everything has picked up.

Some of the schools the younger Johnson is most familiar with to date are "Michigan, Oklahoma, Penn State, Arizona State and Ohio State."

"I'd say it's even," Johnson added and I'm in contact with every week."

Now Johnson turns his attention to his own season which starts this week while keeping an eye on many of these programs on Saturdays.

"I'm looking for a school that will develop me the most and have a good history of developing DBs and getting players to the league," Will said."

"We don’t know what the situation is going to be with guys being able to get on campus," Deon said. "It's kind of a waiting game with that situation."

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Burden Fong’d to OU w/ an 8 :

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Salt City Sooner View Post

Comment

#50

"St. Louis (Mo.) Cardinal Ritter five-star receiver Luther Burden is expected to announce his college decision soon. “I would say..."

pay article by Fong

https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%...c&cuid=2533383

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                    X
                                                                                                    UA-124223861-1