First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

That lighting reminds me of the Texsa set up.

It is SO BAD. This Sandlin guy seems like a total clown.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerguru View Post

It is SO BAD. This Sandlin guy seems like a total clown.
      I am not a fan of a 40 year old man tweeting in all emojis

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

I am not a fan of a 40 year old man tweeting in all emojis

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by soonerguru View Post
            You know, if Sandlin had whipped out that ridiculous fake-ruby studded throne earlier we might have kept Caleb on board!
            Next year we are going to have a "turnover scepter".... LOL.

Comment

That Gentry Williams kid is such a drama queen. I mean the kid comes on a official visit and then reconfirms his commitment. Wait……

Comment

In other news OU picked up a transfer from TCU around 20 minutes ago. Tyler Guyton.

Comment

Looks like Wheaton has gone MIA on Bama and won’t be back.

Comment

Originally posted by SoopaSooner View Post
                    Looks like Wheaton has gone MIA on Bama and won’t be back.
                    Supposedly had a serious injury, but also his eventual transfer was so predictable I’m still shocked he went to Bama at all.

Comment

Michigan DC is leaving. Do what you must BV.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by OU48A View Post
                          TOS OU 247, Halton’s dad said ‘Pretty much a lock to OU, they’re going to cancel their visit to Miami.’

Comment

Pretty sure he’s Norman bound

Comment

Comment

4* on 247 and Rivals, 6'2"/259. After what this class lost on the DL, sounds great. Found money.

Comment

Very impressive rise for RSJ. Hope he can translate it into the field his freshman year. We definitely need some help at safety.

We wore Trouble and Fields out. They rarely came off the field. Too bad Grinch couldn’t develop any depth behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigpoppa85 View Post
                                    Too bad Grinch couldn’t develop anyone
                                    Yup

Comment

So who are we in the mix for to close out this next week:

Campbell 5* OL
                                      Holton 4* DE
                                      Burt 3* CB
                                      Thomas 3* DE
                                      Moten 3* DL

Comment

Originally posted by OUVarsityXV View Post

Campbell 5* OL
                                        Holton 4* DE
                                        Burt 3* CB
                                        Thomas 3* DE
                                        Moten 3* DL
                                        Conerly 5* OL. Word is he won’t decide until March though.

Comment

Campbell 5* OL
                                          Holton 4* DE
                                          Burt 3* CB
                                          Thomas 3* DE
                                          Moten 3* DL
                                          Josh Conerly jr - 5*
                                          #15 overall, #2 OT
                                          50/50 CB between Washington and Michigan
                                          https://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Conerly-Jr-46057420/

Comment

Campbell 5* OL
                                            Holton 4* DE
                                            Burt 3* CB
                                            Thomas 3* DE
                                            Moten 3* DL
                                            You forgot 3*(damn near composite 4*) Kevonte Henry Edge.

Comment

I see 247 kept tradition and dropped most OU commits and prospects in their rankings.

Comment

Campbell 5* OL
                                                Holton 4* DE
                                                Burt 3* CB
                                                Thomas 3* DE
                                                Moten 3* DL
                                                Speculation is Thomas and Moten were the weekend locks, and Holton and Burt both have crystal balls to OU. Does that wrap it up for ‘22? Could be a top 10 class with the HC bailing two weeks before early signing. Take that and run.

Comment

Originally posted by AppySooner View Post

Speculation is Thomas and Moten were the weekend locks, and Holton and Burt both have crystal balls to OU. Does that wrap it up for ‘22? Could be a top 10 class with the HC bailing two weeks before early signing. Take that and run.
                                                  That's even better than USC's current rank of 62

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post

That's even better than USC's current rank of 62
                                                    Mecca

Comment

Comment

Time is running out on today.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MJSooner View Post

Time is running out on today.
                                                            It's always today somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by RIP CLAYBOURNE View Post

It's always today somewhere.
                                                              Mind.blown.

Comment

Mind.blown.
                                                                or- Blown Mind

Comment

Comment

CB for Gavin Freeman.

Comment

CB for Gavin Freeman.

This is one I thought OU should be keeping in state for sure. Legacy player. Wes Welker 2.0
                                                                      Venables must have been reading some
                                                                      of this message board and love for in state recruits!

Comment

Originally posted by Dagnorbert View Post

This is one I thought OU should be keeping in state for sure. Legacy player. Wes Welker 2.0
                                                                        Venables must have been reading some
                                                                        of this message board and love for in state recruits!

Absolutely! I’ve loved this kids tape for years. He can play. Not only in-state, but a Sooner Legacy with NC ties. Sooner born Sooner bred.

Versatile quick athlete, yep Welker-esque. I think
                                                                        he could be a helluva slot guy for us. Freeman has a higher ceiling than Drake Stoops. And I don’t say that flippantly. Drake has become one of my favorites. Kid gives *everything* and has made a bunch of big plays for us. Freeman would work his butt off for OU too.

Hopefully we flip Freeman and he does what I think would do here.

Comment

Where is he committed? And who is the legacy?

Comment

TTU

Comment

Jason Freeman TE '95-'98?

http://www.soonerstats.com/football/...m?playerid=554

https://hhchargers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/jason-freeman/293
                                                                              Last edited by yaz67mvp; 01-29-2022, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigpoppa85 View Post

Absolutely! I’ve loved this kids tape for years. He can play. Not only in-state, but a Sooner Legacy with NC ties. Sooner born Sooner bred.

Versatile quick athlete, yep Welker-esque. I think
                                                                                he could be a helluva slot guy for us. Freeman has a higher ceiling than Drake Stoops. And I don’t say that flippantly. Drake has become one of my favorites. Kid gives *everything* and has made a bunch of big plays for us. Freeman would work his butt off for OU too.

Hopefully we flip Freeman and he does what I think would do here.
                                                                                Surely there is some 3* from a thousand miles a way that is better than this guy.

(Sorry, just had to).

Comment

Gavin Freeman, 3* WR committed to the Sooners January 30 as a Preferred Walkon. Burlsworth!!

Oklahoma Lands Commitment from Local WR Gavin Freeman - Sports Illustrated Oklahoma Sooners News, Analysis and More

Last edited by MichSooner; 01-30-2022, 03:11 PM.

Comment

That’s wild. I don’t know how you sell a local 3* kid on a PWO over scholarships from Tech, Tulsa, and Air Force, but we will take it.

Comment

That’s wild. I don’t know how you sell a local 3* kid on a PWO over scholarships from Tech, Tulsa, and Air Force, but we will take it.
                                                                                      OUDNA
                                                                                      BOOMER!

Comment

Too bad we don't have recruiters on the staff.

Comment

If it’s your dream to play for a certain team, would you rather chase that dream or just go somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

If it’s your dream to play for a certain team, would you rather chase that dream or just go somewhere else?
                                                                                            That and maybe some NIL money.

Enough NIL money in place of a scholarship might be a method OU could use for some who are not clear blue-chip players but have grown up with a dream to play for the Crimson and Cream.

Once it's determined they are good enough they could then be put on scholarship

Comment

Josh Conerly isn't signing tomorrow

I get it's a big decision, I had a similar choice overload at the grad school deadline, but it's not like he's some late riser, he's been a known name for three years at this point.

Really starting to feel for college coaches man, recruiting just truly never ends. Commitments don't matter, deadlines don't matter, he could take this to July if he wanted to

Comment

Originally posted by TheBorenSupremacy View Post

I get it's a big decision, I had a similar choice overload at the grad school deadline, but it's not like he's some late riser, he's been a known name for three years at this point.

Really starting to feel for college coaches man, recruiting just truly never ends. Commitments don't matter, deadlines don't matter, he could take this to July if he wanted to
                                                                                                Seems like there's always one or two who do this every year. Last year it was another Washington kid who ended up at tOSU. If Harbaugh goes to the NFL, it should help OU, as Michigan is Conerly's presumed leader at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by novasooner View Post

Seems like there's always one or two who do this every year. Last year it was another Washington kid who ended up at tOSU. If Harbaugh goes to the NFL, it should help OU, as Michigan is Conerly's presumed leader at the moment.
                                                                                                  Harbaugh is interviewing with Minnesota on signing day, that man is getting the hell out of Dodge

Comment

Originally posted by TheBorenSupremacy View Post

With NIL/Portal issues, it is a tough job. No dispute with your points there.

As for Conerly, I'm in his camp. If Michigan is his preferred school, it comes with some risk. I'd rather him wait to make his decision 6 weeks instead of signing a LOI and then asking out if/when Harbough leaves and takes his staff.

We as fans love the schools we support. Some of the players do also, but so many commit to a school based on the relationships with coaches. If those coaches are actively looking elsewhere, I'd delay any decision so that I make the one that is best for me.
                                                                                                    Last edited by OrlandoSooner; 02-01-2022, 09:39 AM. Reason: grammar and spelling

Comment

Originally posted by OrlandoSooner View Post

With NIL/Portal issues, it is a tough job. No dispute with your points there.

As for Conerly, I'm in his camp. If Michigan is his preferred school, it comes with some risk. I'd rather him wait to make his decision 6 weeks instead of signing a LOI and then asking out if/when Harbough leaves and takes his staff.

We as fans love the schools we support. Some of the players do also, but so many commit to a school based on the relationships with coaches. If those coaches are actively looking elsewhere, I'd delay any decision so that I make the one that is best for me.
                                                                                                      I actually agree with nearly everything you say here, I only disagree with the conclusion that he should wait, but respect the opinion and see the logic.

Harbaugh is gone, or else he wouldn't be interviewing on signing day and the coaching carousel never comes to an end anyways. I get committing to a coach over a school, but it can't be your only metric because I can't imagine more than five or so programs have maintained the same HC, coordinator and position coach over the last three years.

Admittingly, I'm more tired of the conditions that allow this rather than an individual guy who is taking advantage of them.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1