First Unread Thread Button

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by novasooner View Post

I mean, you never know what's gonna happen with high schoolers, but as far as these things go, Fong is pretty damn accurate.
    Yeah I think he's batting around 91%.

Comment

I mean, you never know what's gonna happen with high schoolers, but as far as these things go, Fong is pretty damn accurate.
      Right, except when he's not. He does have a high success percent but, like I said, that is manipulated by some of them switching their prediction on signing day to make sure they're right. There was a player last December that he had crystal balled to us who flipped to (I think) Arkansas on signing day. Hope he's right on this one.

Comment

Got another one for Green, fwiw.

Comment

Cayden Green would be huge coup for BB after missing on Devon Campbell, Dewberry, and others last year. Cayden canceled his Missouri trip for this weekend, and will visit OU for the spring game.

Comment

Huuuuuuuge day today.

Visitor list is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post
              Huuuuuuuge day today.

Visitor list is ridiculous.
              Lets see it.

Comment

Cool list, bro.

Comment

Derrick Leblanc 4**** out of Florida tweeted this today
                  24/7 Profile: https://247sports.com/Player/Derrick-LeBlanc-46098673/ This guy just needs to commit already1!

Twitter link ( I can never get these to embed on this site!!! )
                  https://twitter.com/getrightderrick/...49534769225732
                  Last edited by Man; 03-27-2022, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Empire View Post
                    New Annie Hansen but better.

Well.... we're waiting.gif

Comment

Peyton Bowen made it into town for practice today. I don’t see Bowen ending up at Notre Dame.

Bai Jobe was also at the practice too.
                      Last edited by Empire; 04-01-2022, 12:18 PM. Reason: Town correction.

Comment

Nyckoles Harbor

Comment

Peyton Bowen made it into town for practice today. I don’t see Bowen ending up at Notre Dame.

Bai Jobe was also at the practice too.
                          Didn't we offer Bowen's brother this weekend?

Comment

On3 crystal ball for the good guys
                            Latest recruiting data from Cayden Green

Comment

Nyckoles Harbor

Watching him run track at his size is absolutely nuts.

Definitely feels like he has cooled on us since Cain left.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post

Comment

It sure is damn QUIET right now. Been awhile since a commit.

Comment

New Annie Hansen but better.

It has now been a month since he posted this.
                                    Hope he learned not to jump the gun.

On a positive note, it is dead everywhere right now. I checked 247's recent commit list and no one has committed in the last month to anyone else other than Overton to ATM and Conerly to Oregon.

Comment

On a positive note, it is dead everywhere right now. I checked 247's recent commit list and no one has committed in the last month to anyone else other than Overton to ATM and Conerly to Oregon.
                                      Both guys we were hoping to get.

Comment

Recruits, nationwide, have been taught the meaning of the word, "commitment, by BV and have heeded his definition. Yeah, right.

Comment

Over a week and no posts. Slow recruiting.

Comment

Is there a list of recruiting prospects who are coming to the Red/White game this weekend? Any details on the scheduled activities planned to entertain these future NIL millionaires? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel O’Truth View Post
                                              Is there a list of recruiting prospects who are coming to the Red/White game this weekend? Any details on the scheduled activities planned to entertain these future NIL millionaires? Inquiring minds want to know.
                                              It will be tons of 4 and 5 star players. They will all be blown away, in love with OU, and all about BV. A couple of dozen will be crystal balled to OU with commitments imminent.

Fast forward to December and we will land 2 or 3, the rest ending up at Georgia, Bama, A&M, Ohio State, etc.
                                              90% of the class we sign will be players we havent even heard of right now.

Someone tag me in December and let me know how wrong or right I was.

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post
                                                Brent answered a question about this at his press conference yesterday when asked by John Hoover. Slow recruiting everywhere.

Comment

At least he didn’t say “we’re really close” to making some big news or even “better than most.”

Comment

Originally posted by Widescreen View Post
                                                    Recruiting has changed on numerous fronts, Brent Venables says, and having just four players pledged in April isn't cause for panic.

Comment

Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post

It will be tons of 4 and 5 star players. They will all be blown away, in love with OU, and all about BV. A couple of dozen will be crystal balled to OU with commitments imminent.

Fast forward to December and we will land 2 or 3, the rest ending up at Georgia, Bama, A&M, Ohio State, etc.

That’s an accurate picture of how it’s been going the last 5 years. We all hope BV and this staff (along with our new bagmen) will change all of that and we can close the deal.

We will find out.

Comment

Originally posted by BirtDurglar View Post

That is the way it was for TBOW The LIAR.

Brent has taught recruits the definition of Commitment.

Comment

I said before that BV wasn't my first pick for the job at OU . He is the guy now and I support him until proven other wise.
                                                          Recruiting is the key ..only thing to do is wait and see how well the 2023 ends up. While I do have my own opinion about BV
                                                          and how the end results could end up, I'm wishing only for the best ...Main thing is,,,are there another year of Bally Sports and the Sooners together?

Comment

Anyone have a list of kids coming in tomorrow?

Comment

Visitors list for the Spring game.

Jackson Arnold
                                                              Jaydon Chatmon
                                                              Dylan Edwards
                                                              Tre Wisner
                                                              Cayden Green
                                                              Jalon Kilgore
                                                              Logan Howland
                                                              Payton Kirkland
                                                              Derrick Leblanc
                                                              Harris Sewell
                                                              Jacquize Pettaway
                                                              Parker Andrews
                                                              Josh Bates
                                                              Trevor Goosby

Michael Hawkins Jr.
                                                              Xadavian Sims
                                                              Nigel Smith
                                                              Tyre Young
                                                              Collin Simmons
                                                              Tyler Moore
                                                              Kavion Henderson
                                                              Kennedy Brantley
                                                              Daniel Cruz
                                                              Jackson Ford
                                                              Armstrong Ndonim

Reggie McNeal Jr.
                                                              Emile Picarelli
                                                              Eric Nelson
                                                              Bjorn Jurgenson

Anthony Hill and David Hicks were scheduled to come, but will most likely go to the Texas spring game instead.

Comment

Visitors list for the Spring game.

Jackson Arnold
                                                                Jaydon Chatmon
                                                                Dylan Edwards
                                                                Tre Wisner
                                                                Cayden Green
                                                                Jalon Kilgore
                                                                Logan Howland
                                                                Payton Kirkland
                                                                Derrick Leblanc
                                                                Harris Sewell
                                                                Jacquize Pettaway
                                                                Parker Andrews
                                                                Josh Bates
                                                                Trevor Goosby

Michael Hawkins Jr.
                                                                Xadavian Sims
                                                                Nigel Smith
                                                                Tyre Young
                                                                Collin Simmons
                                                                Tyler Moore
                                                                Kavion Henderson
                                                                Kennedy Brantley
                                                                Daniel Cruz
                                                                Jackson Ford
                                                                Armstrong Ndonim

Reggie McNeal Jr.
                                                                Emile Picarelli
                                                                Eric Nelson
                                                                Bjorn Jurgenson

Anthony Hill and David Hicks were scheduled to come, but will most likely go to the Texas spring game instead.
                                                                Anthony Hill changed his mind?

Comment

Sucks that Anthony hill and David hicks aren’t coming. Sucks even more they’re going to texas. I really thought we were going to get hicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangejello Jones View Post

Anthony Hill changed his mind?
                                                                    Don’t make a mountain out of a no Hill.

Comment

Tre Wisner just committed to Texass. I’m convinced the 9.95ers are not being let in to OU’s recruiting plan as much as they were under the old staff.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJaffe View Post
                                                                        Tre Wisner just committed to Texass. I’m convinced the 9.95ers are not being let in to OU’s recruiting plan as much as they were under the old staff.
                                                                        Sorry I’m not up to speed but what is a 9.95er?

Comment

Pretty amusing to see the so called ‘insiders’ get skewered by 9.95ers this morning. I decided to quit my membership at rivals and had already cancelled my member at 247, these insiders don’t know crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangejello Jones View Post

Sorry I’m not up to speed but what is a 9.95er?
                                                                            It's a reference to the monthly cost for those "insider" recruiting pay sites so a 9.95er is often the "insider" intelligentsia, but it can sometimes be the person paying for the site

Comment

Not sure who else DM has a shot at for this year besides the kid from Kansas. I know we are looking good for a couple of '24 guys so maybe he's going to focus on them.

Comment

I am sure Wisner will be a good player but we are focused on top 50 players and top 5 in their position.

Comment

Is it a matter of OU not pursuing Wisner or did Texas simply win out for him (which they do more often than not for Texas kids)?

Comment

Are we not recruiting treyaun Webb anymore? Wasn’t he committed before the coaching change?

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post
                                                                                      Are we not recruiting treyaun Webb anymore? Wasn’t he committed before the coaching change?
                                                                                      We are.

But as with Wisner, we are in on the top 5 position kids.

It's very competitive

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoots View Post

We are.

But as with Wisner, we are in on the top 5 position kids.

It's very competitive
                                                                                        I’m curious. Who are these top 5 RBs that we are in on?

Comment

Comment

I
                                                                                            Last edited by soonerbms; 04-24-2022, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Hopefully the locks actually turn into commits unlike Sandlin’s last prediction.

Comment

Sandlin hasn't quite learned when to pull the trigger on the locks yet, it'll take a bit before I get excited about one of his tweets

Comment

I'm pretty sure Sandlin means we got our fifth recruit, not that we got five new recruits. And it's almost certainly this guy:

https://247sports.com/player/kaleb-spencer-46118443/

In other words, don't expect what you're hoping for.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Sandlin means we got our fifth recruit, not that we got five new recruits. And it's almost certainly this guy:

https://247sports.com/player/kaleb-spencer-46118443/

In other words, don't expect what you're hoping for.
                                                                                                    Yeah, we’ve had a handful of CBs on this guy. He’s ranked in the 600s by 247 and in the 700s by On3. Not a blue chip by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerHank View Post

I’m curious. Who are these top 5 RBs that we are in on?
                                                                                                      Not being a dick. Just in case you didn't know

Go to 24/7 and look at Sooners and 2023 or 2024 commits.

Tab down to "offers" or "prospects" not sure which one and they are categorized by position.

I think we had offers out on the #2, #3 and Blogs RB in the US.

DEEP into SEC / old Clemson recruiting grounds.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Go To Top

Collapse

Working...
                                                                                                      X
                                                                                                      UA-124223861-1